TES Skyrim 0.109 BETA

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.109 BETA

SSAO bug when in first person view near some wall is not the bug of the mod, it's game specific, incorrect drawing depth of hands or weapons, many games have this problem (which do not support ssao natively). I can't fix that without adding more artifacts, even to ignore them in computations is very hard to achieve (may be some of you remember bug with red eyes when ssao enabled, it's same).

Always forgetting about blood, but i'm sure it's because affected by some parameters in the mod, fix blood only is not possible, because game textures modified (even sun and moon textures must be properly drawed to work with parameters in enbseries.ini).

Not working fog parameters will check and will fix soon.

Alright its no big deal! It's not a agamebreaking thing, so i just wanted to bring it up. But as always, your work is incredible! Thanks so much for all of your hard work!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated. Red bug seems gone, checked fog parameters and did minor changes to them (but for me works). Added ATI compability via old fake "ENB" videocard, so for ATI users underwater and grass bug will be visible, but performance will be a bit better because of optimizations from 0.105 version and speed hack (antibsod also increase performance). I'm currently stuck with radeon 2400 (gf9600 won't install back, dust perhaps), f*d up hour trying to fix new bug with shadows "floating" everywhere when rotating camera, but it is driver bug (i forgot about "features" of ati drivers), so may be i did something wrong when searched for bug.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, forgot to activate old depth capturing for ATI users which was disabled, mod is updated again (don't report underwater or grass bug, i don't want to fix it manually).

Boris,

Thanks for the continued work on the ATI side of things. If I want to upgrade from 102 to 109 for the performance gain can I just use the same enbseries.ini I already have and just add
[GAME]
SpeedHack=true
to it and put in the new d3d9.dll?

http://enbdev.com/mod_tesskyrim_v0109.htm has updated version for ATI as well?

Thanks so much.

P.S. I still leave sD3DDevice="ENB" since I'm using an ATI card correct?

Ok just did a quick test on my Radeon 5870. SSAO seems to be working (I think) but way less pronounced. Is there different settings I need to use now?
I'm currently using:
[SSAO_SSIL]
UseIndirectLighting=false
SamplingQuality=1
SamplingRange=0.6
FadeFogRangeDay=7.0
FadeFogRangeNight=7.0
SizeScale=0.5
SourceTexturesScale=0.7
FilterQuality=1
AOAmount=0.75
ILAmount=3.5

Performance seemed pretty good but I need to test more.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I still leave sD3DDevice="ENB" since I'm using an ATI card correct?
If I want to upgrade from 102 to 109 for the performance gain can I just use the same enbseries.ini I already have and just add
[GAME]
SpeedHack=true
Right.

AOAmount=0.75 - this is lower than should be. In theory, AOAmount and ILAmount must be 1.0, but i'm changing SSAO code frequently and it's absolutely incorrect now (will do later).

ENBSeries wrote:
I still leave sD3DDevice="ENB" since I'm using an ATI card correct?
If I want to upgrade from 102 to 109 for the performance gain can I just use the same enbseries.ini I already have and just add
[GAME]
SpeedHack=true
Right.

AOAmount=0.75 - this is lower than should be. In theory, AOAmount and ILAmount must be 1.0, but i'm changing SSAO code frequently and it's absolutely incorrect now (will do later).
I alt-tab a lot to test out changes. (edit enbseries.ini and save, alt-tab back in), do the SSAO changes show up instantly or do I have to restart game?

(getting the sun settings I want is driving me nuts :) if anyone has any suggestions...)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't remember, but some of ssao parameters can't be changed without restarting of the game, perhaps SizeScale, SourceTexturesScale and SamplingQuality acting like that.

Just downloaded the latest version you've posted, and SSAO or DoF no longer works. (This is the hotfix where SSAO/DoF was enabled for ATI).
Using the d3d9.dll you posted as an attachment on the previous page it works perfectly fine however. Find it a bit strange as noone else posted about this. I tested both the wrapper and injector versions and it doesn't work in either for me. GPU info in sig. :)