TES Skyrim 0.252

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.252

I believe the reason many preset creators upload the enblocal file is because of the proxy library (hooking SweetFX and/or smaa/fxaa injectors into ENB). For a number of presets to look correct, they require these files (the value of which can of course be debated). Ultimately though, it IS the user's responsibility to make sure the memory and engine sections especially are configured for THEIR systems and, if I ever get around to uploading a preset, I simply won't provide support for people who refuse to follow simple step-by-step installation instructions including how to configure your enblocal.ini properly. In my opinion, the point of sharing your preset should not be endorsements or file of the month or popularity in any form, but simply a desire to share something you've spent hundreds of hours painstakingly tweaking and editing, the work of art you've produced. And those that refuse to follow the dang instructions you put up for their benefit don't want to read them, then that's their problem and not mine or any other preset author's. If that costs some endorsements, well, they're not endorsements I want anyways. I hate to see the art of ENB preset authoring be degraded by a mass of bumbling idiots who can't read a freaking description page.

Anyways, that's my two cents from a very tired brain. I hope you can make some sense of it. I'm going to sleep now.

Enblocal.ini is also where you enable and disable AA effects in addition to proxy dlls. I'm sure if you actually tried to think about it you'd realize why authors upload enblocal.ini files.

*sensei*

Yeah SweetFX use is still rather prominent. One can hope that this changes as more and more people learn how to convert the code into the effect.txt and/or enbeffect.fx, using the templates that already exist for it.

As for AA techniques. In my opinion then a presets atmosphere and feel does not depend at all on the AA used. AA is a strictly system dependent setting that is up to the individual user. So once one creates a preset free from SweetFX then there really should not be any reason to include anything but a guide, or a link to a guide related to enblocal.ini.

But yeah at the end of the day then all issues come down to people wanting nice stuff, without doing anything but pressing install...

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Sorry for late reply.

snsmac
If i only use 4k textures, they wont fit into my vram. So what happens than?
They will be deleted in vram by enboost to make free space for new which must be drawed at this moment. When new are drawed, they will be deleted and old will be restored again from ram. And game will not crash as Jafin16 said, unless you use latest ENBoost and x64 system with enough ram, only performance will be lower.

CruNcher
I can't say anything to you about alpha transparency issues and shared vram size.

Jafin16
Black or violet textures appear when multithreaded code of the game fails, happen when you don't have enough vram left and delays to load textures is too high. I can't fix that, it's not on my side.

MOTOSXORPIO
ENBHost.exe of different versions are only for certain mod versions, but another problem is malicious activity on the nexus, i strongly advise to not use any binaries from there. And of course enblocal.ini in presets is silly, entire idea of new file for user machine is broken.

Cinematic letter bars can be made by using alpha channel 0 value to mark areas as unused for temporal antialiasing. Just change the shaders code for that.

*sensei*

Only including enblocal.ini because of proxy, can be used as reference or tweaked for personal taste. There is no other reason.

So far when I look over ENB pages that don't have it included there's always questions as to; Why and How to set it up. I have not had 1 single question or problem from anyone about it in 1600+ posts. So I don't see any reason not to include it, even if it's ridiculous that it's included since the file is system based.

*master*

ENBSeries wrote:Sorry for late reply.

MOTOSXORPIO
ENBHost.exe of different versions are only for certain mod versions, but another problem is malicious activity on the nexus, i strongly advise to not use any binaries from there. And of course enblocal.ini in presets is silly, entire idea of new file for user machine is broken.
Completely agreed.

While we are at it and ENBoost seems to have changed, is the recommendation to set VideoMemorySizeMb to your video memory size in mega bytes (minus a small amount for windows) and start with ReservedMemorySizeMb=64 on high end systems correct?
There is so much different information about that floating around and it seems to have changed over past versions.

*master*

Then what about just splitting enblocal.ini in two inis, one for machine specific settings, and one for graphical enb settings like AA/Fixes/proxy etc.. Some of those things need to be set correctly.
One way is to let people know in articles (that may or may not be read...). That may still get you less of support questions than copying the enblocal.ini.
But a split that makes sense for certain vars maybe a good idea to push it a step further.
Just an idea...

Sorry to go off topic but i'm at my wits end.Does anybody know why when i turn the camera at some angles stuff like walls etc disappear ??,i've reinstalled clean install tried everything but its still does it :(.I was going to ask on nexus but couldn't be bothered with all the crap i would get from idiots lol.

People have begun uploading the .exe and .dll because there's been a few version-less updates. You should be incrementing the version to reflect major/minor changes to remove any ambiguity.