TES Skyrim 0.209

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.209

ReservedMemorySizeMb is limited to 1024, if this value to set more than 3 gb for 64 bit systems or 1 gb for 32 bit, result will be the same as without memory management by amount of CTDs.

Rexawl
Это такая настройка судя по скриншотам.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Ok good to know there is a limit.
Those settings I used were merely for testing purposes to see what would change or happen.

@Rexawl
how did you solve the translucent sun problem? some of RealVision users got it back, although they are using 0.209 and have 320.xx or 326.xx drivers

Rexawl
Это такая настройка судя по скриншотам.
Нет нет, если вы посмотрите на скриншот со шлемом (предыдущий мой пост), во время загрузки игры цвета на нём выглядят ярко, есть свечение и прочее, и вот буквально перед окончанием загрузки пропадает всё и игра обесцвечивается.
Просто эта проблема не у всех кто использует Project ENB, а только у "избранных". То есть у остальных все цвета на месте.
@Rexawl
how did you solve the translucent sun problem?
It was something with skyrim.ini or skyrimprefs.ini. Need time to slove what setting caused this.
I was using custom setting, and then i switched to another custom skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini and sun worked like it should.

But it is not working with the default *.ini.
Last edited by Rexawl on 24 Aug 2013, 16:31, edited 1 time in total.

I have just played some skyrim and this is what it looked like, using 209.

Intel 6700K
16GB 2133Mhz DDR4
2x 980 Ti SLI
256GB Samsung NVMe m.2

SkyrimTuner wrote:@Rexawl
how did you solve the translucent sun problem? some of RealVision users got it back, although they are using 0.209 and have 320.xx or 326.xx drivers
bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in SkyrimPrefs.ini solved the sun problem. (default is 0)
Last edited by Rexawl on 24 Aug 2013, 17:40, edited 2 times in total.

@Rexawl
thanks, but this setting is a requirement to get ENBSeries to work properly. should be clear since long time that this is necessary but it seems some users do not read my description ;)
although it's weird because they got it back and did not have it before.

ok, will investigate and check their ini-files.

greets

...speaking of .ini-files... I have locked down my earlier stuttering problems to be an ini problem, and I bet many others have the same situation. Some of the mods I suspected do indeed add some load stutter in some locations (e.g. more animals or patrols spawning when you enter the cell, etc.), but not that horrible cam rotate stutter I (and many others, according to forum posts) had before.

With 209 and ini files almost at default (just the required settings for ENB and SFO/Grass on Steroids) I have super-smooth gameplay even with my complete mod list enabled, incl. script oriented stuff.

Of course my rig is mediocre, so running presets like Somber or K ENB results in framerates in the low 20s depending on location.
Not looking for the magical pill, but would like to tweak a little further.

There are lots of tuts on ini tweaking out there, even some sample files from ENB preset authors, but exactly one of those "recommended for smooth gameplay" overtweaked inis totally screwed up my game earlier, LOL

Two questions:

Are there any known problems/conflicts between ENBs current memory handling and the usual ini tweaks (changing preload values, multithreading, etc.)? In different words: what are the parameters we should definitely leave alone?

Could some of you, preferably those with nVidia SLI setups and NO stuttering issues, share their ini files?

Thanks!!

P.S.: just seen you did already share, JawZ - I see no settings to force threadedWHATEVERS, background load, etc - are those useless?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

From my testing it did not increase the load on any other running thread or decrease it, so yes they seem useless to be tinkered with.
I will however do some more testing with all available Skyrim ini settings and share my experience on what did work and those that did not work or change anything here on ENBDev in a seperate thread. And until that time I'm not 100% certain that my statement of those settings being useless are accurate, but from the tests I've done so far they did nothing.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I hate the spam filter. I'm sorry. Just needed to vent after trying forever to post something relevant. Freaking amazing binary.
Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove bad words or non-english text.
Only a few more posts.