TES Skyrim SE 0.381

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.381

Anubis
It's different a bit to old skyrim. That direction is set from sun direction, so if you increase game time, can see moving. It's correct way, but looks wrong because caustics are not calculated in 3d, but just projection of water textures. If i do projection without angle shifting, then vertical sides in pools looks with lines. I don't know solution to this problem, except maybe decrease sun angle influence, cause i ignored refraction coefficient there.

Dragens
Thanks, but i can't fix anything unless bugs with one water above another will not be fixed in RW2. Water have issues which can't be fixed at all, just exchange one bug to another when using tessellation displacement. If i make it non buggy for vanilla water, then RW2 calm water near Solitude gonna be broken as on some screenshots in previous pages.

Sorry folks, had ddos on forum, instead of modding Pathologic 2 bothered with this shit. Now it's too late, people already played it and i can't release in right time, so most likely drop it. Thanks to those freaks, appreciate it, less headache for me to work.

*master*

wow senseless idiots :<

I found something else that I was wondering. Some meshes or textures in the worldspace have skylighting shining through.

the second one and the reason why I write this post is some meshes of a mod that are transparent with enb.

here is a screenshot its the mod "Undeath" in the Ravenscorn Spire in the lowest chamber.

here is a screenshot

with enb

and here without enb

is there any fix for it or have the mod authors did something wrong.

the first problem btw can be experienced in solitude with the mod dawn of skyrim

greetings!
Last edited by Dragens on 25 May 2019, 08:20, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Anubis
It's different a bit to old skyrim. That direction is set from sun direction, so if you increase game time, can see moving. It's correct way, but looks wrong because caustics are not calculated in 3d, but just projection of water textures. If i do projection without angle shifting, then vertical sides in pools looks with lines. I don't know solution to this problem, except maybe decrease sun angle influence, cause i ignored refraction coefficient there.
So, not possible to calculate in 3d in SSE ? If not, then decreasing sun angle influence seems like the next best thing.
(Or is it still possible to add refraction coefficient ?)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dragens
Reminds me old skyrim bugs of objects not drawed to depth at right time case marked as transparent. Ask Mindflux in particle patch topic and show him where those objects are located.

Anubis
I don't know any single pass algorithm which can compute caustics from 2d projection to 3d, it's same complexity task as global illumination, so almost all games have it as animated static texture. I can try invest more time to experimenting how to fake this, but it's so minor thing compared to days or even weeks could be spend to invent it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Anubis
I don't know any single pass algorithm which can compute caustics from 2d projection to 3d, it's same complexity task as global illumination, so almost all games have it as animated static texture. I can try invest more time to experimenting how to fake this, but it's so minor thing compared to days or even weeks could be spend to invent it.
Well, if at least something could be made, then it would be an improvement. :)

I feel like new effects would be a lot more beneficial than improving something that is not always visible. I don't think spending days/weeks on improving caustics is worth it...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Arindel wrote:I feel like new effects would be a lot more beneficial than improving something that is not always visible. I don't think spending days/weeks on improving caustics is worth it...
And what effects are "always visible" ? There is quite a lot of water in Skyrim.
It's the little details that make things perfect.
It's just my opinion, but the best course of action is always to perfect what is already present and then move on to the next target. Othervise there will be a huge number of things that work half way or have bugs.
Of course I agree that if something takes too much time to improve, then it's better to improve things that take less time, first.

Well, Mist and Sunrays effects from Oldrim for example. Those effects would be a game-changer for me for SkyrimSE. Not necessarily always-visible, but very prominent, since they can affect overall look heavily. As for caustics, I suppose I don't really see them a problem because I keep them on low values as high intensity caustics look unnatural to me.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Arindel wrote:Well, Mist and Sunrays effects from Oldrim for example. Those effects would be a game-changer for me for SkyrimSE. Not necessarily always-visible, but very prominent, since they can affect overall look heavily. As for caustics, I suppose I don't really see them a problem because I keep them on low values as high intensity caustics look unnatural to me.
I guess different people have different game-changer effects in their mind.
Higher intensity of caustics looks unnatural for the reason I asked about few posts ago. That's why I asked, because of how they look.

For now there are few possibilities for the similar effects like Sunrays and Mist:

There are two settings that can be used as approximate replacement for Sunrays: they are [VOLUMETRICRAYS] and [GAMEVOLUMETRICRAYS]

Mist-like effect can be achieved using combination of FogCurveMultiplier, FogColorCurve, FogAmountMultiplier and FogColorMultiplier under [ENVIRONMENT] (I know it's not exactly the same as Mist, but the result can be very similar. Especially when combined with few mods)

Hope this helps a bit.

Anubis wrote:
Arindel wrote:Well, Mist and Sunrays effects from Oldrim for example. Those effects would be a game-changer for me for SkyrimSE. Not necessarily always-visible, but very prominent, since they can affect overall look heavily. As for caustics, I suppose I don't really see them a problem because I keep them on low values as high intensity caustics look unnatural to me.
I guess different people have different game-changer effects in their mind.
Higher intensity of caustics looks unnatural for the reason I asked about few posts ago. That's why I asked, because of how they look.

In the mean time:

There are two settings that can be used as approximate replacement for Sunrays: they are [VOLUMETRICRAYS] and [GAMEVOLUMETRICRAYS]

Mist-like effect can be achieved using combination of FogCurveMultiplier, FogColorCurve, FogAmountMultiplier and FogColorMultiplier under [ENVIRONMENT] (I know it's not exactly the same as Mist, but the result can be very similar. Especially when combined with few mods)
The effects you mentioned aren't the same at all.
[VOLUMETRICRAYS] is not the kind of rays-through-trees that everyone likes, it's very different. [GAMEVOLUMETRICRAYS] is actually vanilla skyrim's godrays which are horrendous, makes everything hazy in a bad way for contrast and don't follow the sun as source.
You can't mimic Mist with the Fog parameters as Fog doesn't hide the sky and will always have that fundamental flaw. Mist can hide the sky if you are deep in it and also has height limits if I remember right. You could climb up mountains to get above the mist and see it. (Screenshot)

Anyway, those were examples.