TES Skyrim 0.252

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.252

kingeric1992 wrote:@endlesswalker

I'm having the exact same stack_hash_fc2e error as shown in your blog.
kingeric1992 wrote:
My TESV.exe crashed at startup on a vanilla skyrim without SKSE on ENB 0.250+, but it works fine on ENB 0.246 or other older versions. And by "crash at startup" I mean it crashes before Bethe Logo set in with a appcrash error stackhash_fc2e. I've checked directX files, microsoft C++ files, and I had the original skyrim ini edited for ENB.

Also, the Renderinfo.ini has zero content when crash, but as I revert back to core 0.246, everything is fine again.

System:
Windows 7 7601 X64
L5639
MSI gtx680 4g
all the tests are done on a vanilla skyrim with game generated inis.

I've googled that the stack hash problem might related to the Windows DEP feature, but disable it would not help.

update: the first version of ENB 0.250 which post on Febeurary 1st is running great.
Finally we could find the solution how to fix CTD from a information of my blog reader.
If you can read Japanese, Please read this article in my blog in details.

Link:http://miscellaneousskyrim.blog.jp/arch ... 57597.html

I solved CTD issue.

Only change MS Office IME 20xx to MS IME.
Sorry for my bad English.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Wow that sounds crazy i wonder what Boris changed that would cause this problem with the Japanese Win7 version now

and how the hell did you debug this and found the cause :) ?

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

Boris, by any chance is this effect something that could be possible with ENB?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ideII5c8o

Boris, I've been searching everywhere for posts by you about the compression feature of ENBoost, which is enabled with EnableCompression=true.

I know from what you have said about it that you use the lz4 algorithm to achieve a 1.5 to 1 compression ratio for textures / geometry that your memory manager stores both in TESV.exe and enbhost.exe.

However, I and many people have seen reduced VRAM usage levels in some areas of Skyrim when compression is enabled, using binary 0.252.

So, does your memory manager also use compression for data stored in VRAM?

If yes, then how much of the available VRAM is used for the compressed data (is that determined by ReservedMemorySizeMb)?

If no, then why do we sometimes see reduced VRAM usage when EnableCompression=true?

Thanks again!

Is it possible to make the cloudshadows move faster? I accelerated the clouds but since cloud speed is not affected by timescale contrary to cloudshadow, i guess thats not the solution. I play with timescale 5 so cloudshadows are only 0.25 x vanilla speed. It's only beautiful if you see a little movement. So is there a way to accelerate cloudshadows except timescale?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

I didn't any changes which may not work with different languages, mod only work with ansi, unicode unsupported and not required at all (of course user must install game and mod in folder without unicode symbols). If changes from

Code: Select all

sprintf(cmdline, "enbhost.exe mutexname%s ", mutexname);
to

Code: Select all

sprintf(cmdline, "enbhost.exe %s ", mutexname);
produce issue, i don't know solution.

shingouki
No, my work is graphics related only.

keithinhanoi
Compression applied to data in ram. Difference in vram usage is only achieved by changes in memory manager or because of not equal testing conditions or mods installed.

hager13
Accelerate clouds movement speed, it's the only solution.

My first try didn't work but i got it now working. Faster clouds work hand in glove with the windsound, so i can now enjoy your majestic cloudshadows.

*sensei*

hager13 wrote:My first try didn't work but i got it now working. Faster clouds work hand in glove with the windsound, so i can now enjoy your majestic cloudshadows.
I sped up two cloudy weather ids on my ENB preset download, and I enjoy
the fast moving cloud shadows viewed from a high up place like a tower.

Boris,
I see internet buzz on the UE4's dynamic global illumination, but I've noticed this feature already
exists in Skyrim and ENB. Here's a pic showing the sun hitting the BluePalace floor that brighten up
the far left NPC's clothing standing next to the lid up floor. Isn't this same feature, or is UnrealEngine4 feature something new?
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

As I understand it, global illumination is a more accurate lighting method that behaves much more like real light does. Ambient Occlusion and Indirect Lighting (IL and perhaps reflections being what's shown in your screenshot) are essentially "hacks" (as John Carmack calls them) to make realistic appearing lighting based on approximations. Global illumination doesn't rely on such hacks but has the light behave more accurately... it's not quite ray-tracing and certainly not path-tracing but it's more along those lines.

Of course, I could be wrong on the specifics of how global illumination works, this is just what I've gathered from scattered sources here and there. Awhile back, when Boris was doing optimizations of his SSAO code, there was some talk of implementing GI in ENB but I don't think it went further than talk.

*master*

@skysan4298
That is just an invisible light bulb placed on the floor :)