TES Skyrim 0.112 KAGE

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.112 KAGE

Vond wrote:
CruNcher wrote:
SubSneer wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:SubSneer
This mean that not all shaders for parallax were found by me and fixed, i need savegame to that area.
Sry. Looks like that was mod`s problem. I started preparing save file for you and decided turn off all mods to be sure my file would be compatible with your version of game. After I turned off all mods I found out there was no problem any more. Then I began turn mods one by one and got the reason:

More Dynamic Shadows and Striping Fixed - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8262

So this info could help other people.
If u r using More Dynamic Shadow there could be problems.

Btw I didnt say but performance in KAGE is just greate.
I play with 4 folowers and now all my cobmat going super smooth no matter indoor or outdoor.
I still cant use HDtexture but this is problem of my hardware. Once again, thnx for you work.

I would say if this is the only issue of MDS i would greatly accept that compared to the Shadow Stripes on Actors faces :(
You can get rid of the shadow stripes using the Shadow Striping Fix ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8043 )that ONLY fixes that instead, and that doesn't have 1500+ deleted records from Skyrim.esm that makes it incompatible with shitloads of mods like MDS does. MDS has tons of issues sadly. Personally I stopped using either since Boris uploaded his improved shadows as it included shadow striping fixes as far as I've been able to tell thus far.
Unfortunately that fix isn't enough it fixes only 1 specific place by setting the lights different, and yeah MDS seems to replace every of these lights so that dynamic lightning sets in everywhere. Previous versions of ENB didn't fixed this issue where these lights are in place, didn't tried the current yet :(
Though this is the most heaviest issue i experienced in Rendering yet viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17&p=6664
Anyways i try to hold the mod count very low and only pick mods that meet my quality reqirements as there are a lot of similar mods overflowing the nexus i pick very carefully, and the Engines (Games) plugin system is a very complex beast where you can get a lot of surprises from (especially in combination with the save state system), so i especially look @ those mods where the autors coming from Morrowind,Oblivion and Fallout and have Engine experience, or know what a normalmap,bumpmap,mipmap, lod ect (technical moders) is ;). The artistic side of things is a little different but still some things also apply here. You would be surprised what gems are on the nexus but have a very low rating ;)
Also ENB mods are currently start to explode in the end we will have trillion of presets ;)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

CruNcher wrote:[/b]
so i especially look @ those mods where the autors coming from Morrowind,Oblivion and Fallout and have Engine experience, or know what a normalmap,bumpmap,mipmap, lod ect (technical moders) is ;). The artistic side of things is a little different but still some things also apply here. You would be surprised what gems are on the nexus but have a very low rating ;)
Also ENB mods are currently start to explode in the end we will have trillion of presets ;)
Yeah I try to do the same, as they usually atleast have a basic idea about modding for Skyrim as it's pretty different from other non-bethesda game. I actually even explained to author of MDS long ago what he was doing that was causing a lot of people to crash using his mod, but he didn't want to listen and continued adding on doing the same mistake in every release since.

Also not sure where you got the idea that shadow striping fix only fixes the issue in 1 area, as simply opening up the esp will show that it in atleast 12 different cells, iirc in all places where the bug would happen. Anyway this is very offtopic! :D

Dombl

I seem to be having a bug with at least this version of ENB, though I think it's been around the last few versions I have tried.
I recently tried a preset made to match the original game as much as possible, and the bug became more apparent due to the general lack of other differences.

For some reason the reflections on objects appear wrong most of the time, except occasionally when looking in specific directions.
The directions don't seem to be fixed, but rather relative to something in the environment, but I have yet to figure out what.

I have put together a couple of images illustrating the problem:
Looking slightly to the right: Reflections match original game.

Looking slightly to the left: Reflections get the wrong light direction or something. There is still reflection, but it is hard to see.

Ustengrav had very obvious reflections, so it was a good place to test, but the bug seems to appear all over.
It might actually be rarer to find places where the reflections look right.
(Link removed since file served its purpose and was no longer needed)
I am running a Radeon HD 6950, and have tried various settings (Forgot to check if ForceFakeVideocard affects this), but the bug seems to persist whenever ENB is running.
I have also tried temporarily clearing out my data folder from non-Bethesda files, so it shouldn't be related to some mesh or texture edit.
Last edited by Dombl on 06 Jun 2012, 06:56, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dombl
Savegame crash the game, so i don't know how to test. Will try to search for interior scenes, but i don't know anything in the game. Have you tried to turn off parallax bugfix parameter and restart the game? Is that help? Or turn useoriginalobjectsprocessing=true?

Dombl

Oh, damn, right, I knew I forgot to check something! I use uGridsToLoad=7, so that should be why the save crashes. So, just set it to that when loading the save, or I'll put together a new one.

Now that you mentioned it, I didn't restart when I tried some of the bugfix settings, so I'll give that a shot.

Edit: Yes, it looks like it is related to the Parallax fix, I am afraid. Well, hope the save file can be helpful in figuring out what is wrong, and thanks for pointing out what the problem was.
Now I can at least enjoy those delicious shadows, and keep tweaking at the other settings. It's hard being one of those people who actually like the general look of Skyrim from the beginning, heh.

Edit 2: Oh, and UseOriginalObjectsProcessing should already be true in that config, the guy that put it together just shuffled the settings around for some reason, so they aren't always where you expect them.

If I use the wrapper version, I can't get the game to start.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

uGridsToLoad=7 not help, still crashes. Anyway, i'll try to play in different locations, may be will find entrance somewhere.

pottman
Turn off third party software for videocard monitoring or tweaking.

ENBSeries wrote:uGridsToLoad=7 not help, still crashes. Anyway, i'll try to play in different locations, may be will find entrance somewhere.

pottman
Turn off third party software for videocard monitoring or tweaking.
Does MSI Afterburner count?

My 560 Ti can only run this on 8-15 FPS, so it's best to say I shouldn't use this.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dombl
Found location with the bug. But i don't know yet how to fix, it's case when fixing one game bug you have another.

pottman
On my Radeon HD6450 i have same fps, congratulations!