TES Skyrim 0.170 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.170 beta

Bronze316
True, but we can only speak from our own experience.
Of course, I only speak for myself.
And of course, only Boris can decide about the path. ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

Not sure if it was posted here or not, but I believe this is the list of default weathers in the game:
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Cons ... m)/Weather
Please correct me if I am wrong.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Oyama
Optimization and quality degradation doesn't have anything in common. Shaders optimized for my current videocard, but i know from experiments that modern card require different optimizations (tested with radeon 6450).

chan
That's right.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Here are all the Skyrim weathers that are used with ID codes;
http://pastebin.com/LZtkETZj

And I recommend checking this site out for proper COC codes (id codes) for all the weathers including every DLC weather;
http://www.skyrimsearch.com/about.php

It has id codes for everything that can be found in the Creation Kit but not necessarily in the game itself ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris
Thanx ! This, I didn't know, good to hear.

chan
--JawZ--
Thank you both for these. ;)
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

One thing that always bothered me with Skyrim was the draw distance. The game looks beautiful up close with ENB and the mods, but then you look into the distance and it's 2006 all over again. I don't know if the memory management can be improved so that uGridsToLoad can be increased or some other way to optimize this, but that should be the focus of the modding community. Or is it so limited by the Gamebryo engine...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I don't know if anything can be done the way you ask, the only thing I can think of that could possibly be done is add new LOD meshes, enhance the terrain and fiddle with the settings in the .ini files that does not involve the uGrids settings.

Just read this on the wiki page about the Skyrim
as Howard felt, the current technology did not hold the team back at all. The Creation Engine allowed for numerous improvements in graphical fidelity over Bethesda's previous efforts. For example, the draw distance renders farther than in previous The Elder Scrolls games
Not hold them back, yeah right :roll:

*sensei*

Due to the 32bit nature of the game engine, (More specifically how much memory the game can access in total) then more detail at longer distances is not going to happen in this game. You can play without any texture replacements and a few script based mods, and then increase ugrids but that is about it.
Other then that then it is as JawZ says.
Basically every mod you add cost some memory... and you only have a limited amount of it regardless of what is in your machine. What you can do is decide what you want to spend that memory on.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Is there any game that is not restricted by the 32 bit system?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Aiyen wrote:Due to the 32bit nature of the game engine, (More specifically how much memory the game can access in total) then more detail at longer distances is not going to happen in this game. You can play without any texture replacements and a few script based mods, and then increase ugrids but that is about it.
Other then that then it is as JawZ says.
Basically every mod you add cost some memory... and you only have a limited amount of it regardless of what is in your machine. What you can do is decide what you want to spend that memory on.
Words of wisdom. All's been said. uGrids to 7 will lead to CTDs once too many textures replacers have been added, or if you did send 4K textures everywhere (NPCs and such). This, whatever the VRAM and system RAM amounts.