TES Skyrim 0.252

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author

Re: TES Skyrim 0.252

snsmac wrote:
Garzhad wrote: Ew, no. GTX 780 Lightning. An EWI's inis are the ones I used.
There where some people on realvision page with the same bug, but they had amds and ewis inis allways fixed it.
You have disabled aa and af in driver?
Yes, I said as much in my first post on it.

inspector/skyrimprefs
http://i.imgur.com/FiPKtyA.png

And yes, RTSS is disabled for Skyrim, so it's not the overlay interfering.

PS GAAAAh, nvm, I figured out what caused it, completely by accident. I read up on the papyrus logs, made the .ini changes... and noticed no logs were being created.
So I investigated abit. And low and behold found alternate .ini files inside ModOrganizers file structure that were overriding everything else. Noobmistake? /shrugs
Copy/pasting the .ini files from my MyGames directory over the ones in ModOrganizers fixed everything.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

To all of you having crashes using Ewi's .ini files.

STOP!!!

The first thing you need to do when running into crashing ENB is NOT to install someone else's highly modified .ini files. You need to generate default .ini files modified for ENB as directed in the official download page. Then, work from there to figure out your issues. Ewi's files work great for some and destroy others' installs. Those files are superfluous at best, game destroying at worst. I like Ewi and he has some great mods, but his .ini files are not among them.

So, to reiterate... STOP using his .ini files, generate default .inis (with necessary modifications for ENB) and see if your problem is fixed. If not, work from that platform to find your problem.

Ewi's ini files are a product of the "want to click and play and never read anything" mentality of the Skyrim mod community.

I did use those ini's just to test how they work.
I didn't have any issues with those ini's but i feel more comfortable using my own ini's generated by Skyrim with a couple tweaks for ENB and personal preferences.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Jafin16 wrote:To all of you having crashes using Ewi's .ini files.

STOP!!!

The first thing you need to do when running into crashing ENB is NOT to install someone else's highly modified .ini files. You need to generate default .ini files modified for ENB as directed in the official download page. Then, work from there to figure out your issues. Ewi's files work great for some and destroy others' installs. Those files are superfluous at best, game destroying at worst. I like Ewi and he has some great mods, but his .ini files are not among them.

So, to reiterate... STOP using his .ini files, generate default .inis (with necessary modifications for ENB) and see if your problem is fixed. If not, work from that platform to find your problem.
I don't know why someone wants others ini, these settings don't make miracles...

STOP!!!

I"ve also crashed with general.ini but ESI's ini. :evil:
I don't blame to EWI.
I just want to know why this mater(CTD) happened suddenly since ENB0.250
I thought this CTD was caused by d3d9.dll .
I'm so sorry not for speaking english well.
If I could, I"ve spoken about it in English in details.
Thanks for reading,everyone from japan.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Unreal wrote:

STOP!!!

I don't know why someone wants others ini, these settings don't make miracles...
I've never understood it myself. Every modification I've made to my own .ini files are for a specific purpose. Just throwing in a heavily modified .ini that's not set up for your own system is just, well, irresponsible...
endlesswalker wrote: I"ve also crashed with general.ini but ESI's ini. :evil:
I don't blame to EWI.
I just want to know why this mater(CTD) happened suddenly since ENB0.250
I thought this CTD was caused by d3d9.dll .
I'm so sorry not for speaking english well.
If I could, I"ve spoken about it in English in details.
Thanks for reading,everyone from japan.
I'm really sorry, but without more information there's very little any of us can do to help you. I understand there is a language issue but maybe you can explain exactly what's going on in your native language and post a machine translation here? Without more details other than "It's crashing" we can't really do anything to help...

I will ask this though... when you upgraded to 0.250, did you also get the new enbhost.exe? That file was modified in 0.250 and older versions of it won't work with the newer .dll

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

@endlesswalker

I'm having the exact same stack_hash_fc2e error as shown in your blog.
kingeric1992 wrote:
My TESV.exe crashed at startup on a vanilla skyrim without SKSE on ENB 0.250+, but it works fine on ENB 0.246 or other older versions. And by "crash at startup" I mean it crashes before Bethe Logo set in with a appcrash error stackhash_fc2e. I've checked directX files, microsoft C++ files, and I had the original skyrim ini edited for ENB.

Also, the Renderinfo.ini has zero content when crash, but as I revert back to core 0.246, everything is fine again.

System:
Windows 7 7601 X64
L5639
MSI gtx680 4g
all the tests are done on a vanilla skyrim with game generated inis.

I've googled that the stack hash problem might related to the Windows DEP feature, but disable it would not help.

update: the first version of ENB 0.250 which post on Febeurary 1st is running great.

Hm, I get Freezes, often when spells are cast. vram/ram maybe runs out due to the small limit in skyrim?

Can't see the live ram/vram since I use enb ><

I have Elys Meminfo but how do I activate it? Don't understand the ini.

Hi Boris - a couple of questions about VideoMemorySizeMb and AutodetectVideoMemorySize in enblocal.ini:

Back in the 0.224 thread ZeroKing asked about VideoMemorySizeMb, and you replied that the Max value for VideoMemorySizeMb is 1 Terabyte (so 1048576 Mb).

However, I've read so many posts saying the limit of VideoMemorySizeMb is 10240 (10Gb).

On my system with 32GB of system RAM, and a 1GB videocard, if I use AutodetectVideoMemorySize =true to set ENBoost's video memory size, when I check in the ENB GUI, it reports video memory as somewhere between 15 to 17GB, depending on how much system RAM was available when I started Skyrim.

So, as of the current 0.252 binary, is that number shown in the GUI correct, or is only 10Gb available to use for video memory?

Now, I know that 15-17GB is waaaay too much for my system, of course - so I am just asking about how it works in theory.

I'm asking because I have done a LOT of reading about this, and I think the 10Gb number might have come from a post you made some time ago on Nexus that on x64 systems, ENBoost can handle 6Gb of memory in enbhost.exe and about 4GB in TESVexe (both of those numbers are with EnableCompression=true).

But then you have since changed ENBoost so that more enbhost.exe processes can be spawned, so in that case the limit is the same as you increased it to in binary 0.250 - 128Gb (uncompressed) or 192Gb (compressed), which would be accomplished with 32 enbhost.exe processes. (Again - in theory only!)

However, if I got this wrong and the VideoMemorySizeMb limit is really is 10Gb, then I wonder why, when I use AutodetectVideoMemorySize , I see video memory set to 15-17Gb.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Around 10 gb is limit for ENBoost of old versions, all latest have 1 tb (or lower, depending from your os limit). If you see huge numbers in stats this means it's shared video memory, driver use part of system memory as video memory (i f* hate this).