TES Skyrim SE 0.386

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.386

mindflux wrote:It's of course not the real thing but have you tested high-resolution cubemap for those? From what I've seen the vanilla ones are very low rez.

Not "high res", but just a few minutes ago I tried the "whiterun_e" cubemap from this mod
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46915
Reflection can be seen in the fountain here 6 x 512x512 or 512x3072
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/im ... 643562.png

Then I ran into some problems with my testobject breezehome having an old ELFX mesh, which contains a multilayer parallax window and on top of it the same window with an environment map setting, which probably I added years ago. Normally it's on default I think.

Then I wanted to create new windows with a different UV for all whiterun windows.

And then I got frustrated and gave up. :D
(Inbetween that I fiddled around with the diffuse and normal map, as those tiled standard windows only have around 800x600 px. Which makes them super ugly.

I'm not sure how to add a cubemap, with the windows having the glow shader or what the hell ELFX did there.

Edit:
WIP
https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/im ... 282138.png

Can't we just add raytraced reflections and make a noob like me shut up? :D

Want to create a new cubemap now, but that's difficult. Once did one, but forgot how. Did it in photoshop, because I couldn't ati cubemapgen to save a working cubemap.
Nvidia texture tool had a different format than intel texture plugin. Or is it the newer photoshop?

Is anyone getting freezes, cursor getting stuck and/or DOF freaking out at times issues with the latest .386 or just me? I have had to restart my game multiple times because my ENB menu freezes up or glitches out. Not saying it is ENB issue for sure, just curious at this point.

*sensei*

I just wanted to express my sincere gratitude for the latest update. The game is looking better than ever with all the new effects, and all of the water seam issues I was experiencing in previous versions are gone! :thumbsup"

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

fireman_af
Nope, haven't noticed anything so far.

Pfuscher
For a start, that's not looking shabby at all.

You can't use glow with environment mapping but I guess you could cheat and use two objects, with the bottom one using glow shader and the top one a cube map with slight transparency? Haven't tested so might be buggy, though.

The old ATI tool works for creating cubemaps but it's very clunky to use and doesn't support new file formats or large resolutions. If you have a specific issue feel free to PM me and I'll try to help...

You could also do it in Photoshop by lining up the images manually and then exporting with the Nvidia/Intel texture tools.

Pfuscher wrote:
mindflux wrote:It's of course not the real thing but have you tested high-resolution cubemap for those? From what I've seen the vanilla ones are very low rez.
Not "high res", but just a few minutes ago I tried the "whiterun_e" cubemap from this mod
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46915
I really miss that mod from SE, and I am thinking about it for a very long time, just always forget about it. :)
Can we port it to SE, just resave via CK?!

I really like that mod immersion. 101%
:D

Edited:

Read the comments at Oldrim topic:

"anamorfus
04 April 2019, 6:35PM

I'm working on the mod currently, I will release it once I'm done with the changes I'm doing. "

I'll try a test with a current OLDRIM version.
Last edited by kranazolika on 12 Jun 2019, 12:16, edited 1 time in total.

mindflux wrote:It's a physical property, and in layman terms it determines how much viewing angle affects the amount of reflection.
Thank You Mindfux, and Boris from your image presentation, as well.
Now, I left I question.

About recommendation?!

Enable or disable that feature. Cause as I noticed everything has a pros and cons side. Do the only things I really try to avoid, are bugs, issues.

Thank You!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Mindflux: I'll send you a pm, don't want to spam the enb forum with unrelated stuff.

@kranazolika:
Enhanced wetness and puddles works in SE. Even with the old .esp. which I'm using.
Would be great if you could port it to SE though. Had no issues so far, but you never know.

As the mod blends over some of my 4k ground textures with 1k ones and clutter in certain places, I for me have deleted all the nifs and changed the ground textures to invisible 2x2 black ones.
I'm only using the puddles and have added "wet cubemaps" to river stuff myself, as there are higher poly ones available today.
Or copy your clutter into the ewp folders, rename and add the cubemaps.

Pfuscher wrote:@Mindflux: I'll send you a pm, don't want to spam the enb forum with unrelated stuff.

@kranazolika:
Enhanced wetness and puddles works in SE. Even with the old .esp. which I'm using.
Would be great if you could port it to SE though. Had no issues so far, but you never know.
I just want to save via CK for SE version.
A proper port for me means ask permission, etc.. I wouldn't make something like that.

Just always forgot about that mod. Now, you came to my mind, so downloaded the Oldrim version, and will resave via CK.
And try it.

And as I posted the mod Author is working on SE version of the mod.
(maybe some polish, or extra, ?!) I have nod idea...

Hmmmm....

I have a feeling Enhanced Wetness and Puddles is not really compatible with SE.
http://pasted.co/1348daf1

I'll just try, butt till anamorfus won't upload a proper version for SE (or someone, who handle the whole process, I guess I will drop after tested)
Too much error...

PS:

Do you use the OLDRIM version, without any issue?
How long do you use the mod?

Cause I just made a quick test after resave with CK. (and it looks works fine)
But...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Got it for a few weeks now.

Immersive interiors and "shadows" are also mods that come to my mind that would be great in SSE

Pfuscher wrote:Got it for a few weeks now.

Immersive interiors and "shadows" are also mods that come to my mind that would be great in SSE
If you're using it for weeks without issues, it sounds good.
Maybe the CK log bugs, just minor issues.

Just looked out Immersive Interiors. I remember. I haven't used it, cause if I remember right it supported only Whiterun, and at the early stage there were issues with that mod.
So, the mod paused and nobody continued another place, etc...