TES Skyrim 0.244

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.244

Upcoming unfiltered ssao SizeScale=1.0

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

And THIS is unfiltered ? ! ? ! :shock: :shock:
Well, slept 3 hours only... I'll put it on the lack of sleep.... :)
Now I need some coffee.... :D
Crazy. Values are :shock:
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

This may be a bit random, but has anyone else noticed that Volumetric Rays can really wash out the bright blues in the sky so that they're essentially gone? I'm having trouble finding a good balance... I asked prod on his mod page on Nexus too, but I thought I'd get some input here too.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Consider it as an additional bloom, to simplify it at its max.
There are *many* ways to balance it, depending on what you exactly want to balance...
The bleach ? the bleeding ? the intensity ?....
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

@Jafin
Download the new preset and you'll have options in GUI to tweak it a bit by messing with colors (RGB balance and Bloom RGB for instance, next to all kind of saturations). Also, you can mess with curves and intensity of gradients. But if you use the ENB preset I provided you have to deal with the weather system - so its a per weather setup, on CoT, so that's a LOT of settings to tweak.

I can already pretty much tell you that it's not going to be blue-r than what it is now unless you take away bloom, which comes with its own set rebalance requirements. You can try to take out the Gaussian effect, which will remove 1 layer of bloom and doesn't have that much of a visual impact... but its a nice hazy effect making stuff look a bit magical.

But I don't see any problems why the sky on my end...
Clear
Cloudy

Make sure you have set it up right, some people forget to set in game brightness all the way down (its balance against that) and that might cause your washed out sky as well. Don't run windowed mode as that will place Gamma at default 1.0... only Full Screen mode is working properly.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ah, that's it then! I always play in windowed mode. I didn't realize it was balanced against in-game brightness being all the way down. I'll switch to full-screen mode and just never alt+tab (even 100% vanilla Skyrim doesn't like being alt+tabbed on my system, it never has.) Thanks! I feel like a n00b now =P

Btw, apparently my post didn't show up on your Nexus page... I haven't been able to post for about 3 days now... they need to figure that site out.

*sensei*

I already saw it on the screenies you uploaded that your Gamma was way off (they looked very washed) it's gonna look a hella lot better in full screen with the right gamma settings. Enjoy!

Might have to one day balance against default Skyrim Gamma, but damn I just don't like that setting at all... rather have it done by tweaking ENB settings :\

Yes Nexus has moved into server limbo

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok, I just loaded up my game and changed the gamma and it looks SO much better. All of the colors are just more... there. I really feel like a n00b and I need to get some new screenies to make up for my washed ones now! =P

I was really dreading maybe having to go through all of those weathers and editing the volumetric rays to my own taste... you mentioned not long ago that you have something like 310 .ini's right?

I'm VERY slowly working on my own preset (it won't be ready for months and I kinda just wanna play right now) and after it's more or less complete I'm gonna be adding per weather settings as well, but will be using vanilla weathers only I think, and even the 60+ there I'm already dreading.

Boris
Meant to mention it earlier but that got caught up in my own issues... that unfiltered SSAO looks stunning! :shock:

*sensei*

I use 62 ini's to manage all 506 weathers, the others are different settings for interior ambiance.

Best you group similar weathers into same ini files and use notepad++ for mass edits to global settings (like point light or any interior setting - given you keep interior settings across weather the same). Better port a lot of DNI settings to ENB GUI so users can easily adjust lighting via Pixel Shader instead of going through ENB GUI options per weather. Try keep simple in managing changes as otherwise you will spend the better part of your days (and nights) adjusting day cycle on each weather.

You can have a look at my weatherlist, so you can see the grouping that I done for CoT. Basically different settings for all clear weather and per cloudy weather and divided into Snow regions and non-Snow regions... as clear weather on tundra looks different than clear in snow (bloom differences, ambient light, etc). of course all Rain+Overcast, Fog, Snow and Blizzard types are separated into groups as well.

Oyama wrote:[SSAO_SSIL]
UseIndirectLighting=true
UseComplexIndirectLighting=true
UseComplexAmbientOcclusion=true
UseAmbientIndirectLighting=true
SamplingQuality=-1
SamplingPrecision=-1
SamplingRange=0.28
FadeFogRange=16.0
SizeScale=1.5
SourceTexturesScale=1.0
FilterQuality=-1
FilterType=0
AOAmount=0.83
AOAmountInterior=0.82
ILAmount=2.71
ILAmountInterior=2.69
AOMixingType=2
AOMixingTypeInterior=2
AOIntensity=0.78
AOIntensityInterior=0.80
AOType=0
UseOldType=false
EnableDenoiser=false
That's pretty heavy settings, thrice -1 settings :-) I will try them too for a while. May I ask what system your are running or better, is the system in your sig up to date?

I have a Titan SLI system and a heavily modded Skyrim and with prod's special Kountervibe ENB I am sometimes down to 23 fps in dense woods (ok, but in zoomed out 3rd person view, a follower around and really preformance heavy places like dense woods and moving around, not standing still).
16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 G.Skill
Samsung 840 Evo 1 TB SSD
Asus PB278Q 27'' 2560x1440