Test Drive Unlimited 2 v0.147

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Test Drive Unlimited 2 v0.147

Test Drive Unlimited 2 (TDU2)

Graphic modification 0.142 beta

Exclusive version of the mod for TDU2. At first i thought to drop the project and only recorded youtube videos (no interest from users). But as i spent time to research render pipeline, guess better to release at least one version, so this is improved without any complex effects mod. Programmable shaders enbbloom.fx, enbeffect.fx and effect.txt available for editing. Config not tweaked, just reseted to defaults, mine is controlled by keyboard hotkeys for each time of the day and i'm too much lazy to make interpolator for them, users will do changes anyway and don't play the game.
Hdr rendering implemented as compressed computations in ldr textures, so color artifacts appear sometimes, but many game textures (rays of lights or sun glare f.e.) are badly compressed themselves.

Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 v0.147

Just tested the new version and i dont see any bugs, maybe i will notice something after few more hours of playing. Other then that the reflection settings are pretty neat :)

Well, thank you sooo much.
I am currently at work but will test it right away when i get home.
Sounds promissing.

Found few bugs, at night the lamp light flicker erratically depending on the movement of the camera and the grass losses its alphas making it look like this Image Also the palette is not working. The light error seems to be not just associated with street lights but the lighting in general Image

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I deleted the game, there is no sence to develop mod for it and especially to fix bugs if i don't have them myself.

Noo :cry:
Now where its just begann to reach the community.
Btw i like the video on youtube a lot.
But Whats about those lightning skidmarks at the end of the video?
And please could u post the settings u have used for the video?
regards

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Pink tire lines are fixed in the mod, i replaced that debug shader with black. Glowing is happen because of bloom was applied and hdrcompressionfactor was set to 1 (closer to 1 means more intense lights are).
I don't have presets from video, files are deleted. The only important thing you may try is enbeffect.fx with temporary variables which i used for tweaking, but it's not simple for beginner and require programming result to constants. As always, changing temporary variables by 1,2,3,4,... together with keys pageup or pagedown. 1 - post multiplier of ldr intensity (keep it about 1, values above 1 only for some specific dark result from previous). 7 is amount of bloom. adaptation disabled as i remember. 3 is accenting of bright areas, make them even brighter (non linear scaling of color space, useful to simulate hdr without modifying environment). 5 is gamma control in ldr space. 4 is gamma in hdr space.
I don't know, may be when users will start using the mod i'll return, but at this moment game makes me mad with damn freaks annoying me, flying cheaters, horrible inertia for turning if you are not in bugatti, low performance, etc.

ENBSeries wrote:I don't know, may be when users will start using the mod i'll return, but at this moment game makes me mad with damn freaks annoying me, flying cheaters, horrible inertia for turning if you are not in bugatti, low performance, etc.
Yes, this game has its (admittedly huge number of) flaws and the cheaters, hackers or childish behavior of some users can be a pain in the arse. Nevertheless, I'm still enjoying this game, even more so since you've released an exclusive ENB for it.

Thank you for your efforts and please don't discontinue developing your mod for this game, I'm sure there are still plenty of players out there who are playing it and will make use of this modification.

Unfortunately, TDU (2) more than any other game has always been reliant on the engagement of the community to fix or improve mistakes that were actually supposed to be tackled by the dev's. With this mod, another step is done at least in making a visually mediocre game more appealing.

Gonna post some pics in the forum gallery section once I've found more optimal settings :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry, forgot to attach shader which use temporary variables to control post processing as on my videos.

EDIT file deleted

Thank you it fixed it :)