TES Skyrim 0.279

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.279

Can anyone help me solve an issue with the framerate I am having with this version of ENBseries? I have an I5 4670k and gtx 980 Ti (issues persisted on my 770) and use windows 8. I can use version 264 just fine, and haven't updated beyond that to try other versions. The framerate does this until it CTDs. Half the video is me fiddling with the LOD bias but in the beginning you can see the FPS going wild until I limit it which tames it but far from fixes it. Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU4bUnuHTPw

*master*

@boris
have you tried disabling UEFI boot mode and use legacy instead?
for the network card, i would just buy a 5 bucks cheap network card that works good with xp, have two cards in pc, one for xp and one for win7. it is a workaround... but still better than how it is now.
usually HDD events shouldnt happen that often, but i know cases where windows update stuff just goes on for half an hour in the background sometimes, eating up cpu and whatnot. needs to finish one time, than should not come back after restart for a very long period.

about the drivers. i would really go directly to nvidia and hope they listen. best nvidia takes care of the memory dx9 problem of win8 and win10 than other second party drivers. i would like to believe that they care about that problem.
i would go as far as telling that guy Looky knows that if he would be so kind as to try to contact nvidia about the problem, because he is for sure the best person for the job and knows whats up and can directly tell nvidia technical details... that would help get the problem fixed.
but after all it is just a hope...

*sensei*

Having a strange glitch related to sunset/sunrise transition. At around peak sunset/sunrise, the game will fade to almost black. However, if you save and reload, everything looks normal. Happens only with ENB enabled:

After reload:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

benhat
Legacy mode is used already. Regarding ethernet card instead of integrated, i know that pci-ex devices affecting creative x-fi sound cards in bad way, may be this is not true with my mobo (x-fi is at pci slot, which use few pci-ex lines via separate "adapter" chip, so i have all chances to get issues with sound).

Phinix
Haven't seen this myself and have no idea at this moment what is that (except custom shaders which use time data, but how saving/loading may affect data???). Can this be simulated with only my official files and preset? If so, try to describe a little bit better and make tests which parameters produce darkness (may be it's day setting f.e.)

If anyone know the progress with available memory size limit for dx9 application on nvidia cards, let me know. I did post on nvidia forum just in case
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topi ... dx9-games/

*sensei*

ENBSeries wrote:Haven't seen this myself and have no idea at this moment what is that (except custom shaders which use time data, but how saving/loading may affect data???). Can this be simulated with only my official files and preset? If so, try to describe a little bit better and make tests which parameters produce darkness (may be it's day setting f.e.)
I believe I have located the cause. Custom shader was using tempF1 keyboard controlled variable for night/day interpolation, and I had been using the console to add books to my inventory and used PageUp and PageDown to scroll through the item ID results of the "help" command.

That explains why re-loading the game fixed it, as the tempF1 variable gets reset on re-initialization.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Phinix
Okay. Frequently i forget to remove temporal variables from shaders too.

Regarding nvidia limit of vram size. As expected, there is no activity at nvidia forums, except incompetent fanboys and cortana lovers. Any issues with ENBoost are ignored from this moment.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

If TransparencyAA did cost performance, even if disabled. Would it be possible to write a small programm, that deletes all non used effects/aa methods and their sections by a selection method?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I cannot make code which use only those effects and parameters, which are enabled. Too many variations of code and programming of such code with about zero chance to make changes without breaking something. There are uber shaders, but uber c++ is impossible that easy. Also it's not about effects running even when disabled, but precomputations required for them, like capturing depth, normals, capturing and analyzing shader variables.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ah ok, thank you.

*master*

@boris
thanks for trying at nvidia forums.

although i am happy how skyrim runs with windows 10. even with only 4gb it runs pretty smooth (with 4k textures all over the place). so i would not call it an issue anymore (considering the effort made). maybe we should be happy it even starts :)