TES Oblivion 0.165

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Oblivion 0.165

@Boris - I thought the mod - Archive Invalidation Invalidated was supposed to solve this issue?

Works for me :)

aaaahhhhhhh! thank you Boris. this is amazing, ive been using the old version of oblivion enb with OBGE but the OBGE sunrays look kinda weird and a few other things about it always bugged me a bit. this is what ive been waiting for, time to get to work on it.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

far327
I tried it, but not work. Wrote to SArchiveList the name of mod bsa, placed it to Data folder, set in mods in launcher - no result.

I found a few minor bugs awhile back but I wanted to be thorough and try a bunch of things to see if they fixed them before posting anything. After the screen shots I'll post the steps I took to make them go away, and full details of my system and all the files that may be needed;

This screen shot is of the save game 'Vilverin' before I made the SSAO/SSIL FadeFogRange tweak and was taken with the default enbseries.ini and default ultra oblivion.ini.

This screen shot is after I changed FadeFogRange to 10, however anything between 2.0-1000 seems to make the SSAO/SSIL flicker white every 15-20 seconds, I had a hard time capturing it with a screenshot, just managed to catch the tail end of the white flicker in this shot. Savegame: http://www.mediafire.com/?suekid597uuaddz

This screen shot is of save game 'Sky box' at the imperial city waterfront where the sky box clips over the distant mountains (same problem chuffchewin has). This was taken with the default enbseries.ini and default ultra oblivion.ini. Savegame: http://www.mediafire.com/?opgha8kgm0qc3i8

This screen shot is of save game 'Moon' at the city isle where the moon is blurry and aliased around the edges, only seems to happen at certain times of day/weather, not sure what causes it, but doesn't seem like that big of a deal. This was taken with the default enbseries.ini and default ultra oblivion.ini. Savegame: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ylxi7vaxex9bzs

This screen shot is of save game 'Sunsprite' at the imperial city waterfront with SunIntensity at the default 4.0. I tried turning it down to 1.0 which does lessen the 'ring' effect, but that also makes the sun look way too weak. 4.0 makes the sun look good, but the sunsprite effect is just too strong in general. I not sure if this is actually a bug or 'as intended' though. This was taken with the default enbseries.ini and default ultra oblivion.ini. Savegame: http://www.mediafire.com/?xsfwafmgjbr7oer

The screen shot is of a graphics glitch which happens if you have ENB GUI running and then open the console or vice versa (to pause the game and tweak), doesn't matter where you are indoors or outdoors. I didn't think it is a high priority though as simply closing the GUI fixes it.

Some of these issues seem GUI related, Boris if your developing this based on the steam version of Oblivion which has that in-game steam overlay thing running, could that be messing with old retail versions that don't have the in-game steam overlay?

Now for the steps I took to try and make the bugs go away;
  • Checked that the above things were only happening with enb running to make sure it was not a bug with Oblivion itself.

Made a fresh vanilla oblivion.ini, tested with very low, low, medium, high, ultra and maxed in game settings fiddled with the sliders to see if anything made a difference, only launcher and in game settings were used.

Uninstalled NV inspector.

Tested it with Nvidia control panel defaults (application controlled or off), and then again with 3 changes that I usually play with; display set to 'single display performance mode', power at 'maximum performance' and texture filtering set to 'High Quality'.

Ran a administration level command prompt and sfc /scannow to check for any broken system files.

Ran a full system scan to check for viruses and spy ware with Kaspersky Internet Security 2013.

Ran trim on my SSD.

Disabled all the options my anti-virus package and then disabled it from running altogether, as well as all but 2 of my start-up programs (which I think are needed for my SSD & USB to function properly).

Set System Properties > Performance Options > Visual Effects to 'best performance' and changed from a windows aero theme to a basic high contrast theme.

Tested it with Data Execution Prevention 'on' and 'off' (Turn on DEP for all programs and services vs Turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only).

Tested it with and without compatibility settings, such as Windows XP SP3 Compatibility mode, Disable visual themes, Disable desktop composition, Disable display scaling on high DPI settings, administrator privilege's.

Tested it with the DirectX on my Oblivion CD, then again with the latest DirectX from Microsoft's website, then a third time with the dll's from enb's download page (d3dx9_26.dll, d3dx9_40.dll).

Reinstalled Oblivion from my 'Game of the Year' retail edition (to C:\Oblivion), but this time only installed Oblivion without the Shivering Isles, Knights DLC's, or any other mods, tweaks or changes of any kind.

