TES Skyrim 0.121 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.121 beta

kalicola
Ssao isn't yet finished and sky lighting too, ignore it.
I don't know about dxtory and fraps issues, having old fraps and it's fine. Don't really like an idea to buy each of that tool and turn on/off each d3d function to find which one is hooked wrong (issues are mostly because of same start code of function replaced twice or if address of function hard linked to constant value, then it's not fixable from my side).

As radeon also have performance boost (which is strange, as such cards from their tech docs do not have partial precision), i will do changes accordinly, but ColorPowDay/Night/Interior parameter will be computed with errors in about 3-5% at low levels of texture color, so result=pow(texturecolor, ColorPow); will be replaced with much faster math result=lerp(texturecolor, texturecolor*texturecolor, ColorPow); and max value to ColorPow will be 2.0

I installed the latest version of enb 0,121 beta and the sky all the day is light and white. I must reduce brightness inside the game display menu to play well but in the other hand with this setting dungeons are very very dark.....

r42

tested with radeon 5850 catalyst 12.6, cant confirm the boost - old and new dlls show me same 54 fps

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Diasgod wrote:I installed the latest version of enb 0,121 beta and the sky all the day is light and white. I must reduce brightness inside the game display menu to play well but in the other hand with this setting dungeons are very very dark.....
Did you have your Skyrim launcher to recognize the new binary once before launching ?
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

Not rly familiar with editing ENB apart from enabling and disabling things like DoF etc.

But which part of ENB controls the Gloss/Shine effect? Id like to reduce it in my current ENB.

Apart from that, is there some realtime configuration tool instead of messing around in the INI files directly?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Specular changes the glossy appearance on characters. If you want an configurator, go to the nexus and search for config. I am not sure how uptodate it is.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I think the configuration tool is called ENB Customizer.

I've done some further testing with 0.121, and apart from the noise in shadows and some triangulation, it seems like I also experience the bug with shadows where, if I'm standing in a shadow and turn around, the shadow (and only the shadow) gets considerably brighter when facing certain directions. It doesn't seem to be tied to adaptation or detailed shadows, both of which I had disabled for testing purposes. Boris, are you familiar with the issue, or do you need more thorough testing?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If that shadow issue appear when sky lighting enabled, then i know this problem, it's same with all versions of this effect, but i still trying to find compromise to fix that. If something else, i don't know.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Regarding new version which just now published, there are many changes to various effects shaders and most of them made by copy-paste of the code, this is huge problem of mine as developer, because making tons of mistakes, so report any of them. Many parameters "curve" and "pow" from enbseries.ini are converted to performance optimized math with some error amount, also limits are set to lower, maximal are 2.5, 4 and 8, depending from type of parameter (stars are 8 as they are too much dark and may require huge contrast ranges, this i remember).

*sensei*

The shadow bug me and mindflux talking about is related to ssao. I tested it.
Turn off ssao and you will see it disappears. Turn on ssao and increase AO amount to see the buggy effect get more intense.

In new dll, windows are buggy. They are red in interior all the time no matter what [WINDOWLIGHT] parameters. They are sometimes red and sometimes normal in exterior daytime. Windows are always red in exterior night time. I tried changing windowlight parameters but does not fix.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium