TES Skyrim 0.155

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.155

ENBSeries wrote:The rain textures created as alpha mask and normal separately in 3d studio max, don't think than in photoshop you can do normal maps for rain an easy, that's why that offset is so much visible (it should be visible, but not like that).
Would you post your 3ds file for me to look at? Looking at the example tga files, it looks like you have a gradient with an alpha mask, so that's how I created the files. That's probably my problem. I don't see a normal map though, though I can create normal maps via the dds plugin for ps. But I also have 3ds, so I can go either way.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Miguel
SLI/Crossfire users must find solutions themselves. Change sli config or disable it.

narphous
You can't create normal map for sphere refraction with any plugin from 2d image, it's only possible in 3d software. I'll not post file because it's dependent from plugins and i use very old version of 3dsmax. It's sphere first rendered as alpha mask to one image and the same sphere with backfaces moved far away and scaled a bit to fill empty space of image (this is not possible to generate in 2d, but required for mipmapping).

ENBSeries wrote:Miguel
SLI/Crossfire users must find solutions themselves. Change sli config or disable it.
Ok so I ran a test without SLI :

- first the game does not run anymore at 60 FPS (with SLI both cards ar used between 80 and 100% when ENB is enabled).
- second, I don't get the FPS and CPU/GPU drop when the Bilateral shadow filter is on when there is no dynamic shadow.

So, it's clearly something between SLI and the bilateral shadow filter when, and only when, there is no shadow to filter.

Is there a way to bypass this shadow filtering when there is no shadow (which is useless to use when there is no shadow to filter) ?
Or do I have to just disable this nice filter ?

I won't disable SLI just for that filter, everything else in ENB works very very well with SLI, the game is beautiful and runs smoothly.

ok guys i need some basic help here. I did tried to find some preset for 0.155, but so far not good. I have a radeon 5970 and i think there might be some problem relating to amd card. Any insight on that?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Miguel
SLI is a hack and nobody guarantee it work, so stop pointing on my code, it's annoying. Use different configuration/profile of SLI, that's all you can do.

Patken007
Presets are backward compatible, you don't need 0.155.

*sensei*

Miguel wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Miguel
Ok so I ran a test without SLI :

- first the game does not run anymore at 60 FPS (with SLI both cards ar used between 80 and 100% when ENB is enabled).
- second, I don't get the FPS and CPU/GPU drop when the Bilateral shadow filter is on when there is no dynamic shadow.

So, it's clearly something between SLI and the bilateral shadow filter when, and only when, there is no shadow to filter.

Is there a way to bypass this shadow filtering when there is no shadow (which is useless to use when there is no shadow to filter) ?
Or do I have to just disable this nice filter ?

I won't disable SLI just for that filter, everything else in ENB works very very well with SLI, the game is beautiful and runs smoothly.
I got SLI with two 680s GTX 4GB ver, keep in mind Nvidia been not that great with drivers the last couple years or so. Sometimes I need to "kickstart" SLI in some games including Skyrim, usualy do it by going to ingame menu "thats usualy kind a standstill and high fps" wait until fps max out then esc back to game. Most likely evrything is ok then. Also I only get 10fps drop @ interiors when parallax drop, usualy I dont notice that in games like Skyrim unless fps counter is showing^^ My Nvidia skyrim settings is pref_ performance - threaded opti on - v-sync off and no other changes. I rather eat the tiny drop and have nice soft edge shadows any day:) SLI and Crossfire always been to random, since game devs themselves have to optimize for it, while Nvidia and Ati adapted their drivers to that optimization. :>

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

To all with SLi issues. I've been Sli -ing for a long time with Skyrim. Not once has ENB posed an issue for me. But I can vouch that using SLi definitely helps with FPS when using ENB. Without ENB Sli is pratically useless in Skyrim, unless you play at hardcore resolutions. (Past 1080p)

I would experiment with drivers or like Boris said, figure out a configuration that is FPS friendly. I don't use all the settings / features of ENB simply because there are some that fit my config and others that don't. Be creative and figure out other solutions. Skyrimprefs.ini shadowing can really offer some great results when paired with ENB.

PM me if you want to get into details of SLi and ENB configs. I've done a bit of testing lately while making my ENB config.

*master*

Boris

I guess that's at least a starting point. A bit more documentation would be nice though. I know documentation sucks, but undocumented features suck more.

So anyone could give me a good suggestion for a good enbseries.ini that i could use with my amd card?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

narphous
This is how normal map model looks like:
Square is for bounding box area rendering and it's not drawed. Alpha mask is rendered before deformation of sphere.