Fallout 4 0.399

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: Fallout 4 0.399

Gotcha! I think this issue occurs in all places with water at night, selecting "Suny with Clouds variantion" and "Sunny with More Clouds" (rolling down the Clear weathers selection page). And the problem is not only in the water, but also in the fog , which cover the trees and grasses. This screenshot is in the extreme south of the map: https://i.imgur.com/4OSdl9e.png

PhoenixVivid ENB for SSE / Phoenix Cinematic ENB for Fallout 4
Imaginarium ENB for SSE / Insanity ENB for Skyrim LE
NCW ENB for Fallout 4 / Somber Phantasy ENB for SSE

My Nexus Page

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Standing in that place before even bother with water problem and see this shit after last update against buggy some water with sss enabled. Seriously? If you guys cant see this but pay attention to some nac, i have zero motivation to continue working on this game.

*master*

WOW!!! Thats weird. :shock: :shock: Dont remember seeing such thing here. I'll check again.....

EDIT: Tested here, in several combinations of SSS settings and different lighting conditions and didnt see it! :?

PhoenixVivid ENB for SSE / Phoenix Cinematic ENB for Fallout 4
Imaginarium ENB for SSE / Insanity ENB for Skyrim LE
NCW ENB for Fallout 4 / Somber Phantasy ENB for SSE

My Nexus Page

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Fixed bug with subsurface scattering which was introduced in previous update. Also changed it's code to make amount of sss from texture to be more visible.

About NAC weathers and water issue, not fixed. Looks like it happen because of stencil data corrupted and layers of water wrongly masked, but i don't touch stencil or depth, even do not modify position of water surface. Not know how to debug this issue, need time till some idea comes.

I thought I never noticed the SSS bug at night because I usually play in the daytime, but I have just tested it and it's perfectly fine here, no bug.

Strange... can it depend on the textures used? I use modded textures.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I have vanilla game and for testing increased a lot amount of sss. Anyway, it's fixed now

Hey, thanks for the update Boris, I forgot to report the new SSS bug on characters after reporting the water edge bug last time, yes, I did noticed the same bug as the picture you posted, it's more visible with some SSS combinations, but glad you fixed it very fast, thank you very much for the hard work.

About the NAC/NAC.X issue with water, here is what is causing complete black water:

You can see it in FO4Edit, in each weather type, there is a "Water Multiplier" RGB value for each time of the the day, NAC changed some of the values for particular time of the day of particular weather (Like Foggy) to 0,0,0(RGB), this causes water to become completely black like void, however turning off Water in ENB setting reverts water back to normal.

To fix this black water issue, there is a workaround to this without disabling Water in ENB, change any Water Multiplier RGB value in FO4Edit that has value of "0,0,0" to at least one of the value to "1,0,0" for example will revert water back to normal behaviour even with ENB Water enabled.

Perhaps, ENB needs a special case if the Water Multiplier RGB value is set to 0,0,0

Hope this helps.

YES! I have changed all the 0,0,0 values to 1,1,1 and that fixed the bug. Thank you very much! :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Version updated, download again
Fixed bug with black flickering water when NAC modification installed for some weathers.

NewVegasJoker
Thanks, that helped a lot to find issue (i do normalization, so from 0 it's get wrong result).