TES Skyrim 0.207

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.207

v0.207 is amazing.

I like the idea of a check for other software...**poof** why did my game CTD and give a message 'turn off so-and-so to enable ENB'. :D

DigitalPrinceX wrote:@Winterlove
And no, i use 13.8b2 also. ;)
Hmm. You may be able to help me then. When I run SPM, the VRAM always reads as zero. Any ideas?

(MSI Lightning 7970, Windows 7 64bit).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Im testing 207 more intensely in Gameplay and Stability now and i have to say im pretty amazed :)

i reached 2.5 GB Dedicated Vram usage on my 1 GB Card and it was rock stable even @ 20 fps in heavy fight scenes with all kind of shaders (magic) involved (i could even have made a realtime video of this using the IGP DSP without problems) :)

though i don't use SPM for my measuring but lower system resource intense measuring partly from Intels and Microsofts Realtime Debuging tools (direct Kernel Hardware measuring, better resolution, less overhead)

there is only 1 load place that seems to freeze currently all the time @ the exact same location still analyzing that freeze condition (though im heavily pushing the Engine and ENB for the Hardware i use, after this freeze the whole ENB situation after a Engine restart though became unstable uncompressed body textures failed to load and a lot of stuttering in the Gameplay) and i don't make Boris responsible for this, you don't suck Boris you Rock ;)

The only thing that fails in this HD Environment Gameplay test is the SpeedTree Physics my Trees don't move based on the Wind simulation under this low FPS in Realtime, but i can live with that, it's a relative minor subjective impact that you hardly notice unless you move up to a tree and see the animation in slow motion ;)

I guess it has todo with the Havok Thread and the old Havok Engine used here that wasn't really efficiently Multithreading optimized as the current version is (im sure the next fallout will be much better with this using the optimized Havok and surely the new Multithreaded GPU Rendering that is even in this Engine Version but failing if you try to activate it after load).

As soon as i turn ENB off (use effect disabled) the latency is low enough and the Tree Animations work as expected (maybe a whole optimization on the shader chain gaining more speed lower the latency impact could also help), i wonder if different Multithreading could fix this even with ENB on and lower FPS conditions.

The subjective Gameplay feeling even @ the shown 20 FPS is really crazy sometimes i don't believe the OSD FPS counter @ all as it would measure something wrong but could be also as no Frames get really lost @ all and Microsofts WDDM 1.1 buffering in Fullscreen Windowed mode works really well, at least much better then on XP (NT5) :)

So i would just need to exchange my GPU now to a higher one based on the current tests i would need approximately 3x the performance of my current (460 GTX 1 GB Fermi) or a little more then that to get this a really smooth Realtime Full HD 60 FPS Gameplay Experience with the current ENB Shader chain and optimization state :)

I will try 209 also but first im gonna trying to fix this freeze condition with 207 as this is currently the most unstable thing i experience and i need to figure out why it happens.

This is the uncompressed texture fail effect i get after ENB and the Engine freezed this is after 2 Game restart based savegame loads after the freeze condition happened :(

The Next 3rd test run now it works might be the memory has been overwritten completely correct now :(

Tests are based on

[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=true
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=true
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=512
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true

currently

and Firefox consuming around 60 MB of the Vram space via Direc3D 10

Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Adapter Description (GPU #2) Intel(R) HD Graphics
Adapter Drivers nvd3dumx,nvwgf2umx,nvwgf2umx nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Adapter Drivers (GPU #2) igdumd64 igd10umd64 igd10umd64 igdumd32 igd10umd32 igd10umd32
Adapter RAM 1023
Adapter RAM (GPU #2) Unknown
Device ID 0x0e22
Device ID (GPU #2) 0x0102
Direct2D Enabled true
DirectWrite Enabled true (6.2.9200.16571)
Driver Date 3-14-2013
Driver Date (GPU #2) 3-8-2013
Driver Version 9.18.13.1422
Driver Version (GPU #2) 9.17.10.3062
GPU #2 Active false
GPU Accelerated Windows 1/1 Direct3D 10
Vendor ID 0x10de
Vendor ID (GPU #2) 0x8086
WebGL Renderer Google Inc. -- ANGLE (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
windowLayerManagerRemote false
AzureCanvasBackend direct2d
AzureContentBackend none
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend cairo
AzureSkiaAccelerated 0

argh i missed a new intel driver update

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=true - this is the reason, textures not created in video memory as you don't have it for them.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yes Boris but most of the times if not all the time it works loading those @ the first load it only becomes unstable after freezing ok i also have these occasional happening Savegame CTDs but currently i get non of them loading different savegames and the aforementioned settings, anyways i can test this way without issues and later hopefully better optimize the whole setup so for me personally it's no real problem, and i wont wine @ you i know that im working on a crazy Hardware Edge :)
But i wan't to try to get this somewhat stable and if i have done that change to a new GPU that can hold it stable @ 1080p 60 FPS :)

1080p @ 20 FPS is pretty ok for me i can even play it quiete well i see the latency issues though @ special parts like watterfalls or the mentioned tree animations (they are perceptible very slow, especialy when switching live between ENB and Normal Engine Result), but exploring and even intense fights are pretty ok im really surprised :)

i even fall as low as 15 FPS sometimes (according to the OSD measuring by Fraps or Action) but it's still control and playable surely in a Multiplayer Scenario it would be Pain but for exploring and even NPC fights and general Render result checking it works :)

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard