Dark Souls 2 v0257

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Dark Souls 2 v0257

Minxamo
Game produce artifacts when anisotropic filtering enabled by the mod (guess some mipmaps not filled with correct data or some shader use compressed textures of custom algorithm which do not support generic filtering), at which conditions this happen, i don't know, but lod bias is almost same kind of thing by affecting mipmaps.

CyberPunked
I can't use saved games from other players, can't figure out how to install, it's just ignored whatever i do, may be game have some player ID inside it.

Ou.
Uh, thanks for explanation. Another pain in the ass for debugging, great game, it's JUST F* HARD YOU KNOW! :lol:

Okay, i'll put infor about NT4 mode and ignore crash reports.

*master*

can someone check lost bastille for me, I've been trying to make it darker but it keeps on auto-adjusting the brightness to vanilla game levels, even with adaption turned off.

Am I missing something or is this level classed as daytime light levels?

Just registered to say thanks Boris.

Been using ENB on and off for a long time, but seen some massive improvements since I last used it on Skyrim.
Got a really wonderful setup working in DS2 - nice lens flares and quality bokeh DOF really add to this game.

Only issues I've come across are flickering AO in areas, and the occasional random crash, pretty much issues as others have reported. Otherwise very playable, and very lovely.

Keep up the awesome work mate.

Use this video to get to one of the areas that the AO flickering is still occuring (you've been there before but you got killed): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1z-eQcnLLo . But this time just stand at the doorway as you enter the area. Here's a video of the AO flickering at the doorway: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFkl7seF7To

My Flickr for all things flickry

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Another pain in the ass for debugging, great game, it's JUST F* HARD YOU KNOW!
Do my eyes deceive me? Are you saying you actually like the gameplay now? Great. Just think it's a modern take on Blade of Darkness and you're halfway towards enjoying it, I guess.

Furthermore I wanted to reiterate that people that have crashes should try windowed mode. Dark Souls seems to dig windowed mode.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

midhras wrote:
ENBSeries wrote:Another pain in the ass for debugging, great game, it's JUST F* HARD YOU KNOW!
Furthermore I wanted to reiterate that people that have crashes should try windowed mode. Dark Souls seems to dig windowed mode.
Oh, really? Going to try that, I've been having problems running games in windowed mode after the most recent GeForce drivers though. Do you run in NT4 comp mode as well?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Nope, just as administrator. Also, I never ever install games anywhere near an OS folder. That has been an issue more times than I'd expected. I run the game in a window and then use SRWE to remove the borders and reposition it. Also, when I want a shot in a different resolution or aspect ratio, SRWE does the trick nicely.

Midhrastic WIP ENB for Fallout
More current and archived shots on my Flickr. Selected shots via Flickrock or Fluidr.

midhras wrote:
Do my eyes deceive me? Are you saying you actually like the gameplay now? Great. Just think it's a modern take on Blade of Darkness and you're halfway towards enjoying it, I guess.
Oh my god. I just now noticed that. We have made it, Cap'n!

All jokes aside, Would love to play continue testing with the ENB but... I started testing GeDoSaTo separately and somehow managed to screw up my installation. I keep CTD'ing each time I load now. So there's that.

Still! Glad this is working out slowly but surely.

*master*

AO Flickering seems to be attached to screen brightness? Probably the wrong way of saying it, but as an example, the AO will flicker when I shoot an arrow and the collision particles come out. Most of the time this happens if the AO has flickered off before firing the arrow (AO is on in ENB, but screen does not show AO in the environment).

No crashes or VAC bans yet, so whoo!

*master*

Sorry for being a noob but what could cause this brightness/dimming if adaption is turned off?

http://youtu.be/lU2kfYhfUcE