TES Skyrim 0.171 beta

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.171 beta

When rotatin camera there appear some artifacts on Panaromic Bars with TAA (only when rotatin). And it stops working some indoor places unlike the 0.159 beta test. Outdoor was a problematic on 1.59, now it works perfect. Just need to fix some indoor spots such honeybrew and tavern in riften. Mod doesn't work in that places. Got some screenies to show artifacts on blackbars:

*sensei*

Boris
Offtopic : :lol: :lol: :lol: Hard to find card for you :lol:
I have been using AMD for a long time. Some old AMD card -> 5770(2year) -> 7870(1 year) -> 7970(current) -> 7990 or 8000 series (future planned)
Unless i win nvidia from lottery not going to buy. And most likely will sell that nvidia or use as dedicared physx card in AMD+nvidia hybrid setup.

The way i know you, your top priority is stability and working with your current setup. So you dont have much options.
Do some research about this - Sapphire 7870 GHz and see if you like it. I find it best for price, performance and stability. Will ensure that you dont need to change card for next 5 year unless alien invades, lightning strikes, world ends....
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DigitalPrinceX
I searched info about hd7870 and saw many complains about horrible thermal interface for gpu and memory which causes bugs, overheating of mofsets, performance drops because of overheating (fixable by replacing thermal paste). DVI->VGA produce noise (i'm using crt display). If there chance to have issues, i'll trap in them.

nKo

So if I understand, the big jump of color when I change fogcolorcurve from 0 to 0.01 is just due to this weather ? The only thing I can do is try to edit it in SCK ? The strange thing is on this weather, when i'm in full day settings, the fog change even if i change fogcolorcurvesunrise.....

About the vertical stripes, it hard to reproduce, it doesn'nt appear at every launch of the game, but when it's here, it's every time I move or rotate the camera. The only thing staying at every launch is hard to screenshot:
A vertical tearing, mostly like a Vsync issue but vertical. Tried it with a clean install with and without skse.

By the way I´m actually playing on a macbook retina with a Geforce650m. maybe due to this config....

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Boris wouldn't it be better to amplify the Specular with Specular Power in the GUI i mean which mere immortal would come to the idea that Specular Power must be decreased or put on 0.00 to amplify the Specular Maps ?

Power sounds like strength and strength goes from low to high 0.00 (disable) to xx.xx enable ?

i find it not logic that Specular Power 1.00 almost disables the Specular Maps visibility and Specular Power 0.00 makes them visible @ all for me, this feels really strange :(
And by turning Specular Amount positive even amplifies them with Specular Power set to 0.00 negative (disable) feels like some square thinking ?

Wouldn't it be better to reverse this behavior so Specular Power 0.00 disable Specular and Higher positive slowly enable it and amount additionally positive amplifying it ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

CruNcher
There's nothing illogical in how the parameters work - power acts like gamma, and in simple terms increasing it has a tendency to make the result darker, decreasing lighter.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

so it's anti proportional i guess most users will first think the values in the GUI are all proportional, that was my faulty thinking then

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Well, I guess there will be some users that will erroneously think that power acts like a some kind of intensity parameter, whereas it doesn't. Gamma is a pretty complex subject by itself, and a lot of good information can be found online, but it probably helps to think of it as a sort of contrast adjustment - increasing contrast doesn't necessarily mean that the image (by average) will become brighter.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

nKo
FogCurve is pow function, so simple to understand why this happening. If you don't know what is pow, it's same as ^ in some languages, for example 2^2=4; 2^4=16, so applied to fog colors 0^0.0=1; 0^0.01=0; 0.1^0=1; 0.1^0.01=0.97. I suspect fog color there have 0 for red and green component.

CruNcher
SpecularPower mean what it say in terms of math, see pow function above (it's 3d term actually). Power for specular is fading curve of glosiness, the angled area of it in other words.

nKo

Thanks very much Boris. I clearly know what is pow function but did´nt know fogcolorcurve act like that. Appreciate your help.
nKo