TES Skyrim 0.210

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.210

narphous wrote:meh.... Guess I'll be ok sticking with .209. I use SMAA because I like it better than the AA in ENB. I use the free ATTK from before he pulled his douche move and took it commercial (and got banned on nexus for it, IIRC) because it's a simple way to boost the priority of skyrim, which is all I use it for. Yes, I know I could write a batch file that does the same thing, but I'm a lazy git. And I use a memory cleaner, mainly for Firefox, since I see no good reason to reboot unless I've installed a kernel patch. Heck, the cleaner won't even do anything unless I manually trigger it. But that's just me... I'm one of those old school guys that thinks any OS that needs to be rebooted more than once a year or so is complete crap. And yes, I pine for the days of Novell and VAX, where reboots only happened every 2-3 years, or less.

I guess I'd only have 2 requests. One is that a full list of prohibited/banned/unsupported software be listed somewhere, since "crapware" isn't an actual product name so far as I'm aware, and second, that .209 be left up on the download page for those of us that won't be upgrading past that version.

Or was it the decision to just excommunicate anyone running any of this stuff? I'm not 100% sure which way that's going from reading the .210 download thread.
Looks like he is going to allow the use in either a new version of .210 or .211 and add a message to WARN users to use 3rd party software at their own risk..

I'm also going to agree that sweetfx should not be blocked.

Many ENB presets use it.

That warning message should be enough :)

*master*

I have a question about the shaders window. Mine's always empty, and I was wondering how to get shaders added to that? I don't remember seeing an option for that in the enbseries or enblocal ini files. Is it related to an effect.txt? As I've been trying to get something like that working to use SweetFX shaders working on ENB.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

DaemonWhite;

You can have a look how to implement commands to the Shader GUI window in my files located here - http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/40732/?

*master*

-JawZ-

I find that it explains what the files do, not how to do it. What I'm looking for is how to transfer the SMAA and Lumasharpen from SweetFX to ENB. Thus, I would probably have to make my own effect.txt file with all the neat bits, and I'm wondering how I do that, unless someone is feeling generous enough to do that instead.

Coding just shoots over my head right now.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I'm going to see if I can port SMAA Injector to Xorchan's effect.txt framework.

CorvoAttano77 wrote:ENB + HiAlgoBoost = FaceDesk
HiAlgoBoost is for people with performance problems. In that case should not be using ENB in the first place, then voila, no performance problems, herp derp. Besides doesn't ENB have an adaptive quality feature?

@sonnhy
"If people complain, then, that's not your problem."
Presumably "people" includes you.

@Hirlok
Yes the ENB Reference mod needs work, I will not use it for now, too many problems.
Adaptive quality has never worked for me, probably because i've never had the need of it..

Also, i've never complained while using crapsoftware..