TES Skyrim 0.155

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.155

Hey guys, has anybody else run into the sunlight going significantly brighter towards the end of sunrise (9:00AM - 10AM) and beginning of sunset (4:00pm - 5:00PM)? I've noticed it a number of times now but have not done extensive testing nor do I currently have screenshots.

Note that I am modding weather and I do have custom enbeffect.fx code so I do not discount these being the issue, however, I am at a loss as to how. Sunlight returns to normal after the time periods specified.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The cause for the sun and sun corona being brighter is not caused by ENB it is most likely caused by the assigned RGB values in the Creation Kit, the strength of the sun glare in the weather and most likely the sky properties in the imagespaces.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dinkledorf
Yes, if we're talking about the same issue I've experienced it many times but sadly I have been unable to pinpoint the exact cause. From what I've seen, it looks like the Sunlight Scale somehow gets set to a significantly higher value, and if you save a game and load it (or enter and exit a building), everything usually returns to normal. I don't think it's related to ENB, it's most likely a some kind of glitch with the game or our weather mods.

*sensei*

Thanks Jaws and Mindflux, appreciate the feedback. I did some more testing but am continuing this in the V157 thread since I am using it now.

Edit: Changed my mind, I tried waiting for 48 hours indoors and after that I have so far been unable to reproduce the issue. I recall reading somewhere that it takes 48 hours for Skyrim weather to reset itself, if this has resolved the issue (time will tell), it seems not waiting may cause this type of inconsistency. PITA really since I mod weather in as near real-time as is possible between the game and CK. :(

valks666 wrote:@Patken007

If you are using a 5970 (just saw that in another thread where you mentioned that) you might want to check out the crossfire fix thread in the AMD/ATI section of this forum, as they have a few tricks that may fix your problems with blur/depth of field and other things.

make a profile for tesv.exe with catalyst control center.
scroll down up to crossfirex settings and choose FEAR (fear.exe), that fix the ENB problem for 5970.
it's nonsense i know, but it works.