TES Skyrim 0.193

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.193

Ok, is the option in Skyrim Performance Monitor that let you monitor directly in game that generate crashes
"Attempt Support for Custom D3D9.dll"

If we uncheck it, game starts normally also in 0.193 with all options of ENB set to true

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Drallen wrote:
charlievoviii wrote:Skyrim Performance Monitor software doesnt work with the new ENB and causes CTD. That doesn't have anything to do with ENB, the creator of that software need to update it. Borris make ENB, his job is not to solve your other issues that have nothing to do with the ENB.
Confirmed, I started Skyrim without the Skyrim Performance Monitor and no CTD on startup. Using the most recent test version 36 from Boris. Thanks, everyone :)

I'm still having some performance issues but I'm investigating my settings. Currently stuck around 25 FPS, much stuttering.

Will report again later or if there is another test version.
stutter can be causes from a lot of things. A lot of time it haves nothing to do with the ENB, it's more of your PC performance. Trying to run more than what your PC capable. Best way to test an ENB for me is at vanilla Skyrim. That's why I have two copies. A heavily modded skyrim and a vanilla version. I do all my tests on vanilla Skyrim, once everything looks good and run well than I test it on my heavily modded Skyrim. This way it's easier to narrow down the issues. A perfect example is Skyrim Performance Monitor software. We all have different hardware and softwares/mods installed.
Last edited by charlievoviii on 23 Jul 2013, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

Behelit wrote:Ok, is the option in Skyrim Performance Monitor that let you monitor directly in game that generate crashes

If we uncheck it, game starts normally also in 0.193 with all options of ENB set to true
I have an observation about that - may or may not be relevant.

With every version of ENB I have used so far (from v0.155 onwards), the on-screen monitoring provided by Skyrim Performance Monitor has always been pixelated and dim - not very useful.
With the 21/7 v.193 (sorry I keep bringing it up, Boris :) ), the monitoring was clear, bright, and readable. And my performance and stability was excellent as well.

I agree that SPM is probably not playing well with ENB - not ENB's fault. What options to we have if we want to monitor critical performance data, like FPS and (V)RAM usage?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Drallen wrote:
Behelit wrote:Ok, is the option in Skyrim Performance Monitor that let you monitor directly in game that generate crashes

I have an observation about that - may or may not be relevant.

With every version of ENB I have used so far (from v0.155 onwards), the on-screen monitoring provided by Skyrim Performance Monitor has always been pixelated and dim - not very useful.
With the 21/7 v.193 (sorry I keep bringing it up, Boris :) ), the monitoring was clear, bright, and readable. And my performance and stability was excellent as well.

I agree that SPM is probably not playing well with ENB - not ENB's fault. What options to we have if we want to monitor critical performance data, like FPS and (V)RAM usage?
Most of the issues are really boiling down to AMD users. I never have issue with pixelated OSD using SPM. BTW you can also adjust the fonts size etc. As far as about what options do you have to monitor your skyrim well that's up to you, that's have nothing to do with Borris. Like i said before his job is to make ENB, and not troubleshooting other software. If monitoring your skyrim is that important to you than revert back to the last ENB work with SPM, and wait until the creator of SPM update his software to work with the new ENB. ;)

BTW you can monitor your FPS using the ENB FPS counter by pressing * on the numpad.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

charlievoviii
Perfomance on AMD cards with memory fix is differ very much from NVidia, so stuttering is because of ReduceSystemMemoryUsage.

Drallen
I can only say that didn't anything special to those 7/21 version which may fix somehow Skyrim Performance Monitor, so it's just trapped in to one of conditions when worked, for example specific size of surface, non square or less than some size. But i don't understand the meaning of measurements while playing, what changes if values will go above some limits? You exit game? Or may be it's so fun to look at different window? i can make monitoring, but it's nonsense.

*sensei*

to everyone who have fps hit.
check you enblocal.ini and if you have
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true
change it to
ForceBorderless=false
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=false
and make sure your game is running in fullscreen.
I have huge fps ihit when in windowed mode, and it's not enb problem. Fullscreen runs great for me.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:charlievoviii
Perfomance on AMD cards with memory fix is differ very much from NVidia, so stuttering is because of ReduceSystemMemoryUsage.
I know Borris, I'm just trying to justify to people that you gain something you looses something.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Xilandro
You have fps hit in borderless windowed, because vsync turned on, right?

*sensei*

ENBSeries >>
Tested with vsync off in enb - fps hit.
Tested without enb. Hit.
Changed in skyrimprefs.ini iPresentInterval=1 to 0 - hit
Added line iPresentInterval=0 to skyrim.ini - 89fps
Problem solved =3 Thanks for waypointing me)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

the problem is 3rd party OSD software has to adapt to hooking d3d stuff, it's much easier to allways use injectors with less interoperability issues and i wish Boris would release these test versions in injector form as well, though the injector isn't as nice to the cpu as the wrapper so you better define a start system which first starts the injector without needing to first click "hide into tray" (maybe a commandline option like injector.exe -hidden) and then start skse or the game, though the problem the injector will stay active and keep on consuming cpu if the game is closed currently (you have to still manually exit it) ;)
Last edited by CruNcher on 23 Jul 2013, 16:59, edited 5 times in total.

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard