TES Skyrim SE 0.386

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim SE 0.386

fireman_af wrote:No problem. It doesn't happen often. It is more of a poor timing. I just happen to be always tweaking my 4 ENBs. lol.
It's been a while since I messed with per-weather configs, however something that I highly recommend is after finding a good spot to test, use the in-game console to force the weather you are testing with the added option to lock it from changing. So:

fw 81a 1

Adding the 1 at the end prevents the weather from changing while you configure. I think it automatically unlocks when you reload the game, or change zones. Also it helps to set the timescale to something low like 8 so that transitions between Night/Dawn/Day/Dust don't happen so fast you end up cross configuring your options. ;)

Regarding the aurora problem above, can anyone out there replicate this issue?

Replication:
1. go to any exterior and pick a weather type with an aurora in the console: eg "fw 10e1f2"
2. set the time of day to night: eg "set gamehour to 22"
3. Open the ENB console, go down to SKY and untick (uncheck) Enable.

Your aurara should either vanish completely or turn blocky yellow (it does this depending on weather type for me).

It might be my setup, not ENB code, so replication would be really useful. If other people are getting this issue, it must be a problem with the way ENB handles auroras when bypassing its own sky shaders (probably - I've no idea how it works at that level!). I know most people don't bypass sky effects, but that's very useful for my purposes. Thanks!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tested quickly but couldn't reproduce, Nvidia GPU.

Phinix wrote:
fireman_af wrote:No problem. It doesn't happen often. It is more of a poor timing. I just happen to be always tweaking my 4 ENBs. lol.
It's been a while since I messed with per-weather configs, however something that I highly recommend is after finding a good spot to test, use the in-game console to force the weather you are testing with the added option to lock it from changing. So:

fw 81a 1

Adding the 1 at the end prevents the weather from changing while you configure. I think it automatically unlocks when you reload the game, or change zones. Also it helps to set the timescale to something low like 8 so that transitions between Night/Dawn/Day/Dust don't happen so fast you end up cross configuring your options. ;)
Well damn, I actually didn't know adding "1" at the end did that. Call me a rookie....Thanks for that tip.

mindflux wrote:Tested quickly but couldn't reproduce, Nvidia GPU.
Thanks. Could be just me then.

Hi,

What:

EnableComplexParticleLights=true

do make, etc...

Here is a demo video why I ask it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM4Xl-C ... e=youtu.be

All info I found:

"v0.365: Added shadows for complex particle and fire lights. Please be careful with enabling these effects, because performance can degrade dramatically when many particles are spawned.
v0.362: Added complex particle and fire lights and skin specular effects."

1.) What do I lose if I disable that ENB features?
2.) Instead of totally disabling it, is there any other proper solution?

(Rudy ENB for Obsidian)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Disabling it you will lose lights which it produce. There is no alternative to it and performance can't be optimized, except resizing glows to smaller and make as less them as possible.

ENBSeries wrote:Disabling it you will lose lights which it produce. There is no alternative to it and performance can't be optimized, except resizing glows to smaller and make as less them as possible.
I thought something similar, just no idea which lights are those? :)
That was a rare place. where I noticed that FPS drop, and I guess there are(were) yes lot's of lights which caused that FPS drop.

The strange thing rather, I didn't see any different enabled or disabled. (with my eyes)
As far as, I could judge it... :)

Thank You!

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

At 3:05 on your video there is obvious difference and if you want see more, increase intensity of those lights. That place is slow because glows from every candle is drawed as light on the screen and the area in pixels multiplied by number of lights is how big performance hit is.

ENBSeries wrote:At 3:05 on your video there is obvious difference and if you want see more, increase intensity of those lights. That place is slow because glows from every candle is drawed as light on the screen and the area in pixels multiplied by number of lights is how big performance hit is.
Aha! I see! Really!
You knew what should to look for that effect.

Indeed. With disabled candles make less or not lightning to the shrine at the middle of the candles. In-game, I won't notice that difference, I guess.

And, yes, I haven't noticed that many FPS drops. like this place.

Thank You Boris!