TES Skyrim 0.252

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*master*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.252

Madpaddy wrote:Sorry to go off topic but i'm at my wits end.Does anybody know why when i turn the camera at some angles stuff like walls etc disappear ??,i've reinstalled clean install tried everything but its still does it :(.I was going to ask on nexus but couldn't be bothered with all the crap i would get from idiots lol.
Make sure you have "bFloatPointRenderTarget=1" set in your SkyrimPrefs.ini and that you have AA and AF disabled in Skyrim and your GPU drivers.

What does everyone here recommend to monitor how much VRAM is being used ?

ENB kind of inspires excellence, and helps to encourage better looking game
To that end most users will be trying lots of texture replacements aswell ..

I think I saw mention that one of the most popular tools ( Skyrim Performance Monitor ) for monitoring VRAM use and giving a measure of what you are using was sneered at by Boris ( I think the term used was reference a bunch of software collectively labelled crapware )

I am experimenting with textures : -

But the settings for ENBoost I get the feeling can only be optimally set if you are sure you will never exceed a certain amount of VRAM use with your textures installed

Ideally the best piece of software to report this ( without installing extra crapware ) would be ENB

But it does not, so I wonder what is the best to use for monitoring VRAM use ?, and ensuring you get your settings right for the amount of system resources you are using ( I mean lets face it, most of nexus is texture "upgrades" and most people wanting realistic ENB will also use textures to enhance the game ).

Maeldun wrote:
Madpaddy wrote:Sorry to go off topic but i'm at my wits end.Does anybody know why when i turn the camera at some angles stuff like walls etc disappear ??,i've reinstalled clean install tried everything but its still does it :(.I was going to ask on nexus but couldn't be bothered with all the crap i would get from idiots lol.
Make sure you have "bFloatPointRenderTarget=1" set in your SkyrimPrefs.ini and that you have AA and AF disabled in Skyrim and your GPU drivers.
Yeah all that seems to be fine mate,its very odd i've seen lots of people reporting this but no solution,only at certain angles when moving the camera,but it ISN'T an ENB problem it would seem, as it does it without ENB :(.Cheers for your help anyway.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

You could try this setting under Display in your skyrim.ini

fNearDistance=5

It sets the clipping distance for near objects, I believe the default is 10 so reducing this may help your problem

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

Remove all .ini and let the game regenerates them anew, see if it's better.

*master*

Madpaddy wrote: Yeah all that seems to be fine mate,its very odd i've seen lots of people reporting this but no solution,only at certain angles when moving the camera,but it ISN'T an ENB problem it would seem, as it does it without ENB :(.Cheers for your help anyway.
aleanne wrote: Remove all .ini and let the game regenerates them anew, see if it's better.
Yes, refreshing your ini files is the next step if this happens independent of ENB. Bad ini edits will cause this to happen and not only in Skyrim - other Bethesda games are affected the same way - bad ini edits will cause this behavior.

Furball wrote:What does everyone here recommend to monitor how much VRAM is being used ?

ENB kind of inspires excellence, and helps to encourage better looking game
To that end most users will be trying lots of texture replacements aswell ..

I think I saw mention that one of the most popular tools ( Skyrim Performance Monitor ) for monitoring VRAM use and giving a measure of what you are using was sneered at by Boris ( I think the term used was reference a bunch of software collectively labelled crapware )

I am experimenting with textures : -

But the settings for ENBoost I get the feeling can only be optimally set if you are sure you will never exceed a certain amount of VRAM use with your textures installed

Ideally the best piece of software to report this ( without installing extra crapware ) would be ENB

But it does not, so I wonder what is the best to use for monitoring VRAM use ?, and ensuring you get your settings right for the amount of system resources you are using ( I mean lets face it, most of nexus is texture "upgrades" and most people wanting realistic ENB will also use textures to enhance the game ).
GPU-Z works, but after a while it starts to eat CPU cycles and cause lag in Skyrim.

With the newest version of ENB it is more optimized to use all of your VRAM (I routinely get all 4GB used up) and still run smoothly. I wouldn't go by VRAM usage, learn to spot VRAM stutter and use that as a gauge. VRAM stutter most often happens when turning quickly in a place with a lot of textures like a city. You will get sharp lag when turning around but it will quickly go away. The same thing happens if you spin around quickly when you first start the game, as not all the textures are loaded.

*sensei*

I love terms like this:
VRAM stutter
and...
as not all the textures are loaded.
Is just wrong. Those textures are loaded, just not drawn. There's a difference. Google something like "hidden surface determination" to figure out exactly how does it work in 3d games.

prod80 wrote:I love terms like this:
VRAM stutter
and...
as not all the textures are loaded.
Is just wrong. Those textures are loaded, just not drawn. There's a difference. Google something like "hidden surface determination" to figure out exactly how does it work in 3d games.
What do you mean? I don't know a lot about how 3D apps work, but to my understanding when you first load the game and you get the initial stutter when you turn around, this is caused by the textures not being drawn or loaded into framebuffer. You can see the spike in VRAM usage if you monitor it. This causes a pause while the textures are loaded from either the RAM or hard disk to VRAM, then draw by the GPU, no?

Also, I wasn't saying that the initial slow down when you spin around after loading a game is VRAM stutter. I only said it's similar to the stuttering that appears when VRAM is full because when the framebuffer is full the new textures have to be moved from the RAM or HDD to the VRAM.

In my opinion you should just put in the install instructions the enblocal settings your preset needs. If they can't read the instructions then they don't get to play with the shinies.
Nvidia EVGA GeForce Titan Black