TES Skyrim 0.264

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.264

Can i make a small request, Boris?
Let me speak from my heart. In English.
Because of Nvidia's DSR technology downsampling becomes more and more popular... and it would be great if you will allow users to set a scaling multiplier of enb in-game UI. Because it's just teriible when you have to tweak some settings with 2160p resolution and can't see what the fuck this string is meant to do.
And uh, second request.
Sometimes because of messing with ini files or some weird mods skyrim stucks on loading screen. ILS, that sort of problem. And when you're summoning task manager to shut down the Skyrim process Windows 8.1 goes crazy and does not allow you to switch from Skyrim window to any other app. it's not just my problem, i know some guys with similar stuff, not sure if it's a global problem or just we are so lucky ones. So, how about implemnting "EXIT RIGHT NOW OH FUCK" hotkey in ENB Mod?
Thank you :3

*sensei*

zoxxi wrote:Can i make a small request, Boris?
Sometimes because of messing with ini files or some weird mods skyrim stucks on loading screen. ILS, that sort of problem. And when you're summoning task manager to shut down the Skyrim process Windows 8.1 goes crazy and does not allow you to switch from Skyrim window to any other app. it's not just my problem, i know some guys with similar stuff, not sure if it's a global problem or just we are so lucky ones. So, how about implemnting "EXIT RIGHT NOW OH FUCK" hotkey in ENB Mod?
This is a 'global' problem I've been struggling with as well.
There's a god damn easy fix though: open task manager, click options, click 'always on top'.
So easy and it took me months to find ouzt.

*master*

zoxxi wrote:Can i make a small request, Boris?
Let me speak from my heart. In English.
Because of Nvidia's DSR technology downsampling becomes more and more popular... and it would be great if you will allow users to set a scaling multiplier of enb in-game UI. Because it's just teriible when you have to tweak some settings with 2160p resolution and can't see what the fuck this string is meant to do.
And uh, second request.
Maybe this program will help:

http://code.google.com/p/superf4

I use it and it works great!

Also on Nexus if you want to endorse:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7884

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Having Skyrim use 2 different enbseries.ini files for indoor and outdoor, as everybody has 3 times the frames indoors. Or an automatic change of quality by 1 or 2.
A second world shadow blending over at a certain distance, so people can have shadows farther away than 8.000 without ultra blocky close distance shadows.
Right now having tree shadows farther away than I can throw end in like 512 resolution shadows for closeups.

>There's a god damn easy fix though: open task manager, click options, click 'always on top'.
>http://code.google.com/p/superf4
Oh gods. Thank you guys! Never thought that there are such simple fixes exist.

Just out of curiosity, does EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks still work? I ask because it is mentioned as being removed in v0.198; however, the parameter is still in the latest binary (0.264). I attempted to do a search for the parameter to figure out if it was added back in, but all I came up with was 200+ pages of users posting their INI files.

Thanks in advance!

*master*

TechAngel85 wrote:Just out of curiosity, does EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks still work? I ask because it is mentioned as being removed in v0.198; however, the parameter is still in the latest binary (0.264). I attempted to do a search for the parameter to figure out if it was added back in, but all I came up with was 200+ pages of users posting their INI files.

Thanks in advance!
If you search for that keyword and ENBSeries as the author, you should get more useful results. This is from Boris in the 0.209 download thread:
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false - yes, again. This is for videocards with a lot of video memory, because this mode is if player don't want to have any stuttering, any side effects (except alt+tab issue) or by some reason this set to false not work (reason actually other software). This mode also perfect if user have disbalanced system like 32 bit OS and videocard with 4 gb video memory. This mode don't use dynamic memory reallocation, so no compression, no enbhost.exe. Also it work only when ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true set.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

zoxxi
I'm using termination key for my own purposes. Ok, will do it if still need it (but players even reported ALT+F4 as "bug", so i expect a lot of flood).
Editor size is not under my control, it's middleware which i don't know, so will take some time to figure out how in the heck to make it bigger (not just bigger, but all positioning also).

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks still works

I can't split config files, standart is defined already and it must be like that for compatibility with old presets.

Maeldun wrote:
TechAngel85 wrote:Just out of curiosity, does EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks still work? I ask because it is mentioned as being removed in v0.198; however, the parameter is still in the latest binary (0.264). I attempted to do a search for the parameter to figure out if it was added back in, but all I came up with was 200+ pages of users posting their INI files.

Thanks in advance!
If you search for that keyword and ENBSeries as the author, you should get more useful results. This is from Boris in the 0.209 download thread:
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false - yes, again. This is for videocards with a lot of video memory, because this mode is if player don't want to have any stuttering, any side effects (except alt+tab issue) or by some reason this set to false not work (reason actually other software). This mode also perfect if user have disbalanced system like 32 bit OS and videocard with 4 gb video memory. This mode don't use dynamic memory reallocation, so no compression, no enbhost.exe. Also it work only when ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true set.
Okay, thanks for the reply and the search tip.

Thank you as well, Boris!

I have crashes everytime after enbhost.exe process eat over than 3 GB of memory. Month ago, with the similar pack of mods, meshes & textures, this process and enbhost2 using 8-12 GB of RAM and game work good. What was happened?