Fallout New Vegas 0.156

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: Fallout New Vegas 0.156

@Boris

No, I know the lockpicking isn't just a .156 issue. I've had it since I first started using ENB for New Vegas, which was around .121 or something like that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Then it's "okay", i don't know how to keep exterior parameters for such moments and not to corrupt something else.

*sensei*

I've also noticed that waiting "glitch", too, but it's also been around since I first started using ENB. :)

*master*

Boris, an idea.

Shadows dimming based on sun's strenght. Is this something possible? In cloudy areas, shadows would almost disappear because of lack of sun.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not look good, because clouds are smaller than visible terrain and clouds are rendered from position of camera. Average clouds opacity probably...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Boris,

In order to help you with things like Night Eye, container 'blink' issue etc, what would you need for an FNV modder to do? Something similar as what is being done for the Skyrim version? I am trying to find an FNV modder to help you, and just want to better understand what kind of things would be helpful for you from FNV to help improve ENB?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

To fix night-eye i need to add variable to enbeffect.fx which will do interpolation between game post processing and customized by users. Data from such variable could be discrete of with fading (as fading i can do myself). Data passed to enbseries are 3d models rendered, so some unique object must be drawed, i'll detect it and remove from rendering. The simplest way: object rendered one or more times, then night eye is toggled on or off (but such method require saving of state in script). Better way: object drawed and some of it property like color is changed by script, for example red color channel is night-eye activation. With colors also possible to create a lot of commands, even if to ignore precision errors and values 0..255 remap to 0..63, two color channels red and green will keep 4096 commands and blue channel could be amount of "something" for each channel. I guess nvse exist or f3se, then it's totally different story, don't know what they are, but if they allow dll plugins, then communication between the mod and such plugin is unlimited.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Boris,

Ok, I'm trying to understand ... a lot of it goes 'over my head' as they say ;)

So one method is for a modder to add customized objects to EVERYWHERE in the game... then you can hide the object from rendering, but use its properties to determine whether night-eye is being used etc? Is this correct?

As for NVSE and FOSE, they both do exist, and they both support .dll plugins (installed in data/nvse/plugins). Here is a very popular NVSE mod that uses a .dll plugin:

New Vegas Stutter Remover

Perhaps you are able to look at the .dll and see how it is set up? Would you need a modder to create a .dll that sends variables to 'somewhere' that ENB can see them?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So one method is for a modder to add customized objects to EVERYWHERE in the game... then you can hide the object from rendering, but use its properties to determine whether night-eye is being used etc? Is this correct?
Yes, but not everywhere, the script must spawn object at certain condition, similar to helper mod for skyrim.
Perhaps you are able to look at the .dll and see how it is set up? Would you need a modder to create a .dll that sends variables to 'somewhere' that ENB can see them?
I don't really want to touch other code, i'm lazy. Anyone who can program can make plugin, but without real persons i won't even start. How do i know what is required? Night-eye only? Definetly i don't want to create hundred of functions to control every variable in every shader.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Boris,

Hmm, maybe I can ask the modder who is helping you for Skyrim :)

Otherwise, can you describe what are the conditions under which the opject should appear, and what properties it should have? I will see if I can find a friend who can do this...

With regard to:

"How do i know what is required? Night-eye only? "

Well... actually yes! Night-eye is the only time vanilla color-correction that matters in Fallout, because it affects gameplay. Maybe there are some other conditions in Skyrim, but for Fallout the only request I receive is a 'fix' for Night Eye. There may be some other color-correction effects added by mods, but I do not care about those.

I do not understand if it is difficult to create a .dll that works with NVSE... though here is a Wiki about NVSE functions if you decide you want to consider this option: http://sourceforge.net/p/nvseex/wiki/Home/