TES Skyrim SE 0.390

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.390

Yes of course. I draw albedo and have access to normal map, colors and can ignore transparent objects, basically no need to fake any data to make physically correct gi in screen space with some more accumulated around it from past frames. But this is all just theory which works okay for depth without normals (i mean when normals generated from depth), but i don't know any fast way to make gi with normal map of g-buffer, you can see my attempts in old skyrim to blur by various factors ssao/ssil and no matter which filter to choose, it still bad, only minimal blurring and higher sampling rate looks good. I've spend 2 months last summer trying to solve this puzzle for vr skyrim and came to nothing, any interesting ideas just consume same performance cause they have other weak sides or having negative effects like decreasing detail level. I don't want to give up normals, because it's step back with lot of weird bugs on terrain or other curvy surfaces. I didn't try yet to experiment with blurring normals, because i don't even understand how to blur them and not destroy details where they needed or do they need details at all. Anyway, i'm not enthusiastic about modding any more, as you can see people rarely came here, game is very old now and i need to find some other to modify or to do something else.

*master*

[quote= Anyway, i'm not enthusiastic about modding any more, as you can see people rarely came here, game is very old now and i need to find some other to modify or to do something else.[/quote]

I know that barely just a few people ask things here often, because a lot of people don´t even know about the ENB existence, i asked to some friends if they use ENBs in their games and they wasn´t aware of that and i had to explain to them what it is and maybe is because this forum is not very advertised around the internet and people don´t even know that there is a page called "Nexus mods" in where you can find references about ENB but people keep asking about mods in the Steam forums x( , but i understant the point that indeed this is an old game and even another version of the same game that also needs some love because their devs wasted a good opportunity to make a good game at visual level and they did some things that not helped much to the aspect of the game at cost of even more performance for no reason :( but you have a faithful group of followers that allways be thankful for your amazing work, i come here daily to see if there is a new SSE ENB update :D
and I don´t talk here very much because everything seems to be fine, at least on my end because i haven´t encountered any bugs :) but im allways looking forward to see more updates :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

True, in like 6 years I never encountered 1 bug. It was always myself destroying the visuals ^^
Boris is tremendously good at delivering bug free work and fixing anything occuring.

ENBSeries wrote:as you can see people rarely came here, game is very old now and i need to find some other to modify or to do something else.
I quickly counted downloads of fresh ENB presets, that were published in July. The amount of downloads is 10 000+. If we add downloads for older presets, SkyrimSE Re-Engaged ENB was downloaded 22821 times in June and 10 430 times in July, Rudy ENB was downloaded 15675 times in june and 7542 times in July.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... ?tab=stats
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... ?tab=stats

And who knows how many times other presets are being downloaded, because to count this you have to check each page manually.

Assumming it is summer, people don't play videogames much now and go outside or travel on vacations. Overall download rate for two mentioned presets is quite constant, with a maximum in may 2019 (if we omit initial download maximum). Rudy ENB even has a global maximum in may 2019, and its download rate is the highest in 2019, comparing to 2018.

Quick glance at data shows that people's interest in ENB is at least not decreasing, if not growing in this year.

There are two reasons why people don't write on this forum often. The first one is they don't know what to discuss, because they are not into technical details, and they only want to drop ready to use preset into a game directory and just play. Even if they have issues, maybe they just go to nexus comment sections of enb presets they use.

The second reason this forum seems to have quite serious atmosphere, and dedicated to technical discussions. I often see preset authors here, and I percept this forum as a place for technical discussions as well.

Anyway, I am a big fan of ENB and check the site for updates couple times per week. Thanks for your hard work, without ENB my eyes might be bled out years ago.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Yes of course. I draw albedo and have access to normal map, colors and can ignore transparent objects, basically no need to fake any data to make physically correct gi in screen space with some more accumulated around it from past frames. But this is all just theory which works okay for depth without normals (i mean when normals generated from depth), but i don't know any fast way to make gi with normal map of g-buffer, you can see my attempts in old skyrim to blur by various factors ssao/ssil and no matter which filter to choose, it still bad, only minimal blurring and higher sampling rate looks good.

GBuffer normals are a bitch... But AO/IL doesn't need highly precise normals (normal maps, that is, the actual underlying surface normal must be precise), I had an idea recently that might be total nonsense but it basically works this way: compute AO term 5 times (would fit into same AO accumulator) one time with the smooth normal of the 3D model, 4 times with the normal bent into north, south, east, west direction. Then after the AO is computed and filtered (sadly would need more textures for IL), interpolate between these results based on the gbuffer normal orientation, weighted avg between the AO terms based on their associated fake normal direction, sort of like texture projection on spheres work by blending nearest cube plane projected on them. That should theoretically result in very smooth AO with no ruined detail.

Might as well ask since McFly is here too. Am I correct in saying it's practically impossible to access the Turing RT Cores if the original game is DX11 or older? You need Vulkan or DX12 and while wrappers exist for D3D8 > D3D9, it sounds much less reasonable in the case of the new low-level APIs.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Marty McFly
I thought about similar things in other ways (like probes), but it's so costly or losing detail on small areas if try to skip bigger zones to get performance back. Only fits to big ranges of sampling and when you can ignore that such sampling can't see small objects (so self shadowing fails). This effect is cursed, any optimizations starts to work only after certain minimal performance penalty, which is too much big for modern hardware yet.

Viscerous
Not possible, extra features need other API to be used and mix several means sacrifice something, cause of transfer data on CPU. But some as i know have access to dx resources directly, this need investigation. But anyway, from graphics side there is nothing special there, dx11 itself is powerful enough to implement almost anything, even raytracing if know how to build mesh for it.

*master*

Hey Boris, can Parallax be developed only for roads? or there is absolutely nothing to do about it?.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

No. Road not any different from other objects.

I cannot find ENB’s download link, even on the download” page.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/23174
In this mod’s requirements it has a link to http://enbdev.com/index_en.html.

When I go to this page there is no link to download newest enbseries.
Even on the download page.http://enbdev.com/download.htm
Nor the TES Skyrim SE link. http://enbdev.com/download_mod_tesskyrimse.html

There Is a banner flashing across the page for adds.
It is misleading because the big white banner says on it “Download, but the small print says the link is for some windows app or chrome app. Something, just Not the ENB.

I know it is TES Skyrim SE 0.390, but I cannot find the file’s download link anywhere on the site.

Truly, I'v done this shyte before, I know how to download. Just frustrated as 7734