Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.267

Forum rules
new topics are not allowed in this subsection, only replies.
  • Author
*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Re: Fallout 3 / New Vegas 0.267

No. When hdr enabled and no mods installed, mod can't fail, enbseries.ini parameters immune to external shaders and everything else, only game data passed to dx9 matters.

What about shader tweaks? Could this cause it? This is from the tweak guides site.
bAllow30Shaders=0 - If set to 1, this option will allow (but not force) the use of Shader Model 3.0 on graphics cards which support it, namely Nvidia GeForce 6600 or newer, or ATI X1000 series or newer. This can potentially improve performance when using HDR rendering for example. However to force the actual use of 3.0 Shaders after making the above change, you will also need to check your RenderInfo.txt file, found under the same directory as your .ini files, and near the bottom the file check which shader package it uses (e.g. Shader Package : 13). Then go to the \\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data\Shaders\ folder and rename that particular package to something else (e.g. rename shaderpackage013.sdp to shaderpackage013._bak. Now copy shaderpackage019.sdp and paste it back into the same directory, and rename this new copy to the package name your card uses (e.g. rename it to shaderpackage013.sdp in this example). This will supposedly force Fallout 3 to use the Shader Model 3.0 shaders in the game. In practice this doesn't appear to noticeably alter image quality or performance, so at best it might be used for troubleshooting purposes (Fallout.ini).

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

Any changes made to game preset file are not supported.

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

While I don't know definitively, I'm going to guess that Yes, that could cause problems. Revert to a 100% vanilla game if possible (.ini files, shader tweaks, no texture packs, nothing at all) and properly install just ENB. Add mods back-in from there, but my guess is your problem will be solved.

*master*

Does anyone use the Tale of Two Wastelands mod? I have a glitch in the Death Claw Sanctuary located in the FO3 Capital Wasteland where, depending on the direction I look, the ENB settings switch between interior and exterior. Can anyone verify this issue at the location or is this a known issue in general that can be corrected? I also experience it in the "TTW Mini Hideout" mod conversion. Thanks for any info.

*master*

i recently started working on ENB for FO3/NV (never played the game before, want to do that...)
so i tried the different popular weather mods, mainly for the reason of less tint. then i realized that tint isnt that much an issue even when using boris's Gamecolorcorrection (i use bloom after GCC, and a touch of palette). i see that vanilla weathers are mainly well done that way (though they really would benefit from a weather ini system)
i want to ask the "old Fallout ENB pros" whats your take on weather mods? any experience whats the best choice and works best with ENB? because i already ran into some issues with Project Reality and Nevada Skies.
thanks

p.s. sorry wrong thread... well...

*master*

number6 wrote:Does anyone use the Tale of Two Wastelands mod? I have a glitch in the Death Claw Sanctuary located in the FO3 Capital Wasteland where, depending on the direction I look, the ENB settings switch between interior and exterior. Can anyone verify this issue at the location or is this a known issue in general that can be corrected? I also experience it in the "TTW Mini Hideout" mod conversion. Thanks for any info.
If anyone else runs into this, I found out that the problem is with placeable water objects in the game that reflect the sky. Looking at these objects seems to mistake ENB into thinking it's exterior. Editing the water objects in the GECK to not reflect the sky fixes it.

*master*

Boris, I was working on annotations for my enbeffect.fx shader and realized that they cannot have the same UIName since that's how they are stored in the enbeffect.fx.ini file. For example, in the following code, only the first "Enable" will show up in game:

Code: Select all

//{ Gamma
	string STRING_Gamma = "Gamma";
	bool EnableGamma <
		string UIName = "Enable";
	> = {true};
	float3	EColorGammaDay <
		string UIName="Gamma Day";
		string UIWidget="Spinner";
		float UIMin=0.0;
		float UIMax=50.0;
	> = {1.0, 1.0, 0.95};
	float3	EColorGammaNight <
		string UIName="Gamma Night";
		float UIMin=0.0;
		float UIMax=50.0;
	> = {1.0, 1.0, 1.0};
	float3	EColorGammaInterior <
		string UIName="Gamma Interior";
		float UIMin=0.0;
		float UIMax=50.0;
	> = {0.78, 0.67, 0.64};
//}
//{ Mult
	string STRING_Multiplication = "Multiplication";
	bool EnableMult <
		string UIName = "Enable";
	> = {true};
	float3	EColorMultDay <
		string UIName="Mult Day";
		float UIMin=0.0;
		float UIMax=50.0;
	> = {1.0, 1.0, 1.0};
	float3	EColorMultNight <
		string UIName="Mult Night";
		float UIMin=0.0;
		float UIMax=50.0;
	> = {0.5, 0.75, 0.75};
	float3	EColorMultInterior <
		string UIName="Mult Interior";
		float UIMin=0.0;
		float UIMax=50.0;
> = {0.5, 0.5, 0.5};
//}
I'm sure you are aware of this, but is there anything you could do to change it in future versions so that the actual variable name (which is unique) is used to store the ini values?

*blah-blah-blah maniac*

UIName is an identifier for gui elements, this is gui middleware limitation. Same names produce error, you just don't see it in release build.

Finally fixed my issue. It really was because of that shader tweak thing.

Anyway, can anyone tell me what causes grainy shadows when using Detailed Shadows?