TES Skyrim 0.243

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.243

Thanks for explanation.

An idea: It would be possible to use volumetric rays with the moon ? One of the things that bothers me the most is the fact that even though the moon is red/pink, the sky and ground lighting isn't. I have made an screen in order to manage a fake moon illumination, using a pinkish tint in ambient lighting:

This is just a poor attempt just to make you understand what I'm talking about.
It would be possible use volumetric rays with the moon, so the moon really illuminates the sky and ground with its own color?
Cooler Master HAF-X Case
Windows 7 64b

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Volumetric rays do lit air, but not objects, also this effect only visible in real world at very specific fog conditions. I don't think that users will like red night like on mars just because moons are red. From performance side, i don't like idea to compute rays for each moon (sometimes two of them visible, so twice slower) and to use blurred rays because of big size of moon disk. Too much effort and nothing impressive.

*sensei*

Experimented with textures and that is not the problem.
Maybe its just an AMD thing, because i change nothing in my game or drivers. Just swap those 2 binary and i get the problem.
Though other AMD users do not report this.
Someone kill me.....

Other AMD users with RWT2 please check the wave intensities at 1.0 with a 236 binary and 243 binary. My driver is 13.12 whql.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DigitalPrinceX
Displacement code changed a lot, so i thought that may be some strange values from the water mod produce issue, for example negative wave amplitudes or when texture alpha is empty or 1 (in case if did mistake in cycle). But don't see anything wrong. Could you at least compare which amplitudes looks "the same" for 0.236 and 0.243 when filtering quality is set to extreme in 0.243?

*sensei*

Maegirom: An idea: It would be possible to use volumetric rays with the moon ? One of the things that bothers me the most is the fact that even though the moon is red/pink, the sky and ground lighting isn't. I have made an screen in order to manage a fake moon illumination, using a pinkish tint in ambient lighting:
The main reason for this not being the case is that the image spaces for night are not made to be that color.
To get the effect is as simple as altering the image space tint color, and amount until you get the desired effect.
Ofc. this will take some adjusting until you are happy, since the image space tint, will be much more noticeable on bright pixels then dark ones (Hence light source, spell effects etc. will all get affected much more). However as long as the tint color is for example a very greyish burgundy color then it will be much easier to use the ambient ENB color to get the effect you want, without coloring every light source too strongly.

Also even if vol rays where made for the nights, you would need to go fix fog values etc. for night times anyways, and in turn the image spaces to accommodate those changes.

*sensei*

Seems like for
0.243 wave amp 1.0 <= 0.241v4 wave amp 0.30
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DigitalPrinceX
Then it's not because of shader code i think, if it look the same when scaled. I didn't any changes to water height, so bugs (if they exist) only should looks like offsets, discrete biasing or cropping. I can make test versions, but after New Year.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Rays at night would never work as the direction of the light has no correlation at all with the position of the moon(s). They're just decorative.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Fixed invisible water specular when displacement enabled. Decreased delay when water cache enabled and memory manager also enabled (but it's still very slow when unsafe memory hack mode turned on).

Btw, one guy e-mailed me about bug with the sky, it look different too much for 0.241 and 0.243. Anyone have the same and can find which parameters and effects affect this?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Version updated, download again
Fixed invisible water specular when displacement enabled. Decreased delay when water cache enabled and memory manager also enabled (but it's still very slow when unsafe memory hack mode turned on).

Btw, one guy e-mailed me about bug with the sky, it look different too much for 0.241 and 0.243. Anyone have the same and can find which parameters and effects affect this?
Bug with the sky ?... What kind of bug ? Is it overall, or in specific conditions ? Weather mods ? I didn't notice anything wrong with the sky for a *long* time, whatever the binaries.
Thanx for latest fixes, Boris.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop