TES Skyrim 0.251

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.251

Tricky wrote:OK, I reinstalled SKYRIM and the water bug wasstill happening. Turns out it was an incorrect ini setting that caused it (and I think someone here already kind of gave me a hint in that direction - sorry for not paying attention). I reinstalled Skyrim for nothing, but it was probably good to do it again anyway. I've been fiddling with it way too much, now I know at least the installation is fresh.
Mod Organizer is your best friend when it comes to keeping your Skyrim folders clean ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Jafin16
I'm playing the games, preparing to gta5 modding and sometimes working on skyrim mod. Unfortunately i can't decide which methods to use for clouds and sick of thinking about that, have too many of them and all have good and bad sides. When i need to decide something and can't find ideal solution, it takes a lot of time, this is kind of my character (so now i just doing different things).

Tricky wrote:
Jafin16 wrote:Tricky
You need the enbhelper.dll installed for underwater effects to work. Do you have that installed in the enbseries folder? First thing I'd check before extracting things from the skyrim.bsa. (File path steam/steamapps/common/skyrim/enbseries)
)I'm at work right now, but I'm pretty sure I have this (I know of the file at least).. although now I'm starting to wonder if I installed it in \skyrim\ instead of \skyrim\enbseries

Hm, must check this out! Thanks! :)
If you wanna try a few more presets that are very good and not over the top designed for 0.251 try Serenity by prod80 or Natural Lighting and Atmospheric ENB by Confidence-Man.
These are both on my (short) list of ENB's I want to try out. Sadly I don't have enough time to try them all out, I simply move from one to the other if I find i have a problem with one of them and delete it from the list. Phinix is alright, but there are a couple things now I'm having a bit of trouble with. The object.. 'sharpness', outside, and that light issue I described. If I can't fix them today, I'll have to pick another from the list. Thanks for the tweak also, I might need it. :)
Mistveil.. Grim and Somber
On the list! :lol:
E ENB is noted for fantastic lighting and being a little in your face with the lighting, but it looks good and is probably the most frequently updated ENB I know of. Ewi65 updates it within a few hours of a new binary being released, and he has since April of last year.
Had to look it up again, but I remember now it didn't make the list. The colours just look.. wrong. Props to Ewi65 on being so dedicated though, I respect that.
Opethfeldt v7
I actually went through a lot of screenshots of that one last evening. It looks great, but a lot of textures seem a little too.. white? It has an almost arctic feel to it. While that probably suits Skyrim best, I didn't add it to the list. I may reconsider though.
Regarding the light "tick" do you mean that some lights just inexplicably seem to go dark when standing in a certain place near them, but then move and they go back, but then moving back turns them off again? If so, that's ELFX and not ENB.
The tick is maybe better explained as an HDR-ish effect that just doesn't work smooth at all. It's as though the brightness just jumps up a little, without going through some kind of analogue / smooth gradient. It's definitely not ELFX that's causing it though.. I've used ELFX since I first started playing Skyrim, about a month ago.
Btw, with any of these ENB's, unless they explicitly say in the description that ELFX-Enhancer.esp should be used, don't use it. Instead opt for nothing or use ELE interiors. The enhancer was designed for vanilla. ELE is designed for ENB. And if you want darker dungeons, use Dark Dungeons for ENB. I realize that mod hasn't gotten a lot of notice in recent months, but it's still great. Just don't use any mods that remove ambient interior fog or it won't work, as it's based on those fog levels.
As it happens I like my dungeons very dark, so I'm alright if it's not perfectly compatible, like with Phinix. But it isn't the main reason why I use ElfX. The last five or so games Bethsoft has made suffer from a problem that kills the atmosphere in nearly all indoor areas: source-less light. Correcting this goes beyond just changing a global value, it requires editing of every indoor cell in the game. I've used mods or tweaks to correct this for every Bethsoft game since Morrowind or so, Skyrim turned out to be no different. AFAIK, ELFX is the only light mod that actually fixes all light sources individually. I couldn't play the game without it, so it's the first requirement to any ENB I use.

A good thing to note about ElfX in regard to compatebility is that you can install different levels of darkness. Three for dungeons and houses, and something like 8 for outdoors. Before I started using ENBs I used the darkest presets it had, but after using Unreal Cinematic I switched to lighter ElfX presets. I haven't had to change it since.
Anyways, this is longer than I intended but I hope I gave you some options and helped with any remaining queries. Cheers and happy gaming! :)
Not a problem, I'm glad to be able to talk about it in-depth with someone. You've been a great help! :D

As Jafin said, for me at moment it's Serenity all the way. If interiors might be a bit too dark for you, well, therefore you have ambient and pointlighting settings for interior day/night. If you like more halo or brightness of light sources itself, adjust particle lighting settings.

Your SFO flowers and tundra grass is way too saturated and colorful ? get Serenity ENB.

