TES Skyrim SE 0.330

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.330

ENBSeries wrote:Strange, people in Steam tell different opinion about Skyrim VR, positive and negative both by same things. Nobody mentioned modding of it, so guess those people dont bother about such things.
check this
https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimvr/

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Game have parameter in options "Snow shader", anybody could explain what is it, how to see it? Because from the renderer code it is not what it named.

It changes lighting of snowy materials and adds sparkly effects. Can look good with some mods, doesn't with others.

These will toggle it off in the SkyrimPrefs.ini for comparison:

bToggleSparkles=0
bEnableImprovedSnow=0
bEnableProjecteUVDiffuseNormals=1

edit:

These can be used in an .ini inside data folder to change its parameters,

From Majestic Mountains mod:

[Display]
fSnowRimLightIntensity=-1.0
fSnowSSSColorB=2.2
fSnowSSSColorG=1.9
fSnowSSSColorR=1.0
iSnowSSSCurrentColor=3
fSnowGeometrySpecPower=-1.0000
fSnowNormalSpecPower=-1.0000
fSparklesDensity=0.7
fSparklesSize=14
fSparklesIntensity=0.2

From the Aequinocium weather mod:

[Display]
;Snow Shader
fSnowRimLightIntensity=0.1
fSnowSSSColorB=0.0800
fSnowSSSColorG=0.0000
fSnowSSSColorR=0.0000
iSnowSSSCurrentColor=2
fSnowGeometrySpecPower=0.1
fSnowNormalSpecPower=0.4
fSparklesDensity=0.8000
fSparklesIntensity=1.0000
fSparklesSize=12.0000
fSparklesMaxDistance=2000

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks. Seems B*da forgot some other thing and wasting performance when this parameter enabled, if i got it right. Will see if its true and can be disabled with no issues.

FYI, I think most mods that work with snow recommend turning the "improved snow shader" off. Having it on didn't do anything positive for me.

*master*

skysan4298 wrote:I tried the PSVR on my GTX 1070 FE for both the "mono" mode (a big theater screen) and the 3d VR mode, and I didn't like the low resolution in the 3d VR mode. The 3d VR mode requires a huge performance GPU/CPU to produce 720p or above with 45fps or more. Each eye will need to receive more than 45fps to prevent puking your lunch, so the VR game ends up producing 540p or less to maintain the high fps. The "mono" mode can produce the "screen door" effect since the tiny pixels are magnified and less than a few inches away from your eyes. I heard about a 4K VR headset to give each eyes 1080p, but I heard a couple of GTX 1080Ti SLI to produce 45 to 60fps 4K 3d. A novelty item I think, and the GPU will need to be advanced enough to produce 4K 3d 60fps.
You are using vorpX or some other injector that redirects the game's output to a headset; no proper VR game has a "theatre" mode. That is not the same at all. The whole point of VR is that you exist to some extent in the game world. Your hands grab objects and throw them around, not some cursor. Your character is your headset and controllers. You swing melee weapons physically, aim your guns with the sights to your eyes, and nock and draw your bow with your own two hands. Playing a regular game in VR can not replicate these concepts.

Moreover, vorpX feels very shoddy to use. It ran obscenely poorly when I tried it, and it's supposed to be the better one of the 2D-to-VR wrappers too. Because I've tried it, I can say that there is a big performance gap between a game running natively in VR and a game wrapped into it. Fallout 4 was unplayable in vorpX, but the VR version runs perfectly smooth. Skyrim VR runs smoothly as well. Also, there is some data passed from the games to the VR APIs that allows them to interpolate and account for lost/low frames better. I wasn't able to get it running with Skyrim SE, ENB or without, so it's also a poor case in that regard as well.

Hi!

SSAO makes the grass very dark at distance, any chance for a fix on that? I tried all kinds of settings to reduce the issue. Screenshot comparison: https://imgur.com/a/kSBCe
Settings

Code: Select all

[SSAO_SSIL]
UseIndirectLighting=false
UseComplexAmbientOcclusion=false
EnableComplexFilter=true
FilterBluriness=1
ResolutionScale=0.75
SourceTexturesScale=0.75
SamplingQuality=2
SamplingRange=0.3
AOIntensity=0.55
AOIntensityInterior=0.8
AOAmount=1.0
AOAmountInterior=1.0
ILAmount=1.0
ILAmountInterior=1.0
AOMixingType=3
AOMixingTypeInterior=3
On another note, I noticed [Object] doesn't have specularity settings, only subsurface. If possible, can we have the option to control specularity on characters? The specularity options in [Object] from Oldrim ENB helped when I wanted to make the terrain more wet without overdoing it on characters.

Best regards,
Arindel

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Chavolatra
I dont like such remasters, they may be sold well, but people do not play that much as original game, so i will not have many people who willl use mod. Another problem, dx11 modding is harder than dx9, i cant make mod fast enough and this game is not long living like Fallout or Skyrim. At last, i have some other mods to do now. Most of these applied to DS3 as well.

Arindel
Are you sure that pressed "save" and then "apply" buttons? For me it looks like clouds trns to buggy because internal shaders not recompiled. About other request, i'll check it (dont remember why didnt made).

ENBSeries wrote: Arindel
Are you sure that pressed "save" and then "apply" buttons? For me it looks like clouds trns to buggy because internal shaders not recompiled. About other request, i'll check it (dont remember why didnt made).
Yes, I always Save and Apply whenever I do changes. Not sure what you mean about clouds, Clouds shadows feature is disabled, but the grass is darkened at distance by SSAO and looks normal when I disable SSAO. I forgot to mention that I disabled the Ambient occlusion from game launcher.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Is that happen in certain place of the map or type of grass? Or doesnt matter? Some grass in game dont have normals, so must be buggy, but at every distance.