TES Skyrim 0.170 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.170 beta

Greater details as drawing distance can't be made by these reasons:
1) Memory limitations. Partially could be fixed, but even if cut half of memory used by game, it's nothing for details.
2) Engine can't process so much visible objects, unfixable.
3) Videocard can't process at playable frame rate so many objects and triangles, any hardware, even 4 sli.
Solutions:
1) Recreate all distant lods to make them grouped to small number of textures and meshes - no modding after that.
2) Generate "cached" versions of distant objects (imposters) and draw them - movable objects can't be made; cache is unique for each game because of modding and isn't simple to generate such cache by walking near big lods; additional memory usage.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ugrids set to 9 with Distant Detail and High Quality LODs works out pretty well. My game barely crashes, though performance is pretty bad. Maybe in the future they'll add something like Umbra occlusion culling. I know the next Witcher will use it.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

That Umbra occlusion looks very promising based on how it behaves in this demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU2L7IdYDVc

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Saw only now how, khm, "many" users downloaded helper mod from nexus (required for 0.169, 0.170) and it's proved how much useless would be separate Pro version. I can't spend time to develop version for core fans of the mod.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:Saw only now how, khm, "many" users downloaded helper mod from nexus (required for 0.169, 0.170) and it's proved how much useless would be separate Pro version. I can't spend time to develop version for core fans of the mod.
Vast majority of users didn't download it cause a very few (1, maybe 2) 0.170 based presets have been released on Nexus.
Once more will be released and one meets "popularity" , the numbers will skyrocket.
Most users doesn't even considerate the amount of work you put in this, and it's pretty sad.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

I agree. I just downloaded it yesterday or the day before, because I hadn't even started a new preset yet. With the new features in 170, I think it will take longer for presets to come out. The only people that will download it are those that are trying to create new presets that utilize these features (mostly people here). Regular users won't download it until they need it for a preset they want to use.
Ask Kyo how many times his ENB has been downloaded, and how many times it is downloaded on the first day of release. When a popular ENB is released that utilizes 170, you will see an equal number of downloads. After that, both the binary and helper mod will be synonymous with ENB.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So i'll not develop pro version.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

ENBSeries wrote:So i'll not develop pro version.
your decision Boris.
But I personally find it's a pity, since the "end-of-the-line" users will be using it anyway, once experienced tweakers will make preset with it.
Most Nexus's users (and I know how they react pretty well, since I released several presets and spent TONS on time answering to questions) will not even look in the files.
They'll drop it in their game, and that's it.
Thus said, a Pro Version would allow us (if I can consider myself as " experienced ", " knowledge " being a moving target) many things, and in the end to provide the most advanced setups to anyone.

You decide, and whatever, you'll decide fine.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

CruNcher wrote:@Boris

Does Skyrim (Creation Engine) have a Shader Cache and where is it located and can changing the skyrimprefs.ini via the launcher force that cache to get recompiled after the next start ?

i experienced something very strange my whole ENB processing changed after changing the skyrimprefs.ini and i can't get it back by just putting the old skyrimprefs.ini there so it seems the whole Default Rendering changed :(

My ENB processing though was very old and i just changed in the skyrim launcher the settings to ULTRA and now my whole Default Vanilla output changed and as said if i put back the skyrimprefs.ini to the old state it doesn't change, so i guess there must have been a shader cache got recompiled as i never did this since all the engine update changes and nvidias driver updates and now my whole skyrim render results go crazy including never updated mods since back then like W.A.T.E.R which result is now that my water is transparent in the Default Rendering.
Hey guys I had exactly the same problem. And thanks for the solution! Deleting the ini's helped!
THANKS!

*sensei*

Ok, I am a little confused. Is this the proper way to set the _weatherlist.ini ?

Code: Select all

[WEATHER001]
FileName=aaa.ini [b]<what file would this be and where is it located?[/b]
WeatherIDs=10a243
[WEATHER002]
FileName=aaa.ini
WeatherIDs=10fe7e
...etc
For multiple weathers using the same settings, would it look like this:

Code: Select all

[WEATHER001]
FileName=clear weather.ini