TES Skyrim 0.157

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.157

Rem_NL
I don't need Skyrim DLCs for sure as will not play them. Thanks anyway.

MaxTheUniqueGamer
Trying to modify GTA4 now, after new version i'll look at Left 4 Dead 2 as Source Engine game (but if i'll get working skyrim helper mod to restore matrices of 3d space, then will do some effects for skyrim first).

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Rem_NL
I don't need Skyrim DLCs for sure as will not play them. Thanks anyway.

MaxTheUniqueGamer
Trying to modify GTA4 now, after new version i'll look at Left 4 Dead 2 as Source Engine game (but if i'll get working skyrim helper mod to restore matrices of 3d space, then will do some effects for skyrim first).
Ok, thanks for letting me know :)

I'm extremely thankful that You will work on it.
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

*sensei*

Do all palettes add banding to the sky unless their perfect graded black to white?
Mine promote it and old HD6 contrast palette seem to promote it alittle more,
turning it off makes it almost go away:>
Is there a way to create one that does not have or give very little banding in the sky?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Use depth texture as mask, it's value greater than 0.99999 (i suggest not to use ==1.0, it's not perfect), then it's sky, so no palette (color.xyz=lerp(color.xyz, nopalettecolor.xyz, skymask);).

*sensei*

@ Boris
Thanks for the new update. Performance is better, and sunsprite rendering improved. If anything wrong comes up, I'll let you know.

Flickr
Twitter

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey guy, i'd like to make motion blur, but guess it will broke some of presets based on customized shaders. If somebody use alpha channel data from enbeffectprepass, compressed colors or few pixels on the sides and later they are used in enbeffect.fx, they will be corruped if motion blur is applied between enbeffectprepass.fx and enbeffect.fx. Correct me if i'm wrong and such tricky presets not existing. Motion blur based on hdr textures gives the best results, so after tonemapping of enbeffect.fx this "can't" be computed. Motion blur itself is visible in our eyes right before tonemapping and it's after lenz effects and depth of field. Write code of motion blur in new standart of enbeffect.fx is bad solution which will broke all existing presets with custom enbeffect.fx files. Also motion blur is multipass effect and i need it shader to be non public for better optimization and future improvements dependent not only from shader code.
I have idea somehow to separate final color corrections (tonemapping) of enbeffect.fx and any prepass tricky computations (those pixels on sides or alpha channel), insert between them motion blur. Not sure if it help. Computing motion blur before enbeffectprepass will broke depth of field and decrease performance, because depth also must be blurred then (depth can't be transparent, at least not that easy). I'll find myself good solution if you describe how enbeffect.fx and enbeffectprepass.fx are linked, if they are. Sending data to effect.txt the same way also could be the problem if such data is depth (after motion blur).
:?

*master*

I think most of us would be ok with adjusting the custom shaders, if we could get motion blur for this instead. ^^

CPU: i7 3770K @ 3,4 GHz (3,9 GHz with Turbo); RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz; GPU: Asus GTX 980 Strix; Mainboard: Asrock Z77 Pro 3; SSD: Samsung 830 128 GB; HDD: 2 TB

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Use depth texture as mask, it's value greater than 0.99999 (i suggest not to use ==1.0, it's not perfect), then it's sky, so no palette (color.xyz=lerp(color.xyz, nopalettecolor.xyz, skymask);).
Apology late reply, alot to do lately:>
Forgive me if I misunderstood something but the enbpalette max file on the palette page I can use it to create a depth texture right?
Does it have value greater than 0.99999 but not 1.0 already or u refer to pixel aspect it rendered with?
I guess (color.xyz=lerp(color.xyz, nopalettecolor.xyz, skymask);) should go into palmix code?
Feel free to say im totaly off and ill leave it. Maybe someone with better know how do it later :)

Just something that came to mind while reading about motionblur, could it be mixed with old DoF (or redo DoF with same type code) so their both in the same endprepass and share blur/not breaking eachother?

With 0.157 I dont get the sharp angle SSAO "bleed" anymore btw, awesome version :D

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Depth texture is texDepth for effect.txt shader where texPalette is pallete for it. Sorry about depth texture mentioned in enbeffect.fx, i forgot that it's not passed to the Skyrim shader (it's in GTA4). In that case use effect.txt or modify enbeffectprepass.fx to make it output alpha to be computed mask by depth.
But i don't guarantee it will work with motion blur as described in previous post, i just don't know what to do with depth and to use hdr input textures for motion blur. Damn it, even if i'll generate intensity only from hdr before enbeffectprepass.fx and use them for motion blur after effect.txt, any blurring, sharpening and dof will look incorrectly.
Okay, as i don't know optimal solution to the problem, the only ways left are:
1 Try all places for motion blur computation and choose the less buggy.
2 Design all possible motion blur algorithms and their parameters for the future and put in to existing shader, enbeffectprepass.fx probably. But it's not solve all issues, too late.

Boris that it is necessary to make that the effect of Godray in the Skyrim didn't appear through buildings and the district. Unclear, but sometimes it worked as it is necessary, and here started game, and again the sun it is visible through rocks.