TES Skyrim 0.193

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.193

Oyama wrote:
charlievoviii wrote: I am, no issues. works well.
Thanx. Will update.

Boris
If you call yourself "lazy ass", what would it be in case you weren't lazy ???? :lol:

Just shoot the tests ! We'll take it ;)
If you're he's not lazy than all the ENB modder would quit cause they can't keep up with Borris beastly working mode. :lol:
Last edited by charlievoviii on 23 Jul 2013, 07:08, edited 2 times in total.

Came back from vacation. I followed the thread/development but couldn´t test for you. Now i am back at home and would be happy if i can test.
Last edited by VadersApp on 23 Jul 2013, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

i notice the new ENB doesnt have FPS limit section ? Does anyone know what I can do to set FPS limit ? i dont want to use vsync since.

You can find it in enblocal.ini, probably as that kind of setting is user based which I like so I don't have to set it every time I copy a new ENB profile over to test with.

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote: I'm developing another memory fix type which use streaming and caching of textures and meshes from/to hdd or memory in case of x64 systems, so visit this topic (or other latest of the mod) from time to time in case if i'll publish tests. Actually my lazy ass don't really want to bother with such things.
Oyama wrote: Boris
Just shoot the tests ! We'll take it ;)
+1)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hrazmadul wrote:You can find it in enblocal.ini, probably as that kind of setting is user based which I like so I don't have to set it every time I copy a new ENB profile over to test with.

duhh, My head got retard today after long all nighter testing ENB for Borris. Thanks mate

Has any AMD user with 3GB card tested the game with uncompressed textures vs optimized compresssed textures, how much better the performance is for uncompressed with the new ENB features enabled?

All my textures, except body and face, are currently optimized, and separated with the mod organizer. Not too keen to uncompress them all (thats over 40GB folder that I'd have to go through) unless it's better than setting ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false. Maybe I should just try without texture mods or just a few uncompressed vs compressed.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Syrophir wrote:Has any AMD user with 3GB card tested the game with uncompressed textures vs optimized compresssed textures, how much better the performance is for uncompressed with the new ENB features enabled?

All my textures, except body and face, are currently optimized, and separated with the mod organizer. Not too keen to uncompress them all (thats over 40GB folder that I'd have to go through) unless it's better than setting ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=false. Maybe I should just try without texture mods or just a few uncompressed vs compressed.
test it and find out, since everyone PC are different.

Hi Boris / Guys,

I have been following the development of what has been my long term bane with Skyrim (the 3.1gb CTD crash), and have just registered to let you all know, that I'm willing to help with testing.

I noted that you need people with AMD GPUs to nail down the issue, so here I am.

By the way I have 6GB Radeon 7970 Radeon Card (and 5Ghz overclocked CPU + 32GB Ram) therefore I might provide some valuable data points, if some of you can explain the testing methodology to me please.

I don't yet fully understand what you mean by test 1,2,3,9,25,30 etc - are those test scripts or pre-recorded runs in Skyrim or just testing revision of newest ENB?

In any case, I still need about two days to get my installation of Skyrim to it's former glory. I had Skyrim folder with 150 mods and various textures totatalling 28GB on disk. I stopped playing it solely because CTD issues at 3.1gb and I didn't want to downgrade quality of something that I know my system should be able to handle. I've already reinstalled the game and started pulling mods back together, however with Nexus not playing ball since yesterday it might take some time.

If someone can brief me with a how-to, I'm happy to help.

Kind regards
Paul

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Syrophir
Uncomressed textures for AMD cards will run as without patch by performance and only when cell loading (camera rotating) will be greater delays. Compressed dxt1-5 format will be slower, because AMD drivers create such textures in system memory (visible on memory usage graphs) or may be dublicate them in system memory. With 3 Gb VRam you can try to convert textures from hi-res texture packs, but not all together, because dxt1 is 0.5 byte per pixel and dxt5 is 1 byte per pixel, while uncompressed are 2 or 4 bytes. First of all "decomress" biggest and frequently used textures, when their size on hdd will reach 2 gb, stop converting and try to run the game. Of course 40 gb of textures is huge number, but nobody know which are used together at same cells, but definetly character textures are #1 for decompression on AMD cards.

Overfiend
Thanks. Visit forum, i'll post tests here from time to time (seems frequently for understanding of users). You don't need to know anything special about testing and how to setup your hardware. As i wrote to Syrophir, uncompressed textures are better with current version of the patch and especially with 6 gb video memory.

Anybody have seen purple color issues with textures (or missing) when ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true? I mean in game, not when something crashed. It may happen to uncompressed textures, because skyrim incorrectly working with dxt, so i guess it may do something to uncompressed argb also.