TES Skyrim 0.182

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.182

ENBSeries wrote:evok99

TAA ghosting is too high, i don't have so huge. And why black bars still buggy, don't know also. Are you sure their alpha set to 0 and all other image is 1?
@Boris

I have a theory about why you have less visible ghosting with TAA than pretty much every one else;

I read an article recently called 'Contemporary LCD Monitor Parameters: Objective and Subjective Analysis' by Xbit Laboritories, and from what they said I think you get less ghosting because of the way CRT monitors work. At first I though it was because CRTs have almost 0 Input Lag & Response Time, while LCDs have anywhere between 15-45ms when you combine Input Lag & Response time(my two LCD monitors have 30 & 45ms response times). Then I read this article and they described this thing called 'persistance of vision' describing how ghosting is more visible on LCDs because they do not have black periods between frames like CRTs do, and the eye doesn't have time to 'forget' the previous frame. These links (to various pages of the article) describe this much better than I can though;

Page 3; http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monito ... ers_3.html
Page 2; http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/monito ... ers_2.html

So if there is some way to adjust TAA to account for LCDs persistance of vision problem, and slower response time it would probably have close to no ghosting at all :D

SIDE NOTE: I think I will go buy a CRT monitor so I can have TAA with almost no ghosting 8-)

~Cheers

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

superl3
Don't know, never saw such issues.

valks666
TAA is not differ on crt or lcd displays, the old test version was, but this one computed on single image and output is the same always, this effect is not the inertial blending between frames for eyes, it's math.

ENBSeries wrote:valks666
TAA is not differ on crt or lcd displays, the old test version was, but this one computed on single image and output is the same always, this effect is not the inertial blending between frames for eyes, it's math.
Guess I won't be buying that CRT then :lol:

BTW I love how TAA looks when not moving around much, like supersampling but with a minimal performance hit. I don't know what determines how much ghosting you get, for some reason I get less ghosting with an AMD 7970 than I did with my 680 and the same settings, that probably doesn't help at all but I thought I'd mention it anyhow. At any rate TAA is awesome thanks :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ghosting is lower when:
fps higher (it's more subjective)
higher precision of depth texture (this is different on ati and nvidia)
lower camera far clip plane distance (don't think it's differ between games, not seen such variable in ini)
bigger camera near clip plane distance (the same as above)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Forgot to say why i come here now.
Doing optimizations now to shaders code (make shorter math by changing arithmetic operations, etc) and found that interior detailed shadows looks not like i did them in first version. Am i right or it always was almost not visible, short, so even cup on table do not produce full shadow?

ENBSeries wrote:Forgot to say why i come here now.
Doing optimizations now to shaders code (make shorter math by changing arithmetic operations, etc) and found that interior detailed shadows looks not like i did them in first version. Am i right or it always was almost not visible, short, so even cup on table do not produce full shadow?
some interiors even did not cast Ambient Occlusion ( such as Solitude Castle )
I think so.

optimization is always welcome! thank you

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Am i right or it always was almost not visible, short, so even cup on table do not produce full shadow?
You're right.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*master*

Since i'm not a pro about codin, best place to ask here guess so. I was working on completely new enb preset with 0.18x ENB. But i couldn't understand somethigns whwn i turn of TimeofDay option.
I link two images and you can see which one of them with TOD and without TOD on Control gui.

So my question is when i turn on TOD everything comes to a weird state in scene. EVen if i tune gradient and other sunset,sunrise settings, as you can see it on image appears some new lightning sources on figure. It comes to an very raw light state. + Every color in scene also changes.. Well it can be tuned via fogcolor multipler in that scene for sure but my major issue is tat 'Weird Light Source' appears on figure (maye it appears on other spots tho but very noticeable on figure) So what should i change to fix/tune that light source ? Which parameter control that light source in scene. What should i change to tune it in enbseries and enbeffect file ?

Thank you
Greets

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tansarville
Sorry, i want to sleep and don't understand what you wrote (because of that).

TO ALL
Test this version, exterior performance of detailed shadows and performance when looking on to characters or grass/trees when they fill most part of screen. Compare it to 0.182 performance and tell result. Also not sure if not broken something with fire, smoke, other particle types, all plants, etc.

EDIT: file deleted

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris

Thanx ! Will test this in a few moments ;)

ALL
Did any Nvidia user out there test the latest 320.49 beta ? Is ENB still broken with it ?
Last edited by Oyama on 26 Jun 2013, 07:48, edited 1 time in total.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop