TES Skyrim 0.119

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.119

Hi all,

I just have a quick question about .119 ENB. Right now I don't have the time to go through setting all the indoor settings. I plan on doing this over the coming weeks. If I set the interior settings to the same as my night settings will this make it look the same as before? I just want to make a .119 version that looks the same because in my readme it tells the user to download the .117 ENB from Boris website, but the .117 download is no longer available. So basically, I'm just making a .119 compatible version for quickness, and will tweak it later.

Thanks in advance!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Mindflux;

Yeah saves some time altering all the imagespaces ;)

Yeah found it :) I have them both set at 1.5 for the time being ( was 3.1, 1.5 earlier :| ). Will see of it affects the dungeon now. with that changed and the added coding to PP2 with interior commands.

Ah that explains the Helgen keep interior behaviour, thx for the info will look into that aswell :)

@IndigoNeko;

Nice Parallax mapping :)

@WoodManGamer;

They will be the same as before, atleast that's what I have experienced. Otherwise it's a very small change from before 0.119.

Thanks JawZ, I thought this would be the case, just wanted to make double sure :lol:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

IndigoNeko
Screenshots looks promising, never saw any technique which restore curvy tangent without having it. If this work without any precomputation for geometry and without limits to angles about 90 degrees, then fine.

WoodManGamer
Will be the same, but not in customized enbeffect.fx shader, if you have one (mine do not use ENightDayFactor, so no problem).

*master*

Hey again, testing out the .119 and was wondering what CloudsEdgeClamp and CloudsEdgeIntensity do? I messed around with them but found no difference in the result.

MoonIntensity=0.75
MoonCurve=1.5
MoonDesaturation=0.2
CloudsEdgeClamp=0.5
CloudsEdgeIntensity=8.0

--JawZ-- wrote:Nice Parallax mapping :)
Thank you.
ENBSeries wrote:IndigoNekoScreenshots looks promising, never saw any technique which restore curvy tangent without having it. If this work without any precomputation for geometry and without limits to angles about 90 degrees, then fine.
It requires no precomputation. The lighting and parallax can be generated without any surface normals (just vertex coordinates and texture coordinates), but it makes the surface look flat-shaded.

http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~tichen ... _POM_1.jpg

This is an example of rendering a torus (64 subdivisions radially, 32 subdivisions axially) without any surface normal information at all. If you look closely, you can see that it is flat-shaded, because there isn't any surface normal to interpolate across the surface. There are some minor artifacts when polygon angles are very close to 90 degrees, but they disappear with super-sampled anti-aliasing. If you look closely at the left-most side of the torus, you can see some of the artifacts near the edge, where it looks jagged.

Once I have published my master's thesis, I will post a paper that explains in detail how it is done. If you're interested, I can send you a copy or post a link to it on your forums. I've written everything in GLSL, but it should be trivial to implement it in HLSL when you understand how it's done.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DaemonWhite, the settings add a fake light scattering effect to clouds. You need to have the sun behind the clouds to see the effect, lower the sunray intensity temporarily if need to. Basically intensity controls the strength of the light scrattering and edge clamp sets how the alpha channel of the clouds is used to alter the effect. Test with high values and thin clouds to see the difference.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

IndigoNeko
If you don't use vertex normal to correct errors of flat triangles, then it's not interesting for developers. Nobody will do two types of parallax, one for curvy surfaces with tangents and another for planar, such separation increase development time a lot.

scar

This has to be one of the biggest steps forward in ENB for Skyrim. The shared Exterior/Interior settings was always such a massive problem, you could never find a preset that was "right" unless you made a sacrifice for "slightly brighter nights" or "too dark taverns/stores" etc. The new interior settings will be a boon for ENB enthusiasts. I just downloaded it, and already have a really amazing preset.

Thanks for the great update.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Did anyone also made this Engine Experience ?

Sometimes loading a Savegame CTDs immediately after load you can try it over and over again it will CTD over and over, though if you load another Savegame and that works and then you load that Savegame that CTD before it suddenly works and doesn't CTD anymore for that session, very funny stuff :D

Not sure but i guess it has something todo with a esp (in this case review studio) loaded @ the CTD savegame that was left in the Game that had it loaded :P
This Savegame stuff is the most complex i yet saw in any Game before combined with mods and data leftovers geez what a horror it must be for Bethesda to manage this complexity and the logic behind it, the Guys/Girls who code this part of the System really need an Award :D

Slowly i understand they can never leave this Engine to ID tech 5 trying to port all this very unique Logic System over would be quiet a undergoing i guess :D

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard