TES Skyrim 0.305

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.305

Neuba wrote:I think a big part of all people still playing skyrim do it because of ENB, because of you Boris.
Can only speak for myself, but that is true in my case. I basically treat Skyrim as a Elder Scrolls Sims game by now, focusing on getting the world and character to look as good as possible - and that wouldn't be possible w/o ENB. With ENB and a bunch of other mods (DynDOLOD, for example), it's still one of my favorite games when it comes to graphics. So, yes, thanks for making ENB in the first place and for still developing it.

dear Boris,i can understand your feelings but you're the main reason Skyrim after 5 years is currently
played.. without your mod the most of US had erased it from ssd after finished..
We're FEW? Well, i think we're an ELITE of pro player that after all these years are in trembling wait for your next Skyrim release.
Is that a reason sufficient for you to spend time or waste efforts in continuing increase stability & performance? Your answer....
Meanwhile no matter what you do i & us will continue follow you...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't need words of support. All i want is to see that i'm not wasting life for useless things. No users - no mod, there are lot of other things for me to do and which i ignore.

This might sound crazy but why not try going back to something like the source engine games like Left 4 Dead 2?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

1 Online games can't be modified safely
2 Source engine based and other old games not worth time, because users still play them not because of graphics. It's like releasing mod for Counter Strike, absolutely stupid idea.
Skyrim is just nice platform for those users who making their lovely characters (waifu?) and i tried to make them satisfied the most (loverslab on other side :lol: ).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

From a user point of view Skyrim is still pretty active as is ENB use.The page I manage still gets comments every day and I am on the imageshare daily as well and there are always new shots showcasing the game and ENB presets. Sure it isn't as busy as 2-3 years ago but considering the age it is very active. It was noted recently in the Nexus forums how different the Skyrim mod and image share is from most other games on Nexus - its high population and activity in particular.

Being more casual then most around here, when it comes to understanding and making presets, and working full time, I can say it takes me a long time to figure out settings and make updates. Nor do I want to waste anyone's time with testing stuff I don't fully understand. I do my best to download updates and try them out though. I didn't have time to even download the interior lighting changes but I was hoping to as I am starting work on a new preset to take advantage of all the things added lately. Just takes me a long time.

As for new features I am not qualified to judge in any way what demand or interest might be. I suspect many users just use what they are given as most are overwhelmed when trying to get into the guts of an ENB preset. So it is more dependent on preset authors to add them and then if users like them it becomes a hit. One thing I have noticed is that many of the preset authors who really know their stuff don't seem to be making them anymore although there are a few folks around with some obvious skill and talent still (I am not one of them - I just get by with tweaking and using code files provided by good folks like JawZ, Matso, Kingeric, and others).

Anyhow from someone who is pretty active in the Skyrim nexus community I know people are always hungry for new presets. But they are mainly consumers of things not creators and most are just not tech minded folks. The majority of my work on my nexus page is just customer support - and usually simple things.

*master*

ENBSeries
Boris, I won't have time to test the interior skylighting until this weekend, but I do want to help out and I'm eager to see if it's usable. I'm a little unclear on how best to provide the kind of technical shots you're looking for. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression you want to see it with interiors that don't use a lot of Ambient Lighting. But you also seem to want to avoid breaking compatibility with presets that already have decent interior setups. Personally, I don't mind redoing interiors to make use of this effect, but I want to make sure what is useful to you before I compile some test shots.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I guess Boris knows the popularity of Skyrim the best from looking at page views but I can only vouch for what wolfgrimdark said, Skyrim is still surprisingly popular game. I have a few mods up there on Nexus and every time I update them I get hundreds of downloads right away, and my mods are definitely not the most popular ones out there. There's also new new stuff coming out constantly. Come to think of it maybe the popularity of Skyrim should not be that surprising, there really is no alternative for Skyrim.

Mindflux and Sloth speak words of wisdom..

Lots of users are like me, who review and follow your development from the side lines rarely coming in to make a comment but netherless just as hungry for ENB and Skyrim..

I still think Skyrim is the best game/platform for ENB(even after all this time), it has the openness and versatility for near complete modification. The ability to fine tune and change almost if not everything is a marvelous example of sandbox gaming.

But its only the game it is today due to you Boris, and those gentlemen that provide us with the countless mods all to allow us mere mortal gamers to create and shape our game into our own world of imagination and fantasy.
RAM : 8GB DDR3 800MHz
Sound : HyperCloud 7.1
VR : Rift

Obsidian Weathers and Luminous ENB.
ENB 0.402

*sensei*

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.
I think you should do what you enjoy to do regardless of user activity, if you don't enjoy it then do something else. Unless it's work then i shut up.