TES Skyrim 0.262

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

TES Skyrim 0.262

The Elder Scrolls Skyrim (TES Skyrim, Скурим Свитки)

Graphic mod ENBSeries / patch ENBoost 0.262

Added distance fade parameter to the mist category. Also rescaled vertical fade of the mist by 0.25.
Added parameter WeatherAndTime for external shaders. For usage see description of it in updated enbeffect.fx.
Added EnableTextureAlpha parameter for subsurface scattering effect, it can be modified only manually with game restart. When enabled, alpha channel of sss textures is used to modify subsurface scattering computation radius and amount. Alpha values between 192..255 affect radius by decreasing it up to 4 times, 0..191 values modify amount of subsurface effect. By default alpha is white in textures, so i don't expect any issues with existing body modifications, feel free to modify their sss texture alpha channel, dxt5 format is preffered.
If somebody don't know, sss textures are mostly those with "_sk" ending in file name. Their color used for vanilla subsurface scattering (which i hate) and now alpha channel in my implementation of subsurface scattering (vanilla shaders don't use alpha channel).

DaemonWhite
I don't understand. Do you mean volumetric shadows / scattering in fog, similar to underwater rays? If yes, then possible (already tried), but shadow in the game have different direction compared to sun and on practice this confuse a lot when player see difference. Another issue is with low resolution of shadow mapped to world, fixing aliasing bugs turn everything in to very blurry rays and they of course do not fit well edges of objects. In other games this is not the problem, but i don't see much reason to implement very low detailed effect, it worth only when you see thin rays while going in the wood.

EDIT: volumetric mist removed in update, later will return to it.
Added volumetric mist, it's same mist from older versions, but raytraced as volume. Effect not optimized and use visible dithering pattering, if visual improvement worth it, i'll make changes to make it fast and smooth. Parameters are used from old mist, volume generated from anchors (additional editor panel) when you press new button to update volumetric map. Unfortunately mist designed for exponential fade and hard to notice changes in volume, that's why i'm not sure about future of volumetric mist.
Well, in topic of 0.261 i wrote a lot about issues with mist low density for volumetric mode, but may be in some conditions it's still useful. Show me screenshots (do not attach to the forum, use image hosting sites) where volumetric rendering much better than standart mist, then i'll do changes to quality and performance.

Here is an example of different sss textures, first with white alpha, second with mostly gray and a bit white for noise and lips, third on the right with lot of dark alpha:

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: TES Skyrim 0.262

Should anchors be used differently? I place them at water level around major water bodies with the normal mist.
Dark Souls 2 ENB preset - Preset for Dark Souls 2.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

The same as before. But if the same, visual difference will not be visible, that's the problem.

*sensei*

Just tried the volumetric mist, and I see tiny squares like a window screen.
Here's the picture showing disabled and enabled.
OrganicENB SE
OrganicENB LE

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

use visible dithering pattering
Isn't that clear already from description?

Boris - I know this is off-topic but an ENB mod has appeared on the nexus which includes a d3d9.dll which might be based on your work. I do not know if the DLL is completely original or if it based on yours but figured you would be in a much better position to determine if it was using your work without permission....

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57031/?

EDIT : Resolved - the modder was including an older DLL without permission but has agreed to remove it from the mod and re-upload without it.

Thanks boris, will try out! We are dealing with Fog anyway at the very moment.

Btw, a very sensefull fog feature for me would be to controll normal fog far/near Distances over enb and maybe even the color(beside the curve).
We are doing alooot with weahers and Skyrims fog itself is quiet messed up on that so we need to create .esp patched for weathers wich is ofcourse suboptimal.

Offtopic:
Would it be possible for the d3d9.dll to look for the enbseries folder into the Data/ location also? This would make things a hell lot easier for us who use installers
for enb ;)

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Mangaclub
I will not do "enbseries" folder in game "Data" folder, mod is not native game modification and it's not for Skyrim only.
Fog near and far colors are bullshit made by mad mind, i don't want to touch it at all. And in shaders fog implemented in different way, hard to replace and fix code automatically because of that, so i don't want to bother, simpler to edit weather setting as default weather preset is bad anyway.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

So, no interest to volumetric fog or unable to proove that it have important difference to the better?

Oh I assure you there is a LOT of interest for the volumetric fog / mist and general fabulous effects your implementing into the game.

I can but tip my hat as to what your doing/done is beyond belief.

I will be waiting on Confidence Man to do his magic with his ENB baby as I am using that more so at the moment.
RAM : 8GB DDR3 800MHz
Sound : HyperCloud 7.1
VR : Rift

Obsidian Weathers and Luminous ENB.
ENB 0.402