TES Skyrim 0.305

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.305

How do I use the Ambient Occlusion Visualizer / see just the AO? Is there a setting I'm missing or an exe?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Press "apply changes" button after checkbox was enabled.

ENBSeries wrote:The problem is that there is no reaction from users after my updates
Your latest updates are mostly dealing with stability. This is a much more important aspect of modding and I've personally never used ENB for anything else than stability & performance.

However it is also much more difficult to immediately react to. I can immediately tell you that my FPS have increased when they do, but I can't tell you that you have fixed my CTDs until I spend a good deal in the game to make sure it is so.

Fixing the game may be thankless work, but it doesn't mean it's not an important one.

panos wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:The problem is that there is no reaction from users after my updates
Your latest updates are mostly dealing with stability. This is a much more important aspect of modding and I've personally never used ENB for anything else than stability & performance.

However it is also much more difficult to immediately react to. I can immediately tell you that my FPS have increased when they do, but I can't tell you that you have fixed my CTDs until I spend a good deal in the game to make sure it is so.

Fixing the game may be thankless work, but it doesn't mean it's not an important one.
indeed, most of us "simple users" reacted immediately to the (now unsafe) fixes you added in 0.303, which btw, I keep using without a problem so far and I'm thankful for that.

About interior's skylighting, I'd love to see that feature, more realistic lighting are always welcome. Interiors are not usually a big problem regarding fps, so a big performance impact could not represent a big fps drop (I hope?)

*master*

an idea: what about adding a few variables to weather ini files that can be used in enbeffect.fx. just like "EBloomAmount" is used to control weather depended bloom amount. just name them weathertemp1 etc.
applications could include weather depended tonemapping or shader settings overall in a very easy to use manner.
possibility to use it like / or instead of ImageSpaces but on the fly and for shaders.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't like the idea to mess with random variables in to multiple files which are same for all versions of the mod. Separate per weather setting for every shader may be, but nobody in this world will make any good use of them, because complexity is multiplied by weather parameters of environment and weather parameters of shaders. Weather system is not popular even with it current state. Quality is not complexity.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hey Boris,

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I got sick of dealing with Nexus users who can't use Google to fix problems and got burnt out on Skyrim awhile ago (why I still answer questions on my preset's comment page I don't know...) FO4 didn't seem worth the purchase and I haven't gotten to getting Dragon's Dogma yet, so I haven't had much to say. With that out of the way, I've been thinking about coming back to Skyrim soon... I have to rebuild a rather large modlist first, but that's besides the point. I'm super excited about playing with the color filters you've implemented.

The biggest weakness I'm aware of with my preset is interiors. This interior skylighting could be AMAZING! JawZ posted a couple images on flickr. It looks a little buggy yet, but the potential is huge! So, please! Keep working on this!

Also, I'd like to chime in and echo what Xilandro said. Most users are simply users. They download a preset and hope it works. Another few are preset authors who simply take another preset, tweak the enbseries a little and then say they made their own preset. An extreme minority actually make their own presets. And then there are the great preset authors or shader developers who all of us out here owe a great deal to. The extreme minority regularly post here. And some of those (myself in particular) just get burnt out after awhile. But then we come back after awhile. You probably know all of this already, but I'm just saying... we all love and appreciate what you put out there. A lot of users have no idea how much work goes into even the simplest of mods and don't care. Simply take and consume. But to get reactions to some things takes time. I haven't opened Skyrim in months. I'm only now thinking about it. And I guarantee, when I do open it up, I'll be back here in full force, making that Blah-blah-blah maniac under my name mean something. I'm not nearly as knowledgeable around here as a lot of people, but I can tell when something is working and not, and provide feedback. Just don't ask me to code... =P

EDIT: Boris, I just noticed the change to your signature. LOL. I'm INFP too and you saying that makes a lot of sense to me =P

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just don't help everybody if it's taking a toll :-) Every second guy is enough

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Today i've seen that some of latest nvidia driver causes hardware corruption. Just to warn those who don't know about such things and having fun upgrading drivers (which is silly anyway).

ENBSeries wrote:Today i've seen that some of latest nvidia driver causes hardware corruption. Just to warn those who don't know about such things and having fun upgrading drivers (which is silly anyway).
Yes, SMAA injector is currently broken with the latest drivers. I do not recommend updating to this driver version. Hopefully Nvidia fixes the issue in a future release.