TES Skyrim 0.170 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*sensei*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.170 beta

@Boris,

I don't mean to joke around. What you're seeing there is the result of work related stress....

What you do mean abandon the old, can't people use the v0.168 as a "legacy" code, and the new version (ENP Pro) can be independent? In other words, you should not worry about updating the old code (v0.168, etc.), it's as good as gold in my opinon. And if that was the final code, then that would still be acceptable. I really want to see a fresh approach to your work without all the limitations, but I won't want you to feel that your previous work will be compromised in any way.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As you wrote, version 0.168 could be final (for 99.9% of users), but this also means that i don't have any reason to develop mod for Skyrim any more, it's same as for rare or too old games which i ignore mostly.
In other words, you should not worry about updating the old code
So no new effects, no optimizations...
Urrr, i hate so much to make decisions like this, can't take compromises.

*sensei*

Considering the fact that lot of preset maker out there still cannot get over 0.119 because of hardware AA, this should make your decision much easier. Why limit yourself when probably less than 10 people actually care to learn advanced tweaking and move forward.

This does not mean giving up because not enough people care, its your hobby, you have full freedom. Make advanced complicated stuff, make our brains melt. No problem. Some of us also have fun studying shader codes and tweaking them. Its a great learning process. Also Skyrim is not dying until Elder Scrolls 6 is out. People will keep coming back to it over and over again.

As long as the old versions are there in download list, no problem making future versions Pro type. Unhappy people can build a nice long bridge and get over it.
Last edited by DigitalPrinceX on 30 May 2013, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*sensei*

@Boris,

Don't take compromises, you know exactly what you're doing. I'm just trying to give some feedback on what I think is the next logical step and don't want to see you waste time on a buggy engine. I don't know how your code operates, and probably never will.

New effects and optimizations sounds great, so I agree 100% that it should not be ignored. We still have alot of possibilites with the ELE by --JawZ--, as the main problems are within the game engine, not your code.

A while back you mentioned to me that you could implement certain DX11 effects like volumetric/particle illumination in your DX9 code. Is that still in the plan? Here's the article I read: http://www.voreen.org/publications/2011 ... psvi11.pdf

Ok, that might be a bit too advanced for the Skyrim engine, but some form of volumetric light could do wonders for these graphics.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Bronze316
I can't think about new effects when previous work is not done. And that article about volumetric rendering is not what games use. Volumetric particles illumination also not dx11 privilegy and never was.

DigitalPrinceX
What you wrote is what i afraid of and that's why can't abandon old version and work on pro only. Develop for 10 advanced users? I'll better make the mod for the games which are really masterpieces. Wasting time is what i hate and what i doing because i'm fool.

*sensei*

@Boris,

Yeah, I get anxious when you mention new effects, sorry about that. I had never heard about the volumetric rendering in DX9 games, so I wasn't sure if there were technical limitations, but you've answered those questions for me.

---------------------

**NEWS FOR ATI/AMD USERS**

Catalyst v13.4 was released yesterday. I'm about to try them out.

(Rare flickering bug fixed for my HD 7950, and no issues to report at this time. The game runs a little bit smoother)

-------------

The Bottom Line: They're safe to use.

*sensei*

I suspect that a large portion of ENB users are using downloaded configs by those Pro users and tweakers that created them. Which does mean that regardless of the complexity, the user base will remain with a Pro version, once configs are available for download. If one can successfully tweak 168 version, moving to the more extended 170+ versions should not be that big of a stretch, just have to wrap ones' head around the weather file split. If one is having problems tweaking 168, its a moot point anyway. Besides, will not 170 work exactly like 168 if no weather files are defined anyway? It will just use ENBSERIES. or am I missing something?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Dinkledorf wrote:I suspect that a large portion of ENB users are using downloaded configs by those Pro users and tweakers that created them. Which does mean that regardless of the complexity, the user base will remain with a Pro version, once configs are available for download.
Boris

That's it. I think the choice is now pretty obvious.
Now you're here, if you had new effects, you'll go more and more for a Pro version.
Optimize ? If this equals to a loss of quality compared to what we have now, please don't ! ;)
Tweakers will build presets, adn users will use them.
Whatever the complexity, lazy people from yesterday will remain lazy tomorrow.

Even with Tatsudoshi, long ago, the vast majority wouldn't involve in learning and tweaking.
From .102 until now, this hasn't changed at all.
But once the presets done, people will embrace it. Just see my own preset on the Nexus.... I did go against all popularity rules, pushing Quality to the max and fecking the codes as much as I could. It's totally unreasonable and unadvicable.
I really thought people would hate it and see, 1144 endorsements today, + 75K downloads in 5 months. :shock:
People say they want performance, but they LOVE quality in secret ;)
It's like surrending a taboo, you know.

The only thing is your own interest in it. The day you have no more, then call it final.
As long as you are interested in developing further, just do and let us take care of the complexity :D

Whatever, we'll follow this till the world's end :D
And sorry for the off-topic with Bronze316, we're long-time friends and we couldn't help.
Take it as respect and dedication, coz it is ;) , despite its humoristic form.
Lian Li PC011 Dynamic, Corsair AX 1500i PSU, i9 10850K @5.0 Ghz, Aorus Z490 Ultra, RTX3090 MSI Gaming X Trio, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB RAM@3600, Corsair MP600 1TB NVME System Drive, 10 TB Storage, W10 Pro 64, Custom Hard Tubing Watercooling Loop

*sensei*

Bronze316
Catalyst 13.4 is old o_o
Im using latest beta 13.6 and it works fine too.
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*sensei*

@Oyama,

We can no longer speak for others. Boris always leads us to the right path, so we'll await his "orders". ;)

@DigitalPrinceX,
DigitalPrinceX wrote:Catalyst 13.4 is old
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/w ... n8-64.aspx

Release date 05/29/2013 Official drivers only for me.