TES Skyrim 0.153

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.153

Yeah I was just adding my constructive criticism in regards to the new rain features. 0.153 is definitely a nice version of this ENB.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Obviously you need to customize the texture to your liking to take full advantage of the new rain effect.

Thanks for the video, Diegog5, looks very promising indeed.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Obviously you need to customize the texture to your liking to take full advantage of the new rain effect.
Indeed. Any ideas with what you've seen so far? You've done some good work in regard to textures and meshes for ENB so your input would likely be pretty valuable.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Great addition with the rain effect and as mindflux said it needs to be customized by the user to achieve a more personal and better look for him/her.

However I think I have stumbled upon a bug with versions 0.152 and 0.153. I can't get the sky to look like the vanilla sky with ENB enabled with those 2 versions but reverting back to v0.151 and v0.139 I can can achieve the same look as in vanilla skyrim.

Pictures of the bug/problem.

Vanilla scene without ENB

With ENB v0.153 and 0.152

With ENB v0.151 and 0.139

Every setting is either set to 1.0 or 0.0 to "disable" those settings and also every effect is set to false and I have these fixes activated;

FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=false
ForceFakeVideocard=false
IgnoreLoadingScreen=true
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true
FixSsaoHairTransparency=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false

I tried disabling one fix at the a time to see if diasbling one of those fixes helped, which it did not do.

Also I have set the post-process to 0 and I am using all of Boris default files. And tried disabling effects inside the .fx files to see if it was something in those files causing the bug/problem but no luck there either.

I have tried turning everything off and on with no solution except for reverting back to v0.151 or older.

I know it is Dragonborn but it happens everywhere, no matter where you are in the game!

And why I even have an ENB Preset that looks exactly like vanilla Skyrim is to better see how for an example the detailed shadows handles my new placed shadow lights with my Relighitng Skyrim if the placement is bad it can really make for some strange shadows. Alternate Start - Live Another Life is a good example of such a bug.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

UW
Pretty hard to say, as I haven't even checked the texture files yet (at work comp now). But from what I've seen I'd myself probably start by making the rain particles thinner and shorter, and then see what can be achieved by modifying the actual effect shader, increasing the particle density, maybe adding some kind of haze, stuff like that. I think the actual texture that Boris came up with looks pretty realistic already.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Unreal Warfare
The sky don't have [effects] parameter, fire too and many else. I mostly add there effects which affect performance too much or they can be called effects in terms of graphics. To tell the truth i'm selecting category or decide how to name variable very carefully, sometimes waiting hours, because wish to keep some room for future variables without misunderstanding. In this case rain drops are not the rain as reflective wet surfaces, so spend more than day to think about naming it.

Kenryu
I will not do any changes to the rain, it only miss motion blur which is slow, but it's computation and look with blur is like in real world, so i don't care. Transparency compensation must be 0 and the rain is invisible then because of motion blur affected transparency, but it will be visible with correct hdr preset.

Oyama
I like the first gif very much.

mindflux
Rain texture is just normal and alpha, rain don't have color.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ--
I'll check sky now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ--
Do you have [sky] enable=true or false? I did changes what computing when it's active, when disabled in old versions, then day/night detector not worked because data from sky not readed. And also turn off ibl, may be it's code affect. I'll need some time to test in game.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote: Oyama
I like the first gif very much.
Yes, Boris, I can figure out why ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

--JawZ--
Found the bug with sky, will be fixed in future release. But what about shadow i don't understand, what to look at?