TES Skyrim 0.252

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.252

There is another way to get a cinematic aspect ratio that works with TAA, i don't use TAA but I tried this when I used to with one card.

Create a custom resolution in NVidia control panel and set GPU to override scaling - eg 2560x1080 (if you normally use 1080p) and then set this as your resolution in skyrimprefs. The whole game will be in letterbox - there maybe some performance hit depending on your system/settings but it looks coool.

i7 11700k @5.2GHz
RTX 4080
32gb DDR4 RAM C16
WDBlack 2TB Gen 4 NVMEe SSD
Over 100TB of additional storage

my Flickr
my videos

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:tapioks
I'm playing various games, including ff14. Tired from life, all the same shit without future, but games at least don't alllow me to think about bad things.
Ah, that explains it. I'm sorry to hear that Boris, I really am. If it is of any help, just disregard the questions I've been posting the last week or so. I can deal with a few graphical artifacts. It's more important that you take it easy and find a way to feel better. :)

Thanks for all the dedicated, hard work you've put into ENB. I may be new to it, but it is hard to miss.

I've have around 14 hours of play on .252 and I haven't run into any issues. It seems to be much more efficient. I've been able to turn on some ENB features that I've played without up until now and I'm having a much more smooth experience. I'm running with S.T.E.P. textures and around 252 mods and it runs like a dream. Thank you so much for the work you've done on this Boris.
Nvidia EVGA GeForce Titan Black

*master*

electricsheep26354 wrote:There is another way to get a cinematic aspect ratio that works with TAA, i don't use TAA but I tried this when I used to with one card.

Create a custom resolution in NVidia control panel and set GPU to override scaling - eg 2560x1080 (if you normally use 1080p) and then set this as your resolution in skyrimprefs. The whole game will be in letterbox - there maybe some performance hit depending on your system/settings but it looks coool.
I've done this on occasion as well (my native resolution is 2560x1600) and I get a performance increase due to the fact that I'm rendering about 2/3 as many pixels. If you get a performance decrease you may want to try switching between windowed and full screen mode or check that you've set your refresh rate correctly in the custom resolution.

And as for 0.252, I've been testing it with overloaded VRAM usage. I have 3GB of VRAM and I constantly see it getting maxed out (info is on a desktop gadget on another monitor, not an OSD) with little or no impact on the game. The only real downside is increased loading times but this is to be expected.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Jafin16 wrote:@KuroTenshi
Don't you get ghosting with Temporal AA and if not, how? I LOVE Temporal aa but the ghosting makes it unusable for me.
Temporal Ghosting is something entirely normal for certain objects it's currently unavoidable i guess only TXAA is currently tuned enough to be able to cope with it (never saw it myself in action so it's hard to abx it for myself) but even SMAA T2X is showing problems in that field, so yet their is no implementation that is well tuned @ least i saw none yet Infamous Second Son is still Ghosting according to many Gamers even with its SMAA T2X kind of implementation :(

So instead of Flickering we changed it to Ghosting, so we are practically there where we have been for ages in the Video reconstruction field, and there we moving in the direction of Neural Network based Scaling (Machine Learning, Trained) algorithms this is impossible todo in Realtime on most GPUs and is needing a lot of Compute Power so in those consequences it seems even much more sane to use (SG)SSAA. :(

Perfection is the greatest enemy of photorealism.
Jorge Jimenez Activision Blizzard

*master*

I'm seeing instances of presets being uploaded on the Nexus that contain enbhost.exe. I mention this because the prohibition in place at Nexus covers the dll. Also worth mentioning that differing versions of enbhost.exe and ENBSeries binaries my cause issues. If Boris has no issue with this, then forget I mentioned it. However, if Boris feels there is reason to keep the upload of enbhost.exe from being allowed, then we should change the prohibition to include the executable and have those file uploads corrected...and I can correct the uploaders' intentions.

I also see a lot of presets uploading the enblocal.ini, and I was under the impression that this configuration is for the local machine, not to do with any presets for ENBSeries. Is there a possibility of noting in readme or description for ENBSeries that the inclusion of this configuration file can cause issues and care should be taken when "installing" presets as updates are made frequently and changes made can have an effect not intended?

*sensei*

I never understood why preset creators upload the enblocal.ini.
It is nothing but trouble, and it is clear the by far most of the troubleshooting requests with performance, stuttering, etc. come back down to this file not being optimized for the end user.

People want plug n play, yet the enblocal is about as anti plug n play as it gets! At least now there are several good guides on how to setup the file, and that helps immensely. But really it is just bad practice to upload that file with the preset. Once people get a working one, then they try a new preset and forget about it, and then they think the preset is shite because of stuttering/bad performance once more.

As for the enbhost.exe... I am sure it is an error on the preset creators side that this got into the upload, since why would they ever upload it at all? There is just no point in doing so without the .dll.

Aiyen wrote:I never understood why preset creators upload the enblocal.ini.
It is nothing but trouble, and it is clear the by far most of the troubleshooting requests with performance, stuttering, etc. come back down to this file not being optimized for the end user.

People want plug n play, yet the enblocal is about as anti plug n play as it gets! At least now there are several good guides on how to setup the file, and that helps immensely. But really it is just bad practice to upload that file with the preset. Once people get a working one, then they try a new preset and forget about it, and then they think the preset is shite because of stuttering/bad performance once more.

As for the enbhost.exe... I am sure it is an error on the preset creators side that this got into the upload, since why would they ever upload it at all? There is just no point in doing so without the .dll.
Asking Nexus users to actually read something through and edit it themselves is like asking a fifth grader to master differential calculus...
Of course not 100% of Nexus users are like this, but I, along with many others, feel the frustration of dealing with the typical user. They want mods to install themselves, the game to run itself, ini's to tweak themselves, and ENB to tweak itself and if one thing is out of whack they will blame the author of the last mod they downloaded. I can't count the amount of times I've seen a mod author clearly outline the installation process, only to get harassed because somebody couldn't follow it.

It's a shame really, there are some great mod creators on the Nexus, but imo the horrible servers, Gestapo-esque moderators, and generally stupid community make me want to avoid the Nexus.

Also, something random, but somebody here may know the answer. Temporal AA increases my performance while other AA is active. What is the reason behind this? For example, in a given area if I get 35 FPS with no AA, then turn on all AA except temporal, I will get ~27ish FPS. But then with temporal on it will go up to about 33 FPS, almost where I was with no AA at all yet still looking much better.

*sensei*

Hehe the "gestapo like" moderators etc are there because the general community is like that. If they where not then it would collapse and be like a reddit post session in a matter of hours.
Any community that gets as big as the nexus one will be "stupid". Also I think anyone who is a moderator there will get overly harsh after a while, with that much shite coming their way.

As for the AA. Transparency AA will not work while Temporal is on and vice versa, so the difference you see is because transparency eats up way more then temporal does.

Aiyen wrote:Hehe the "gestapo like" moderators etc are there because the general community is like that. If they where not then it would collapse and be like a reddit post session in a matter of hours.
Any community that gets as big as the nexus one will be "stupid". Also I think anyone who is a moderator there will get overly harsh after a while, with that much shite coming their way.

As for the AA. Transparency AA will not work while Temporal is on and vice versa, so the difference you see is because transparency eats up way more then temporal does.
Oh I understand it's inevitable. They have to herd the sheep, figuratively speaking.

Anyway, that makes sense, thanks for the info.