TES Skyrim 0.221

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.221

Phinix wrote:Tell Hilde to lay off the stem cells. It isn't fair she should get them while the rest of us have to age like normal!

What did SHE ever do for the world to deserve eternal youth?

:roll:
Seems to be a 'pirates of the caribbean' kinda deal.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yeah hehe in action ;)

Bad news for me it also happens with other NPCs there are actually 3 different light stages that affect this full shadow, facing shadow and non shadow :(

Created another test scene for this and back to the drawing board, tested to much on environment and skin rendering and totally forgot to cross check now it bites me heavily :(

Pretty unacceptable Character Rendering results in low light :(

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*sensei*

You know though what SSS is supposed to be, right?
Turn down that SSS if you character's faces are glowing in the shadows, there's no light to bounce beneath the skin, it's simply going to look stupid and wrong.
Most of the people here are using SSS the wrong way anyway.

*sensei*

I think seeing and not seeing "bump" is related to how Skyrim engine is handling bumps in the _msn.dds file in order to keep the fps performance up. Doing those wrinkles in vertices will cost GPU performance to render.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_mapping

Never knew how SSS can enhance the skin realism, and I don't think I can ever go back without the ENB's SSS feature. Here's on and off on CBBE and UNP, and SSS being on made the skin tone much life like.

I had to lower the Mix value by -0.05 to keep eyes not too bright like the vanilla Skyrim engine.

[SUBSURFACESCATTERING]
Quality=0
Radius=5.0
Amount=0.4
EpidermalAmount=6.0
SubdermalAmount=12.0
EpidermalDiffuseSaturation=0.0
SubdermalDiffuseSaturation=0.0
EpidermalMix=0.25
SubdermalMix=0.25
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I partly found the cause for this issue but im still not able to locate it 100%, way to much combinations possible not easy to spot the cause of this Normalmap low light killer it's though not the Ambient Light intensity itself which surprised me :(

I tried also to compensate this with IBL but that looks totally idiotic if the wrinkles get lighten up in blue

Maybe it's one of the Ambient Color Filter or a Mix based on the TOD :(

Enable MultipleWeather

It's neither Skylighting

@skysan4298
http://enbdev.com/enbseries/forum/viewt ... =50#p38346
kaffeekranz wrote:You know though what SSS is supposed to be, right?
Turn down that SSS if you character's faces are glowing in the shadows, there's no light to bounce beneath the skin, it's simply going to look stupid and wrong.
Most of the people here are using SSS the wrong way anyway.
yes i know, also it doesn't work anyway with the current SSS you wont be able to penetrate the skin and get a tissue shine through effect that wont work with it we need the correct SSS Map for that and intensities, currently it's just going to give you a more smoother skin appearance and if you overdo it it will glow up like you said and it will destroy the Normalmap under it.

Indeed the Ambient Color Filters or their TOD mixing seems to be the location of this Problem (colorspace clash with the model space normalmaps i guess)

Prefix with SSS applied need to check some more to see what other results are affected now :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CruNcher
I recommend to read technical articles how normal maps work, what they, etc, because what you say silly things, everything work as it should. Normals used only for lighting, in shadows only ambient lighting appear, which is not lighting at all, so everything look flat, in any game and the only solution against this are various effects which somehow transform ambient color to directional forms.

Like i see from screenshots, everyone set sss only to get colorful characters and under highly contrast conditions of light-dark nobody even capture screens. Well, i expected that, better not to bother with sss then.

*master*

Hi, I'm wondering if this is a known thing or if it's something on my end. I can't seem to adjust the effects seen in the image below. Setting the [FIRE], [PARTICLE], [LIGHT SPRITE], etc. to 0 intensity only reduces some of the effects like the fire in my hand. This is with no mods and clean .ini files except for bFloatPointRenderTarget=1. I tried installing the Mindflux particle patch but it doesn't change it. Maybe I am missing something obvious? Thanks for any advice.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
What sort of screens do you want or tests? Tell us and we'll give you them. Giving us a new tool and then just letting us go at it is going to end up with us doing the easiest and most obvious use for it and we go "Oooo! Shiny!" like a chimpanzee with a screwdriver (hey, I can break nuts with this!) Give us a little direction in other ways we can use it and we'll test those out. Do you want test results in bright light, dark light, day/night, interior/exterior, etc.? I've been sitting back because I'm not sure where else I can go with it. Obviously CruNcher is working on skin textures, so that's where his focus is going to be, and if that's all we're seeing, that's all we're going to look for. We're not all programmers or professional QA analysts... most of us are just gamers who have found this wonderful tool called ENB by browsing the Nexus or something and ultimately just want to make our games pretty either for playing or just getting screenshots from. Give us your guidance! (please :D )

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

number6

What are you trying to alter exactly? And what ENB preset are you using? Your brief description and the image don't give us much to work with...

*master*

Forgot to mention that this is also with only the base ENB files from enbdev.com. I just lowered the above mentioned settings and point lighting to 0. Thanks. Sorry to bother if this has already been covered.