TES Skyrim 0.210

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.210

This is Boris software so of course he can do what he wants.

A suggestion I made earlier was that I didn't think the proxy should be in the enblocal.ini because that represents how to make ENB run on this/my system as the settings in enbseries.ini are for making everything pretty and that would be AA and the likes in my book.

Not having the proxy in local also doesn't cloud the issue of people just wanting to run ENBoost and nothing else.

But if proxy is totally gone then hopefully settings in fx files can compensate for this.

Thanks Boris for keeping things running stable.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Yersinia79 wrote:Im ok with this :) People that want sharpen why not use the sharpen code inside Matso´s enbeffectprepass and some others enbeffectprepass ? :>
I think Edge AA alone is enough if you can pull of above 1080p res for playing (unless using a TV or monitor that stretch pixels above original size) and for screenshots Temporal AA and Edge AA does wonders (bigger is better) ^^
It's not just useful for sharpening. It's useful for making the overall image pop and stand out more with features not available in ENB. The sharpening and round vignette code in SweetFX/FXAA is better also (IMO). Being able to add SMAA or FXAA on top of ENB AA or downsampling (or both) is also a bonus for those who can run it.

Just because idiots have no clue how to set up or configure other software properly to work with ENB that doesn't mean those who do know should suffer for it. It's a bad decision that limits more options for the advanced user.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

Why not instead of completely disabling the proxy, put some disclaimer in the bug reporting thread about how you mustn't use the proxy feature while hunting for bugs?

Or make people specify, in the same post they're reporting bugs, if they're using Proxies or any of the crapware you mentioned?

You made a right decision, Boris. Even for sweetFX. It's hard to support such complex things when they could been overwritten by someone else. Hope the RealVision will drop the sweetfx support soon. Good job!

Also, what's next? Could you try to look for stability increase with ugrids=7 ? It makes the mid-distant look so beautiful.

PS. Не принимай близко к сердцу весь флейм который начнется из-за sweetfx и hialgoboost.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:DaemonWhite
This game don't have much smoke particles to make shadows for them, just wasting performance as this effect is very slow by texel rate and require different algorithm of particles rendering in general.

Tried to set uGridsToLoad to 11 and got freeze on loading screen. It's not because of insufficient memory, some other game bug. Don't know, may be better to ignore it.
Alright. I was thinking that as well, but it was a thought.

Also, with the uGrids change, what did you set the cell buffer to?

[General]
uExterior Cell Buffer=(X+1)^2
uGridsToLoad=X

So, 11 would be ((11+1)^2) = (12^2) = 144.

EDIT:

I crashed on using uGrids 11 with the Cell Buffer.
Last edited by DaemonWhite on 25 Aug 2013, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Unreal

ALL the effects from SweetFX, SMAA, and FXAA are JUST post-processing effects. These could all be ported to an ENBseries effect.txt file.

*master*

I don't know what's worst really: morons who blame ENB because of their own moronity - or fanboys who applaud everything just as moronically.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

tapioks wrote:@Unreal

ALL the effects from SweetFX, SMAA, and FXAA are JUST post-processing effects. These could all be ported to an ENBseries effect.txt file.
Are you volunteering? :)

None of it would need porting if we could use them. I've been using the Injectors for ages and never had an issue using them with ENB, ever. Memory optimisation or not.

ENB Binary Archive

Intel i5 3570k @4.4ghz, 8gb Corsair Vengeance @1667hz, MSI Twin Frozr III R7950 BE @1.2ghz

*sensei*

While i support this decision...
Then is it ok to ask to enhance EdgeAA? Such as sharpness/blurriness control?
Or effect.txt enough to do same thing?
Sound :: Creative X-Fi Titanium

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I was able to get back the sharpness with Boris Blursharpshift effect.txt while using the EdgeAA method.

And as tapioks mentioned they can be added into ENB, the ones that are of any use. Som effects you can find in Kermles enbeffect.fx. Atl east similar coding to some of the SweetFX stuff.