TES Skyrim 0.266

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.266

I guess you can both go for the person and the font at the same time! Priceless! :)

*master*

next ENB update greet him personally in the popup window... and that you fixed the problem, make the window red, not green anymore.

Hi there, just wanted to know if this bug ("black eye" eye shadowing bug) is known of, in case it is known to be unfixable. I searched in the forum quickly and didn't find anything about it.
I'll make a detailed bug report etc if need be it if it's not known already as I more or less narrowed down what causes it.
bug (detailed shadow effect on)
same spot, detailed shadow effect off

Uriel24 wrote:
ayvis wrote:
skysan4298 wrote:I always CTD when I tried to load a save from the main menu because I have a few mods with heavily scripted. I always coc to a cell like whiterunbreezehome to initialize all scripted mods then load.
This is off-topic, but massive thanks for this skysan. I've had the crash on loading a save issue for a while, looked it up, found nothing valuable, tried the most conservative papyrus settings possible and couldn't fix it, it was very annoying. I'm really glad to finally learn of a workaround ;)
Care though, skyrim is known to screw up some of it's internal data while loading a save from an already running game. Known stuff: issues fiexd by enchantment reload fix, also a known issue when skyrim fails to use a proper skeleton if you load a save where your character has a different gender from what is already loaded(does not happen all the time, reasons unknown).
I read about the enchantment one, never about the skeleton one but either way I'm still happy to be able to load a save reliably lol

*sensei*

Ayvis
Known issue, I don't think it can be fixed

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ayvis
I don't know about that bug, haven't seen myself. May be it's eye mod specific? Which is yours?

*sensei*

Isn't that simply caused by Detailed Shadows? I have that for ages with any mod (or no mod) for eyes. Only when light is of course shadow casting and under specific angles

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tried to find that bug in interiors and remember it now. Happen because eyes are transparent objects which are not drawed to shadows at all, so the depth data for them is not used. I can't disable shadows on them as it's much worse than shadowed incorrectly. Some folks here remember another bug produced by this game specific problem - bloody eyes with blood around them, when indirect lighting enabled, took some time to make workaround. Well, solutions are: modify eyes mesh to make them somehow drawed to shadows; increase ambient lighting; increase [EYES] SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplier parameters. Here are shots what i see in the place with no zero ambient:
Image Image Image Image

ENBSeries wrote:Tried to find that bug in interiors and remember it now. Happen because eyes are transparent objects which are not drawed to shadows at all, so the depth data for them is not used. I can't disable shadows on them as it's much worse than shadowed incorrectly. Some folks here remember another bug produced by this game specific problem - bloody eyes with blood around them, when indirect lighting enabled, took some time to make workaround. Well, solutions are: modify eyes mesh to make them somehow drawed to shadows; increase ambient lighting; increase [EYES] SubSurfaceScatteringMultiplier parameters. Here are shots what i see in the place with no zero ambient:
Image Image Image Image
I tried the eye SSS and ambient lighting stuff and I didn't think it was very conclusive. The only solutions I have found that seem to work not too bad is either use one of these mods that attach a light source in front of the character (but it's hard to make/tweak them so that they don't destroy the scene lighting credibility), or move the single vertex that's in the eye orbit of the head mesh around (closer to the eye mesh) to mitigate the bug.

I did that in game with the RaceMenu mod (with which you can edit head/eye/mouth/brow mesh topology live) so we could make edited head meshes. I checked and that's also what the infamous Daz converter modder that you banned from your forum (lol) did :
Of course maybe some of the NifSkope experts here can find a way to fix the Bethesda eye meshes, personnally I don't understand all BSlightingshaderproperty flags so I don't know.

*sensei*

ENBSeries my task manager here
ipoint and itype are from microsoft mouse and keyboard center.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Uriel24
Nothing suspicious for me. Don't think that deleting all non windows applications will help. May be it's just game mods act like that? Or heavily modified skyrim.ini/skyrimprefs.ini? Share them too.