Concerned about the .esp flood of mod files and patch files that comes with using CoT? Get Serenity and use vanilla weather system. Complexity for weather is nice, being able to allocate slots and performance loss caused by the bunch of CoT mods and patch mods into other stuff is priceless.

hmmm, and I will have a look myself on the Skyrim Relighting mod Jafin told about.
16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 G.Skill
Samsung 840 Evo 1 TB SSD
Asus PB278Q 27'' 2560x1440

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Don't use Relighting Skyrim with Serenity. Serenity is built around ELFX and ELE interiors so using something else will look odd. Relighting Skyrim is best for those ENB's that are based on vanilla lighting but makes the light sources act appropriately. ELFX does a lot more than just fix light sources. All sorts of additional lighting effects are included with ELFX and it changes the colors of lights, the radii, etc. etc. etc. Relighting Skyrim is a huge improvement over vanilla lighting though, no question. It's all a trick of balancing the right lighting mods with the right ENBs. I've done a lot of experimenting so I've got a pretty good handle on it, but it just takes time :)

Jafin16 wrote:Don't use Relighting Skyrim with Serenity. Serenity is built around ELFX and ELE interiors so using something else will look odd. Relighting Skyrim is best for those ENB's that are based on vanilla lighting but makes the light sources act appropriately. ELFX does a lot more than just fix light sources. All sorts of additional lighting effects are included with ELFX and it changes the colors of lights, the radii, etc. etc. etc. Relighting Skyrim is a huge improvement over vanilla lighting though, no question. It's all a trick of balancing the right lighting mods with the right ENBs. I've done a lot of experimenting so I've got a pretty good handle on it, but it just takes time :)
I didn't know that lightmod at all (I know ELFX, RLO, the older and for a long time not updated ULO) so I just wanted have a look at it. Yep, alone from the screenshots it's pretty different. The orange from ELFX is missing totally, the lighting is much whiter and clearer, more vanilla. As I like the orange glow and the focusing onto actual light sources (RLO has far more ambient light), ELFX seems still be my favorite.
16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 G.Skill
Samsung 840 Evo 1 TB SSD
Asus PB278Q 27'' 2560x1440

*master*

Tuoni wrote:
Tricky wrote:OK, I reinstalled SKYRIM and the water bug wasstill happening. Turns out it was an incorrect ini setting that caused it (and I think someone here already kind of gave me a hint in that direction - sorry for not paying attention). I reinstalled Skyrim for nothing, but it was probably good to do it again anyway. I've been fiddling with it way too much, now I know at least the installation is fresh.
Mod Organizer is your best friend when it comes to keeping your Skyrim folders clean ;)
Thanks, a lesson learned. ;)
Sigurd44 wrote: As Jafin said, for me at moment it's Serenity all the way. If interiors might be a bit too dark for you, well, therefore you have ambient and pointlighting settings for interior day/night. If you like more halo or brightness of light sources itself, adjust particle lighting settings.

Your SFO flowers and tundra grass is way too saturated and colorful ? get Serenity ENB.

Concerned about the .esp flood of mod files and patch files that comes with using CoT? Get Serenity and use vanilla weather system. Complexity for weather is nice, being able to allocate slots and performance loss caused by the bunch of CoT mods and patch mods into other stuff is priceless.

hmmm, and I will have a look myself on the Skyrim Relighting mod Jafin told about.
I decided to go for Serenity too. It's a drop dead gorgeous ENB, although it chews up my Gainward Geforce 770 and spits it out like it's nothing. :lol: I might have to get into tweaking it a bit. I didn't find the interiors too dark by the way. The houses were fine, but Helgen Keep seemed a just a tiny little bit too light in places. Nights too. Thanks for the tips regarding ambient point lightning for interiors, I will put them to good use.

About the loss of CoT.. I had to bite my tongue there, but I was able to part with it in favour of Serenity. Of all the ENB's I have tried, this one definitely meshes best with ElfX interiors and at the end of the day I think I favour good, moody interior lightening over having a couple extra weather settings.

I did notice two.. very odd things. First of all, some radioactive mist banks:
http://i.imgur.com/lCNblCf.jpg

I also kept seeing this weird overlay, constantly:
http://i.imgur.com/LQdYLzt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9LWN6bP.jpg

Any idea what might be causing those? I've got pretty much a fresh installation of everything.

Tricky,
you are using a unmodifyd ENB setting then. You have to use pre defined settings to get rid of this ;)
For example *advertising* Vividian ENB *advertising* :D

*master*

Er.. but I followed the installation instructions that came with Serenity?

Is the ENB I used too advanced for Serenity perhaps? The installation instructions told me to download the latest from the enb site.

Tricky wrote:Er.. but I followed the installation instructions that came with Serenity?

Is the ENB I used too advanced for Serenity perhaps? The installation instructions told me to download the latest from the enb site.
Serenity uses v.251, no problem here.
What you're seeing is the default lens texture supplied with ENB, Serenity also has it included but the lens setting is off. Check enbseries.ini, you should find a line with EnableLens=false.
If it's true (EnableLens=true) you either modified it using the ingame GUI, or you didn't install Serenity correctly.

*master*

Hmm.. I suspect it is the latter case, so I better reinstall and take it from the top. Thanks for bringing my attention to it. :!: