TES Skyrim 0.198

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.198

Do people still use the Skylighting effect? Just curious as to how much of a difference it makes, compared to performance. Using ENB with the weathers I have, Skylighting doesn't really have too much of a use for me.

charlievoviii wrote:
tgpomy wrote:
--JawZ-- wrote:tgpomy;

Ok, if you can run with these settings with a 50-55 average FPS in riverwood than there is no point in you buying the 4GB version, instead save the money and wait until you can afford a faster gfx card with 4GB instead.

File settings - http://www.mediafire.com/download/oszbh ... series.ini
I got about 45-50 FPS. Would it be worth buying a GTX 680 FTW 4GB? I found one for $420 used.
what video card u using now ?
GTX 670 FTW 2GB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DaemonWhite;

I use it constantly, but going below 0.8 will make the Skylighting "brightness changing depending on viewing angle" more noticeable, with some good tweaks I use around 0.7 depending on scene ambient lighting.

I think it's a very good feature that should be on, it does more than darken the ambient lighting it adds feel of depth to shadows by making the outmost part of a shadow the brightest and the inner most part darkest which has the result of making it feel and look deeper than it really is.

Here is with Skylighting at 1.0, which is the same as having it off visually speaking.

And here is a value of 0.5, I had to set both Sunrise and Day at 0.5 as I was in the middle of that transition in time.

It's an "fake" or lite AO effect which I think really adds to the scene, and you can try to darken the ambient lighting but you will not get the same result.

Performance wise is not that noticeable impact at most maybe 5 FPS or around that number in heavy areas with a lot of objects to render and thus shadows.

*master*

Boris

Yes the x64 version could be a solution to my remnant ctds and freezes.

But I'll try reinstalling completely my Skyrim, and reduce mods.
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tgpomy wrote:
charlievoviii wrote:
tgpomy wrote:
--JawZ-- wrote:tgpomy;

Ok, if you can run with these settings with a 50-55 average FPS in riverwood than there is no point in you buying the 4GB version, instead save the money and wait until you can afford a faster gfx card with 4GB instead.

File settings - http://www.mediafire.com/download/oszbh ... series.ini
I got about 45-50 FPS. Would it be worth buying a GTX 680 FTW 4GB? I found one for $420 used.
what video card u using now ?
GTX 670 FTW 2GB
Not worth an upgrade, the GTX 680 is not even that much faster. If you're going for more FPS than just get another GTX670. Two GTx670 will rape the GTX680.

*master*

--JawZ-- wrote:DaemonWhite;

I use it constantly, but going below 0.8 will make the Skylighting "brightness changing depending on viewing angle" more noticeable, with some good tweaks I use around 0.7 depending on scene ambient lighting.

I think it's a very good feature that should be on, it does more than darken the ambient lighting it adds feel of depth to shadows by making the outmost part of a shadow the brightest and the inner most part darkest which has the result of making it feel and look deeper than it really is.

Here is with Skylighting at 1.0, which is the same as having it off visually speaking.

And here is a value of 0.5, I had to set both Sunrise and Day at 0.5 as I was in the middle of that transition in time.

It's an "fake" or lite AO effect which I think really adds to the scene, and you can try to darken the ambient lighting but you will not get the same result.

Performance wise is not that noticeable impact at most maybe 5 FPS or around that number in heavy areas with a lot of objects to render and thus shadows.
Thanks or that comparison. Clarifies things greatly for me 8-)

I guess I'll re-add it and fiddle around a bit.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DaemonWhite;

You're welcome :)

Just remember that the lower AmbientMinLevel value you use the more noticeable the brightness changing will be, so stick with a fairly high setting around 0.7 or 0.8 and compensate with Direct and Ambient lighting as you see fit.