TES Skyrim 0.210

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.210

This was not necessary.. Blocking every software like sweetFX and HiAlgoBoost is ridiculous.. If people complain, then, that's not your problem.. If people complain on ENBoost page then don't answer them.. If they send you a lot of PMs then block all PM.. HiAlgoBoost is useful for a lot of PCs, not everyone can use a super-mega PC.. This is like set aside a lot of people with bad PC, this is racist..
I'm not sure if every functions sweetFX provide can be ported on enbeffect.txt, but this will just add more work to ENB tweakers..

Btw, you developed the software, you made Skyrim a better looking place and stabler.. I respect your decision, but it's too drastic IMHO..

*master*

--JawZ-- wrote:Perhaps, but this move will not stop "stupid" comments it will just re-aim them towards another subject in the end.
True. Nothing helps with "stupid"...to quote Ron White: "So what, I'm fat and ugly. But you can't fix 'stupid'." :lol:

tapioks wrote:ALL the effects from SweetFX, SMAA, and FXAA are JUST post-processing effects. These could all be ported to an ENBseries effect.txt file.
You're right. All the effects could be ported to enbeffect.fx/enbeffectprepass.fx.

But there's a catch: not all of them could be ported EFFICIENTLY.

Mainly it's because in shader you can't define additional textures, you're unable to use some advanced optimized multipass techniques, you're unable to use MRT (Multiple Render Targets), and so on...
To use all this techniques you need to modify the source code of enbseries. Or you could use an extra postprocessing application on top of enbseries (like SweetFX).

As for SweetFX, I don't use it. But (according to the effects list and their descriptions) I'm pretty sure that all effects can be ported without any loss of performance (except for the SMAA and Bloom).

*master*

sonnhy wrote:This was not necessary.. Blocking every software like sweetFX and HiAlgoBoost is ridiculous.. If people complain, then, that's not your problem.. If people complain on ENBoost page then don't answer them.. If they send you a lot of PMs then block all PM.. HiAlgoBoost is useful for a lot of PCs, not everyone can use a super-mega PC.. This is like set aside a lot of people with bad PC, this is racist..
I'm not sure if every functions sweetFX provide can be ported on enbeffect.txt, but this will just add more work to ENB tweakers..

Btw, you developed the software, you made Skyrim a better looking place and stabler.. I respect your decision, but it's too drastic IMHO..
HiAlgoBoost...nope nothing. I might use that if I had to play on my single core SiS gfx laptop.

*master*

I am ok with this but I think working on EdgeAA and Temporal AA is needed, especially for people with SLI/CrossFire.
Maybe sweetfx could be a source of ideas for extra parameters (indeed the lumasharpen filter is really cool).

I am using Chidosity ENB v2 which only use SMAA from SweetFx. So no problem for me to use EdgeAA and Temporal AA instead.
Asus P8Z77-V, G.Skill TridentX 2x4go PC3-19200 CL9, Intel Core i5-3570K (3.4 GHz), Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 WindForce 3x OC(335.23), Samsung SSD 840 Pro 128go+500Go 7200RPM SATA III, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, Windows 8.1 Pro x64, The Grim and Somber ENB

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Hi Folks,

Please find attached Xorchan's ENB Shader Framework, along with a number of sample shaders in effect.txt format. Install all the files in your Skyrim root folder, and then choose one of the effect.txt files from the 'Optional Effect Add-Ons' folder and copy it to your Skyrim root folder. Note the following:

- The shader are now 'modular'. In your root folder are 'common.fxh' and 'technique.fxh' files that contain elements that are COMMON to all shaders.
- The unique shader code is found in individual .fxh files found within the 'data > shaders' folder
- The effect.txt files now simply include the control variables, and an 'include' command to indicate which 'shaders' file should be referenced.
- The contents of the various effect.txt files can be 'stacked' within one effect.txt file if desired, just copy the corresponding variables and include command from any other shader into one file.

Now, please also note that I have no training in HLSL or anything, I've just learned a bit by examining code and looking at the structure of documents and commands etc. So perhaps this could be further improved upon? Feel free to use/redistribute as you see fit.

P.S. It should go without saying, but you must have an ENBseries d3d9.dll installed for any of this to work. Hopefully the current ENB binaries still load effect.txt files... I'm not 100% sure....

I don't use HialgoBoost myself, but some people do.

Sure, they can use 0.209, but then they'll miss on the improvements and effects you'll make after 0.210.

So at least reconsider unblocking HialgoBoost for people with weaker computers. Not everyone can afford to have a Titan after all.

Of course whatever choice Boris makes is well within his own right to make. People may not like it, some users will be alienated from using it, but ultimately you have to respect the authors choice to do what they want.
As I said previously though, people will complain, especially on Nexus, doesn't matter how good a mod or program is. If the goal was to avoid bug reports about combining enb with other programs well, now the bug reports or complaining if you will, is just going to revert to people who are either trying to use the programs together anyways and it not working, or complaining that it's not working, so in the end, nothing is really solved.
My suggestion would be an option that disables or enables the protection, perhaps leave it on by default, that way experienced users know how to turn it off.
The experienced people aren't the ones reporting bugs, it's the stupid people, and you can't program protection against stupid
Just my opinion

*sensei*

tapioks
Wow thank you for epic share, this should solve problem for people that want to use sweetfx "effects" inside Skyrim and for me on some other games ^^

KuroTenshi wrote:I am using Chidosity ENB v2 which only use SMAA from SweetFx. So no problem for me to use EdgeAA and Temporal AA instead.
AFAIK Temporal AA needs helper mod, which in its current state is quite - disturbing. Certainly more than SweetFX...

I'm sitting tight and wait where my favorite ENB devs/tweakers go (only one of them does not use additional injectors/SweetFX, and that is Opethfeldt) - 209 is pretty awesome, and 210 will cause a lot of controversy and even MOAR n00b rage on Nexus, because 90% of ENB presets use SweetFX and will stop working now for trigger-, err updatehappy n00bs ;-)
Last edited by Hirlok on 25 Aug 2013, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.