Tested it with unpatched vanilla Oblivion and again with Oblivion patched to 1.2.0.416.

Tested the new install again with all the above system and video card changes.
That's it, I couldn't think of anything else to try short of reinstalling windows 7 bare bones with no other programs (which I don't particularly want to do right now).

Oblivion.ini & DxDiags;

Oblivion.ini http://www.mediafire.com/view/?7qf5e5686u3alji
DxDiag 32bit http://www.mediafire.com/view/?2muxxzx68g217wx

System Specs:

CPU i7-3770 @ 3.4GHz, 32GB of ram, Nvidia GTX 680 with the latest 314.22 drivers, Asus Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard, Samsung SyncMaster SA950 Monitor, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, Corsair H80 CPU Cooler, Razer Naga Mouse. I'm not overclocking any of my hardware and all my drivers are the latest from the manufacturer's web site (except I think Asus released a new motherboard bios recently and I haven't upgraded that yet).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks. Fixed ssao flickering which appear because sky drawed for reflections and mod decide it's exterior. Clouds fixed too (used shader from fallout and one is different in oblivion), but on your screenshot it's a good feature to cover mountains. Moon unfixable, because it have two textures blending with together, in that weather condition second ugly blurred texture is much more visible, simply edit it as image (hdr processing accent all artifacts very much). Lenz fx sprites acting correctly, their intensity is in the shader, edit it to values you need. GUI problem is known bug, but i need time to find what render states it changes without restoring back, so can't say for sure that will be fixed in next version or at all, unimportant for me.
Tested it with Nvidia control panel defaults
Every "testing" after this line absolutely useless, do not spend time again on such things.

Thanks boris that will save me a lot of time knowing those things don't affect enb :)

Are you still having trouble getting HGEC and other beauty mods working for oblivion?

If so have you tried Mod Organizer? Its different from the other utilities in that it doesn't actually install any mods to the data directory and instead creates a virtual data directory, heres a quote from the mods page;
What mod isolation means is that each mod is installed into its own directory outside the actual data directory.
Through some magic MO then shows the game (and any other 3rd party tool that works on the data directory) a "virtual"
data directory that is a merger of the actual data directory and all the mod directories.
This way no file ever get overwritten when you install a mod and your data directory can remain in a vanilla state.
You can simply change the "installation order" of mods from the gui and deinstall or temporarily deactivate one
without breaking other mods.
Heres the link if you want to try it (I use it for Skyrim but it works for Oblivion as well)

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1334

~Cheers

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Still unable to run HGEC. Animations from other mods are working, but no mesh and texture replacements (or may be mesh only, don't know).
ModOrganizer is executable, i can't run anything because of security reasons, so only manual installation or if some software may work in virtual machine without Oblivion installed there.

ENBSeries wrote:far327
I tried it, but not work. Wrote to SArchiveList the name of mod bsa, placed it to Data folder, set in mods in launcher - no result.
It's not working because your using the steam version. That can be fixed though;

Basically ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa needs to be newer than all of Oblivion's .bsa's in order to work. Any mods you install must be newer as well, because the newer files override the older ones.

Since the steam version was released in 2010, 4 years after the retail version of Oblivion in 2006, it is newer than ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated which came out in 2007, so the steam version of Oblivion overrides it. The only way to fix this is to change the dates on either Oblivion's .bsa's to make them older, or the mods to make them newer.

I don't know how to change the date on .bsa files without using a tool such as File Date Changer, BulkFileChanger or RTouch. However if you can't use any of these tools on your PC, I can change the date of ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa for you, then you would have to change the date on any mod files that are too old. I'm not sure if I'm allowed alter the HGEC files and upload them for you, but if they are mostly .nifs and .dds so you should be able to change the date on those.

If not let me know, there is one other method that I don't like using that should work (the first method ever used, an ArchiveInvalidation.txt file)

Also, as a side not on ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated, the installation instructions say the Oblivion.ini should look like this;

SArchiveList=Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

But if your meshes aren't showing up try this instead;

SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Also it doesn't have to be called ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, you can shorten it to AI.bsa or something if you want. Let me know if you need any help changing the dates on files, or want information on the other method of archive invalidaiton.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/o1w1f8kqh ... dated!.bsa

~Cheers

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Thanks, i wrote util that change files times and now HGEC working. The only problem is to find good faces for this body (as on screenshots in my gallery).

Thats a tough one, there are a lot of good face textures for Oblivion, most of the ones I like are japanese/chinese though. I'll see if I can find something that matches those screenshots this week in my spare time. :geek:

~Cheers