TES Skyrim 0.210

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.210

ENBSeries wrote:DaemonWhite
This game don't have much smoke particles to make shadows for them, just wasting performance as this effect is very slow by texel rate and require different algorithm of particles rendering in general.

Tried to set uGridsToLoad to 11 and got freeze on loading screen. It's not because of insufficient memory, some other game bug. Don't know, may be better to ignore it.
I also cannot set to 11 grids, although I can load with 9. SPM reports Skyrim stops responding when it hits 1gb in VRAM, 700mb in RAM. I tried without enb and also cannot load. I don't think its your binary causing it not to load.

Regarding SweetFX: meh, I can do without. Only thing I was using for was SMAA, and with new ability to scale to 1080, I don't see the need. If anything, a continued effort with TAA. But Boris already doesn't like what he has to deal with to get that to work smoothly...and I don't blame him. I've seen some effect.ext having more than just sharpen, for example grain. Vignette and other border like features I've seen in some enbeffect.fx. Only things left are those oddball things like CRT or Cartoon edge, and color enhancements (duh, ENB is what that is for!) :roll: So, my vote is "whatever Boris feels up to changing".

*sensei*

Not the best way to prevent people from use various software =\ Anyway, i hope it will help with future tests.

"It's useful for making the overall image pop and stand out more with features not available in ENB"
Wat? Pop? What features? There's only one useful feature - lumasharpen.
Using SweetFX for tonemapping and colorcorrection to make image "poop"? You should try to use palette and enbeffect.fx

*sensei*

Unreal Warfare wrote: It's not just useful for sharpening. It's useful for making the overall image pop and stand out more with features not available in ENB. The sharpening and round vignette code in SweetFX/FXAA is better also (IMO). Being able to add SMAA or FXAA on top of ENB AA or downsampling (or both) is also a bonus for those who can run it.

Just because idiots have no clue how to set up or configure other software properly to work with ENB that doesn't mean those who do know should suffer for it. It's a bad decision that limits more options for the advanced user.
True I guess, but vignette code is really short should be possible to convert. What sharpening pattern is mostly used you think? pattern 9 is very close to Matso´s sharpening except a few differences, unless I missed something :>

I think he's talking about the HDR and vibrance settings maybe? I know when I enable/disable SweetFX my game gets much less hazy, it adds to every ENB preset I've tried.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

SweetFX is LDR and the "HDR" setting is just something that tries to "twist" the images to behave and look as it was HDR. Gamma and exposure controls really., in some ways.

If you want more sharpness adjust contrast and brightness to a good mix and add for instance the blursharpshift effect.exe for that "pop". Such things are possible with Boris standard files, the rest is just "bling-bling" more or less.

*master*

Maybe Boris just trying to narrow down the issues. Could just be a short term thing until he's satisfied that any posts leftover at the nexus are nimrods that might need a class in how to operate that PC. :)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Perhaps, but this move will not stop "stupid" comments it will just re-aim them towards another subject in the end.

*sensei*

I support that decision with 100% of my will. Good work, Boris!
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700 XT
Sound Card: X-FI Titanium HD
Mobo: ASRock X370 Pro4
Monitor: M340CLZ 34" 3440x1440 100HZ AMD FREE Sync Curved Monitor

pieron wrote:You made a right decision, Boris. Even for sweetFX. It's hard to support such complex things when they could been overwritten by someone else. Hope the RealVision will drop the sweetfx support soon. Good job!

Also, what's next? Could you try to look for stability increase with ugrids=7 ? It makes the mid-distant look so beautiful.

PS. Не принимай близко к сердцу весь флейм который начнется из-за sweetfx и hialgoboost.

Mostly, game becomes unstable with higher uGrids because skyrims papyrus script system does not support it. Without any scripted mods, it will mostly be okay, but with additional script/Mods/npc spawns, it will reach the critical level ---> *die*

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@Unreal

I hear you on the convenience side of things, porting all the other shaders would be a large pain in the butt. I don't even have time to play these days, much less tweaking code and such. Now I really just like coming here to check in on the development of ENB and to see all the amazing images and ideas folks come up with :)

I do have a version of FXAA Injector v2 that is ported over for use with ENB via an effect.txt file, though it requires the use of the framework Xorchan created for Enhanced Shaders FX.
Let me take another look at the framework; I think it may make porting other shaders to ENB a bit easier.

Also, it allows for 'chaining' of any number of shaders within one effect.txt, so you could in theory just have one effect.txt file that adds all your effects (and control varialbes) for SMAA, FXAA Injector, SweetFX, etc. all in one simple .txt file....

While porting the shaders will require some work, I can appreciate the benefit of having everything governed by by ENB alone.
Last edited by tapioks on 25 Aug 2013, 18:44, edited 2 times in total.