TES Skyrim 0.170 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.170 beta

Bronze316
Impossible. Snow in game don't have unique shaders, so no way to make it look like snow. But if you mean that star (or whatever it is), you can make it in creation kit as particle.

Tonaran
It doesn't work then. After half of a minute settings file switches to enbseries.ini.
I don't have the problem and this means that even this new system is too much complex to understand (except me because developed it) and you asking even harder brainfucking features?

*sensei*

Last edited by Rubber-De-Flubber on 25 May 2022, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

*sensei*

@Boris,

I know the snow will never look that good, but it's the sky gradients and ambient colors in particular that I'm going for.

Не понимаю почему так происходит.. На дефолтных настройках, без единого лишнего плагина. В _weatherlist.ini прописаны почти все основные типы погоды, может быть поэтому?
В архиве папка enbseries, может там чего перемудрил?

EDIT: file downloaded and deleted

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Tonaran
Все правильно настроено. Подумал, а может это вспомогательный мод не работает? Я сделал таймер, который переключает погоду на default из enbseries.ini, если helper мод не выдал значения. Против этого будет позже сделана плавная интерполяция погоды (пока запутался как ее сделать, чтоб работало при всех менюшках) и наверно через плагины другие сделаю получение погоды.

nKo

Just a little thing, could it be possible to disable the color of GUI and keep it gray (maybe a switch)? I know why you did that, but it a bit hard to tweak with something so saturated on screen. It could be nice also if the size and position of the GUI could be saved. What about having control of all the params I talked about ?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Just and idea, but could it be possible to tweak more params in weather.ini, like SSAO params (weights and range), Skylighting AmbientMinLevel ,Reflections Weights, Color correction brightness and gamma, SunRaysMultiplier, and even ShadowBlurRange. It could be so precise...
Can't say, depends from variables. Most of them MUST work at any conditions as they are effects and weathers are just colors. I don't want to get flood here "why ssao not work" only because it's parameters set by weather file. Also i prefer logical decisions, so reflection and ibl parameters for rainy weather are good, but ssao work always the same, i did different interior parameters for it already.
could it be possible to disable the color of GUI
Yes.
It could be nice also if the size and position of the GUI could be saved.
No, i have experience in such things and this is very bad on practice.

nKo

Ok I understand your choice, I was just wondering if we could increase AO intensity on foggy weather to increase really soft shadows even if when direct light is off :roll:
Maybe also increasing SSIL weight on clear weather, this kind of stuff....
Is there already a way to switch of the GUI colors ?

By the way, my previous bug was only because my game was not updated, but I have a new one: Everytime I'm tweaking, It loose the current weather.ini and reset everything, even if i keep the console open. I need to save everytime I change something. Is it game weather updating even in console mode ? Any Idea ?

*sensei*

Boris - I have to say, this is working out even better than I thought it would, excellent work! I have not found any major issues so far at all and am working on my third weather file. A significant test will be interpolations between weathers, when available.

One point, it would be very good to have access to Saturation, Contrast and Brightness. Contrast (GammaCurve) and Brightness are available but only in ENBSERIES, be good to see them make the move to individual weather files if possible. Saturation is a bit different since there is no ENBSERIES control currently. Appreciate if you give some thought to how this could be implemented. IBL can be used to mitigate Saturation to some degree but perhaps not enough. Another possibility is to provide a means by which ENBEFFECT can receive knowledge of weather related information, perhaps pass the following to ENBEFFECT:

- weather indexes for Current and Outgoing (the integer portion of [WEATHER001, WEATHER002, etc.)
- current interpolation value between the two

This would allow Saturation (and other factors) to be manipulated within ENBEFFECT.

Just food for thought.

@Dinkledorf:
a similar, but less complex solution for your question i wrote to the 0.169beta forum, but boris did not answer.
your idea, to acess the weather-data in enbeffect is very nice, but think about that:
boris has to order all weathers coz he must send one value that could be read in the enbeffect file,
and you have to interpolate colors, saturations formulas by that value.
the problem: in my opinion you can not build such a complex shader that is reacting to 84 skyrim weathers (102 weathers+addons)
in different ways... you will run in big problems ;)

think about the limitations of hlsl