TES Skyrim 0.305

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.305

ENBSeries wrote:Offtopic please keep me informed about new games which may need modding, i'm missing everything.
Hitman maybe? Doesn't have much modding support, doesn't interest me at all. Mafia 3, Need For Speed 2015

Offtopic
Can you give me an overview of how your Skylighting works? I'm still working in Unity and experimenting with a few ideas, its built-in ambient calculations are too damn basic...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Skylighting is one of approximations of ambient occlusion, i don't recommend to waste time on it, because faster and better by quality would be to use other algorithms (making own game have no limits). Check Crytek article about height based ao, it looks very similar, but because of static precomputation is much faster
http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDO ... +Occlusion

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Offtopic Hmmm... it's hard to say as a lot of games these days really do look pretty good OR they're online only and may have issues with anything hooking in to the game process. One game that comes to mind as a possibility is Life is Strange. It's an interesting game but the graphics are rather primitive for a game that was released last year. It's Unreal Engine 3 (I think 3?) game and I know you've had issues with those in the past. One upcoming game that's in beta right now that might really benefit is Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It already looks great (CryEngine) but Mindflux has put a few images with little tweaks in ReShade up on Flickr and it looks AMAZING. I'd be curious to see what ENB could add. Deus Ex:Mankind divided is coming and I'm not sure how that'll be, but your work with Human Revolution is fantastic. I still have dreams you'll try your hand at Witcher 3 but I realize there are huge complications with that so I'll not hold my breath. Other suggestions are maybe the 2 newest Tomb Raider games, especially the 2013 reboot? Compared to the newest one it's starting to show its age and I know they did a new release for the consoles that has some new features that didn't make it to PC. No idea how hard that would be.

Lately, I've been enjoying the great old Baldur's Gate of almost 20 years ago so I'm a little out of touch with the very latest releases ;)

*sensei*

Almost 99% of fresh and upcoming releases are not worth long term modding at all. Because all these new games are pure bullshit that won't keep players for more than few weeks.

Off topic
I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere, but the biggest release of a moddable game since FO4 is XCOM 2. It's 100% moddable, right down to the game code (supposedly). Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (old game) also has Steam Workshop support now. I'm not sure if it's moddable outside of that.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Mostly ditto for what what Xilandro said.

Of course nothing beats Skyrim I guess but it's really hard to come up with even one game that could have at least some potential for a large player-base in long-term.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

It's not about long living games, but upcoming soon or just released. Take for example Dragon's Dogma, it's wasn't advertised for PC as much as f.e. Rise Of Lara Croft and i haven't missed the game just because waited for it several months. These days between 10 indie games per day, dlc for episode #6, some old console games could be released which really worth modding.

What must be enabled for the ENB GUI to work? I was under the impression it worked regardless, but it is not working for me at the moment. I'm only running with ENBoost. Here's my enblocal.ini

Code: Select all

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=d3d9_smaa.dll

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true
UseDefferedRendering=false
IgnoreCreationKit=true

[PERFORMANCE]
SpeedHack=true
EnableOcclusionCulling=true

[MULTIHEAD]
ForceVideoAdapterIndex=false
VideoAdapterIndex=0

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=256
VideoMemorySizeMb=7808
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[WINDOW]
ForceBorderless=true
ForceBorderlessFullscreen=true

[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=false
MaxAnisotropy=16
ForceLodBias=false
LodBias=-0.33
AddDisplaySuperSamplingResolutions=false
EnableVSync=true
VSyncSkipNumFrames=0

[LIMITER]
WaitBusyRenderer=false
EnableFPSLimit=false
FPSLimit=60.0

[INPUT]
//back
KeyReadConfig=8
//shift
KeyCombination=16
//f12
KeyUseEffect=123
//home
KeyFPSLimit=36
//num /       106
KeyShowFPS=106
//insert
KeyScreenshot=45
//enter
KeyEditor=13	
//
KeyFreeVRAM=122
KeyBruteForce=66

[ADAPTIVEQUALITY]
Enable=false
Quality=0
DesiredFPS=20.0

[ANTIALIASING]
EnableEdgeAA=true
EnableTemporalAA=false
EnableSubPixelAA=false
EnableTransparencyAA=false

[FIX]
FixGameBugs=true
FixParallaxBugs=true
FixParallaxTerrain=false
FixAliasedTextures=false
IgnoreInventory=true
FixSsaoWaterTransparency=true
FixTintGamma=true
RemoveBlur=false
FixSubSurfaceScattering=true
FixSkyReflection=true
FixCursorVisibility=true
FixLag=false

[THREADS]
DataSyncMode=0
PriorityMode=0
EnableUnsafeFixes=false

[LONGEXPOSURE]
EnableLongExposureMode=false
Time=1.0
BlendMax=0.0

EDIT:
So UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics has to be disabled to turn on the GUI.

@Boris,
Is it possible for you to enable the GUI even if UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics is enabled? The main reason for this would be to grab weatherIDs and other information without having to actually run the graphics portion of ENBSeries. Probably sounds like a strange request and the more I think about it, it probably wouldn't be possible for that purpose, but doesn't hurt to ask. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TechAngel85 wrote:@Boris,
Is it possible for you to enable the GUI even if UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics is enabled? The main reason for this would be to grab weatherIDs and other information without having to actually run the graphics portion of ENBSeries. Probably sounds like a strange request and the more I think about it, it probably wouldn't be possible for that purpose, but doesn't hurt to ask. :)
I'm assuming you're thinking of only grabbing mod added WeatherID's since all vanilla and dlc weathers can be searched right here: http://www.skyrimsearch.com/categories/weather/

For mod added of course you could use TES5Edit or CK but I'm assuming you have a reason for grabbing them in game.

Jafin16 wrote:
TechAngel85 wrote:@Boris,
I'm assuming you're thinking of only grabbing mod added WeatherID's since all vanilla and dlc weathers can be searched right here: http://www.skyrimsearch.com/categories/weather/

For mod added of course you could use TES5Edit or CK but I'm assuming you have a reason for grabbing them in game.
Yes, for troubleshooting purposes. Authors often ask of the weatherID when a lighting issue arises and the only way to get the current weather in-game is with the ENB GUI. I know of no other way so I'm asking for it as a tool for troubleshooting lighting during specific weathers. This doesn't happen often outside the realm of ENB Presets, but mods like CoT and Vivid Weathers would benefit (from the user side).